CH.20: Lae's Story part 3

Hot Boys...And Fangs

[a/n: actually i change my mind. I think you should just put your bias male idol as Lae's oppa. Just a suggestion.]

-Lae-

As soon as class ended, I quickly went to the library and researched everything for the hawaiian concept and maybe start on some sketches that could work. After I finished, I got ready to go to the cafe and meet Key to at least get the shopping part over with.

"Where is he? It's getting cold." I thought to myself as I waited outside Starbucks with 2 cups of hot Americano coffee.

"Oh good. You're here." He said, just about as rude as he could be.

"Hello to you too. Here's your coffee. I didn't know what you liked so I just bought two Americanos." I said to him as I handed him the other cup.

"Nice choice. I like Americano. We should get going. I wanna get the shopping part over with." He said as he grabbed the drink. As soon as he grabbed the drink, we started our way to the fabric store to get everything we need. To avoid the usual chance of us bickering once again, I just took out my sketchbook and told him what I had.

"Alright. So I did some research and most of the Hawaiian colors revolve around different light colors including hibiscus. So i was thinking that we should do the outfits around that color pattern but still have the modern look to it." I told him as I handed him my sketchbook flipped to the page of the design sketches.

As he was looking through the sketchbook, I couldn't help but feel sad and nostalgic about seeing those beautiful dresses that were displayed. As much as I am trying to hold it in together after losing everything I had because of them, I still didn't want Key to know...at least not right now.

"Not bad. You're actually pretty good." He said, which kind of lifted my spirits a little bit.

"Thanks." I said, but I still could not keep my eyes off of the clothes. It was because of them that I became like this. That I had no other choice but to sell everything I had and rely on my passion for art, photography and fashion to survive.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I was just looking. So what did you--" I told him as I tried to distract him from seeing me cry. As we were about to continue, it never crossed my mind that I would ever see them again right here.

"Umma? Appa?" I was surprised and angry to see them. Why now?

"You know them?" Key asked while I kept my eyes to them. What do they want?

"Not anymore. I don't want to have anything to do with them.What are you doing here?"I replied to Key, just before I turned to them.

"We've been looking all over for you. We want you to come home with us. We miss you so much." My mother said. How could they ask me to come home with them after what they did to me?

"You miss me? No. I am not going with you. Not after what you made me go through after oppa's death. There is no way I am letting either of you walk back into my life after what you did to me." I replied, tears was flowing down my cheeks as I couldn't contain my anger anymore.

What kind of parents are they?! How can they just walk into my life again after abandoning me 6 years ago? Oppa, I really miss you so much. I wish you were so I wouldn't have to face this myself.

"LAE MARIE NOIRE! HOW DARE YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE AT US YOUNG LADY? YOU BETTER APOLOGIZE TO YOUR MOTHER RIGHT NOW AND COME WITH US." My father yelled.  At this point, I didn't care about the fact that I just raised my voice at them. I wasn't about to fall for it and be controlled and abused again.

"Apologize for what? For losing everything I had after his death? Why are you making it seem like I killed him? In fact, he was more of a parent than you both were! I am not going back to suffer again!" I said, as I ran away before I could do anything else that I would regret.


====

As soon as I ran, I didn't look back at them. I was too upset and disappointed to even know how to face them properly. I guess I was too upset to even realize that I had run all the way to where I lived and to even realize that Key had followed me here.

"Lae? Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him as I wiped my tears as quickly as I could.

"Nice try but you can't hide it from me." He replied. "Where are we anyway?"

"You're at my house. No one was really supposed to know but I guess you know now." I replied. "Why did you follow me here anyway?"

Given the fact that he's a diva, why did he suddenly show some sympathy?

"Though I'm not one to really care about others' business but in this case, I witnessed it happening in front of me. Judging from the way you talked to them, something bad must have happened. It could be linked to how you are dressed and how you are looking at those clothes a while ago." He told me.

I guess he knows so much already that I have no other choice but to tell him.

"Alright fine. I'll tell you." I said as I took a deep breath before I started.

"It happened 6 years ago when my oppa got into a car accident on his way back home. We were told that he kept slipping back ad forth from unconsciousness while he was being transferred to a hospital. Before he could make it to the emergency room. He had already died after losing a lot of blood. Several months after he passed away, things changed. My parents started blaming everything on me and even wished that I took his place and died instead. Not long after they abused me, they left me alone in the mansion." I said as tears began to flow down my cheeks as the painful images of my past started coming back to me again.

"Because of them, I had to sell everything I owned, including those dresses I used to wear just so I can survive. I was homeless and lived in the streets for months. I tried thinking to myself that they would come back for me but they never did. Since then, I could only rely on everything I had left to even get food and a shelter for myself."

As I told him the story, I could feel that the burden I was feeling was slowly lifting. I guess I endured this much pain that I never knew that it would be this good to have told someone about it.

"Mianhe...." He said.

"For what?" I asked, I didn't expect that I would hear something like that from him.

"I don't know how to comfort you and to apologize for all those things I said to you." He told me.

"It doesn't matter now. Anyway, we should get going and get those fabrics. I don't want to fall behind." I said, changing the subject before he pities me.

-3rd person-

After Key listened to everything she said, a look of concern was written over his face. You could tell that he wanted to comfort her as his hand hovered hesitantly over her shoulder but he pulled it back again.

"Mianhe...." Key said.

"For what?" Lae asked, confused as she didnt't expect to hear an apology from him.

"I don't know how to comfort you and to apologize for saying all  those things I said to you." Key replied.

"It doesn't matter now. Anyway, we should get going and get those fabrics. I don't want to fall behind." She said as she turned around smiling at him before she started walking out the door.

Key, mianhe. I just don't want to be pitied by anyone, especially not you. Lae thought as silent tears fell down her cheeks once again while her back still faced Key.

Key on the other hand, knew that she would still be crying and so he walked over to her and turned her around and hugged her so that her head would be resting on his chest.

"Why are you hiding it? You're obviously hurt. You're only gonna hurt yourself and those around you if you keep doing this to yourself." He said as he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I'm sorry." She said as she cried once again.

"Don't ever apologize to anyone because you're hurt. People are only going to worry more." He said.

At that point, Lae cried everything she kept hidden all these years.

"I can't see you be like this anymore. You should live with us. You'll have Emie nuna with you." Key said. "I don't want you to hide anything anymore okay?"

"Okay." Lae replied obediently. As they both stared into each other's eyes, Key slowly leaned forward while Lae's eyes automatically began to close as his lips were nearing hers. Soon, Key closed the gap as he softly pressed his lips against hers and gave her a sweet kiss.

"Let's go." He said as he grabbed her hand and left the place walking hand in hand.

====

A few days later, Lae had moved out of her place and moved in to the boy's mansion where she is residing to a big room across from Emie's. Unlike before, Key and Lae have gotten closer as they no longer bicker with each other. With new clothes and a much warmer place to live in, Lae is finally satisfied as she felt like her life has started anew.

The end.

------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

What do you guys think?? Was it good?? I kinda had trouble writing this part. But anyway, Monica's chapters is left before the final chapters begin.

Let me just thank you guys for commenting and interacting with me throughout the story. You guys have been wonderful and I hope to work with you all again in another project.

 

Copyright 2011. SHINeeheart92.
All rights reserved.