JiaxDaeryong

A Shot A Day

 

"You can open your eyes now miss..." Jia blinked her eyes a few times "slowly.." she heard the nurse muttered under her breathe.

There is this very bright light that shone through her eyes, it was too bright, it hurts a lot. She was scared to open it again but she mustered up her courage to do so when the kind nurse place her arms on her shoulder and assured her that everything is going to be fine. At that point, she would really hate the nurse if her eyes still hurt. However, as she opened her eyes time to time slowly, her eyes adjusted to the surrounding. her vision became clear. Jia bit her lips

"Beautiful..." her eyes welled up with tears "Very beautiful."

"What is?" the nurse asked her.

"Everything!" Jia cried.

This was what she wanted, getting back her sense of sight. She wants to be able to see that face that she miss again. It has been monts since she couldn't see him, she wants to be able to see him again. If she doesn't see him soon enough, she is scared that she would forget how he looks like. Now that she can see, she wants to see him every single day. It's not like the both of them didn't meet but it's more painful to her that she can't see him. She remembers the time when she hasn't lose her sight to the accident that happens 6 months ago.

"This is for you~" the man that she loves kisses her on the cheeks as he place the rose in her hands.

"What is this for?" Jia asked as she admire his smile.

"HHrrrmm.. I don't know? A rose for making time for me?" he laughed.

"Daeryong~ Don't be such a sweetheart, you're making it hard on me!" Jia frowned.

"I never said I'll make it easy on you~" Daeryong winked, making Jia's cheeks burn.

"Stop..." she covered her face with her hands, the rose still in her grasp.

Daeryong took her hands into his and kisses the knuckles softly. Jia could only stare at what he was doing with all these butterflies flying everywhere in her stomach. She felt so psecial around him. Daeryong looked into her eyes, her hands still in his hands and she could feel his lips still on her knuckles. The way he looks at her, raising his eyes just to meet hers. It was so romantic, something that she has always dreamt of.

Jia swallowed her nervousness as she played with his fingers, fiddling the tip of his thumb and then tracing her finger on the palm of his hand. She could tell he likes it with the smile on his face. It was a face full of amazement as if it was something so new to him. Jia called out to Daeryong softly, she isn't sure why, even though they were looking at each other, their brains are floating somewhere else. Daeryong nod his head when she called for the second time.

"I'm hungry..." Jia pressed her lips together.

"Oh yes! Of course, we came here to eat!" Daeryong laughed as he called for the waiter to take their order.

"I'll decided on what we eat today, ok?" Daeryong insisted as the waiter made his way to the table with a smiled on his face.

Daeryong pointed out to the waiter on what he wanted from the menu and added a botthe of wine for both of them to enjoy. Jia was happy with the choice of dinner and she really appreciate wine for the night. She needs them after the stressful hours at work. Daeryong has this sense that she doesn't know where he got from. He knows what she needed or wanted most of the time! 

"I have sense right?" Daeryong winked.

"Fix that winking habit of yours!" Jia flinched before rolling her eyes.

"Why? It makes you blush?" he asked her and when she turned to look at him, he winked again.

Jia bit her lip as she playfully slap Daeryong cheeks before she admire his face. Daeryong kept quiet, his lips still curved with a smile, he too was admiring Jia's features. Jia tilted her head to the left and Daeryong followed. She laughed at his action and tilted her head to the right. As expected, Daeryong tiltedd his head to the right, copying what Jia had just done. They both laughed softly. 

"How was work today?" Daeryong broke the silence.

"As usual... My manager was basically being an and the two girls are always trying to make a move on our boss. What is wrong with them?!" Jia shook her head in disgust.

"Easy money probably..." Daeryong smirked.

"He's old.. Why not they flirt with the younger ones from the different apartment?" Jia frowned.

"Maybe because they fell in love with the old one? How old is he? 40? Love knows no boundaries..." Daeryong took a sip of the water from the cup on the left side of the table.

"Pppffttt~ Yeah right. And the boss is 63 years old. He has a son who is too young for them so obviously they would go for the old one instead." 

"Omo! My Jia is angry right now..." Daeryong pouted.

"Of course! We all work hard for a pay raise and they just decided to go the easy way out... Annoying!" 

"Oho.. they work hard too! Work hard at flirting... It's difficult to flirt you know... Not everyone can do it!" Daeryong closed his eyes for a moment and nodded.

"Aigoo... Who said so? Flirting is at least much easier than overtime!" Jia looked at Daeyong with absolute confidence.

"Prove it!" Daeryong gives the sweet smile where his dimple would show.

That smile has always made Jia blush. She loves to see him smile like that but unfortunately he rarely does it but when he does, her stomach would just go wild! It's like the butterflies in her stomach decides to fly with a massive speed and churn her whole stomach. The dare he shot at her came to her mind like a bullet and she knows she has to do something. She thought of his smile and wonders if he would feel the same as her if she does that. Jia looked at Daeryong and she could see his eyes filled with anticipation. This is it! It's time ot flash him the infamous smile!

