chapter 9

My bestfriend is my husband

 

“ sorry because of my family you need to cancel your date with siwon. I really didn’t expect dad will call us to have dinner with them tonight..” feel guilty for tiffany because she supposed to date with siwon tonight to celebrate siwon’s birthday. But because of his parents, tiffany have to follow him.

“ its ok. Plus we already celebrate his birthday last night..” tiffany know how tae’s feel right now so she dont want that man to feel guilt anymore.

“ i bet that siwon must be really angry to me because i stole his girlfriend tonight. Haha. But do i care? Haha..” taeng said dorkily.

“ you never change huh taetae...”, find the statement is funny so she laughed to taeng.

 

AT KIM’S MANSION

“ mom...i’m home..”, said shouted to make the home owner realize about their existence.

Taeng then walk fast to find his mom at the kitchen which still busy with all her maid preparing the food. He backhug his mom tightly and then he kissed his mom cheek. Mrs kim really miss her dorky son. Since taeng move to his apartment she feel really lonely because there’s nobody will make jokes everyday like before. But then she realized that everything was change and she must learnt to accept it. After finished hugging her son, mrs kim then switch to focus to her beloved daughter in law. She also miss that girl really much.

“ my dearest daughter in law ! mom really miss you. Since you married, you rarely come here to visit me huh..”, express her feeling to tiffany.

“ mom..did you just really that mushroom? How about me?  Dont u miss me too?” taeng said to his mom with sad expression.

“ aishhh this kid. You still like a 7 years old kid huh. Always wants to sulking. Its not suit you anymore ok. You’re now a husband. So try to be more matured can you? “, nagging her son playfully.

Tiffany feels its funny when she see how taeng and his mom jokes around together. They looks really cute like that especially when that midget taeng pouts to his mom like a children.

“ wow ! i really miss your foods mom. Seems like hundred years i never taste this...” busy eating his foods.

Tiffany eats quietly because she really feel awkward when Mr Kim was there. Its not that she don’t like that old man but she just scared a little bit because of the firm and serious attitude that Mr Kim has. Mrs kim never failed to treat her daughter in law. Whenever she sees how tiffany uncomfortable with the situation, she will do something that will make the girl feel cheer again. Her efforts works well when taeng also take place in helping to make tiffany feel comfortable with the family.

“ how’s your life now kim taeyeon? “ asked Mr kim to his son.

They are now sitting at the living room while watching the television together. Tiffany sits beside taeyeon all the time because she still afraid with Mr Kim. And taeng really understand his wife feeling. When Mr kim shooting that question, mrs kim looks really interested too.

“ everything is going well. Me and tiffany really happy dad..” taeng said happily while holding tiffany hand tightly.

Mrs kim smiles hearing the answer from taeng mouth. That’s what she expect from her children in their marriage.

“ so when you and tiffany wants to give us grandchild? We are waiting kim taeyeon...”, mr kim said that statement without any guilty.

Taeyeon gulps hearing that question. He never expect his dad will ask that kind of question today. He can feel how uncomfortable tiffany right now from how tiffany hold his hand now. Before taeng able to answer, his dad come up with another words.

“ you guys have married for about 8 months, so i guess it already a long time for you guys to make effort right. Me and hwang cannot wait anymore. I’ve already discussed this matter with him and he also agree with me. So when taeng?...” mr kim looks more serious right now.

“ but dad..we’re still young. We just turned 22. Its too early for us to have children right now. Besides we also still studying. So its not proper for us to have baby. It will be a problem if we have baby right now because i think it might distract our focus on the study..”, taeng try to argue with his dad.

“ too early? Its not the problem and i don’t care. I don’t want to hear any excuse from you taeng. You both should make effort right now. I already planned everything for my future grandchildren. So don’t make me dissapointed with you son..”, never wants to give in to his son.

 

Along the journey to their apartment, there’s only silent between the two. Both of them still thinking about the issue. Tiffany really worry right now. She never expect their family put the hopes really high to them. She feels pressure and stress now. How come they can fulfill their family desire if their married only fake and not true. Taeng realize about the worriness felt by tiffany. Although he also feel pressure with the issue but he needs to give fany support so that she will never feel tense with the situation.

“ fany ah. Don’t worry. You don’t need to think hard about that issue. Let it just be like that. We know what are our situation right so just continue with your life. Don’t bother with it. I know how to handle our parents. Trust me..”, try to make tiffany calm. He doesn’t like to see tiffany sad. He just wants to see a smile on the cute girl face.

“ how you can handle it? We know how our parents are right? They will never sit down silently if we don’t grant their desire..”, still did not confident with taeng statement earlier.

“ as i said earlier, you just live your live. Nothing will change. Let them do what they want to do. Just trust me fany...”, still try his best to persuade that young girl.

 

 

 

* AND TAENY, HERE'S COME TROUBLE. HAHA