Jia bit her lips before breaking into a smile that she saw him did. It worked! She saw the change on his face and if her eyes wasn't playing tricks on her, she saw him blush.

"Caught you...' Jia voice trailed off as she smiled again.

"The waiter is here." Daeryong changed the subject quickly.

"Thats not fair!" Jia folded her arms.

"We'll continue later..." Daeryong said as the waiter served the food on the table.

They enjoyed the dinner together, talking, laughing and sharing some things that happened to them for the day. It was like a Friday routine for them. If they don't eat at a restaurant, they would probably be at a street stall just talking and laughing like today. Every friday is their day and she admitted that it became like her own unplanned routine. There was never one friday that they missed out on. 

Eventually they finish their meal and as usual Daeryong would send her home. Today, they took a taxi home, Daeryong's car is in the workshop for repair unfortunately. Daeryong held Jia's hands tightly as he signal his right hand towards the road for a taxi. They constantly exchanged glances as they wait for the taxi. Daeryong suddely giggled.

"Why?" Jia asked, curious.

"Are you trying to flirt with me, you keep on admiring my face..." Daeryong shook his head.

Jia smiled and nodded her head slowly. She called Daeryong with a soft voice and when he turns to look at her, she stood on her toes and pecks Daeryong on the lips. When she thought the quick peck has ended, Daeryong stoop lower as he caught her lips with his. She shuts her eyes tight as she felt his lips moved on hers. She opens and let his tongue explore hers. He lets go of her hand only to grab onto her waist and pulled her deeper towards him. It wasn't their first kiss but everytime they kiss, she felt different. It's like every kiss has a different meaning to them. This was something special to her, doesn't that mean that she loves this kiss.

Both of them stood there kissing, not caring about the passer by who either stole a glance or stared at them. All they could think about is the warmth they felt for each other. At the same time, both of them stopped to breathe. Their nose still touching each others as they opened their eyes slowly and stare into them dreamily. They laughed and hugged. 

"I should send you home now before I take you home with me!" Daeryong teased.

"Then should I?" Jia winked at Daeryong.

"Ouh? This lady is getting braver after a kiss. Then... Should we?" Daeryong asked, blushing.

"No! My dad will kill us both..." Jia laughed.

"I know! aaahhhh~ er..." Daeryong whispered, making Jia laugh.

"I'm precious to my family." Daeryong nodded at what she said.

"Stay precious. Keep that diamond of yours for me..." Daeryong said softly.

"How many more months?" Jia asked.

"Months? You need to keep track of time darling..." Daeryong frowned.

"I'm just kidding! 2 weeks left to our wedding right?" Jia giggled.

"Till then, we will wait! I want our first night to be your first!' Daeryong smiled.

They both know that she is a . She remembered the day she followed him home, they nearly slept with each other until she told him to go easy on her because that would be her first time. At the heat of the moment, he stopped and told her to get dressed. He wants her to keep that ity of hers because he was scared. Daeryong was a player before he met Jia. He used to played with women and he onced slept with a and he regretted ever doing it. It was because she nearly committed suicide because of him. That girl named Jin Hee said that she sacrificed a lot for Daeryong, her ity, her purity and Daeyong just left her like that. Jin Hee attempted to commit suicide, swallowing a countless number of pills to kill herself but luckily Daeryong was able to save her. It was hard trying to settle things with her and fortunately, there was this guy who stayed with her and now they are married to each other. Daeryong swore to himself that he wouldn't touch any girls after that because he had a traumaof what had happened to him. 

Jia was taken aback at that story but she didn't want to keep on pestering him of the past. She told him that everyone had their past and maybe his was just more unfortunate. Daeryong told Jia to wait for their first night on their wedding night, when he is sure that he won't leave her for anything else in the world. Daeryong adjusted Jia's fringe, placing the strand of hair behind her ears as he kisses Jia's forehead.

They went back to their initial state, Daeryong signalling for a taxi and Jia holding his hands tightly.

"The taxi's here..." he said softly.

They entered the taxi and he informed the taxi where they are heading for. It was a perfect night for them as usual until it happened! An accident happened. The taxi brakes abruptly and the tire skided, throwing the taxi out of the road into a small construction area. There was a pile of steel pillar placed on the construction and when the taxi went nearer to the pillar, Daeryong grabbed Jia to lay her down upwards on the backseat. Unfortunately, right in front of Jia's eyes, the steel pillars broke the backseat window and hits Daeryong on the head.

"Daeryong!!!!" she heard herself screamed and right at that moment, the shattered glass entered her eyes. She couldn't take the overwhelming pain that she felt and she could feel Daeryong's body fell on hers. His heavy body on her chest making her hard to breathe. She went into an unconscious state after that and the next thing she knew, her eyes was covered.

She no longer could see, she was blind. And when she asked her family wher eDaeyong was, they remained silent until one day her father told her that Daeryong had died during the car accident. From that day onwards, she would visit the memorial where they kept his ashes in a vase and his picture behind the small glass cabinet. She couldn't see his face anymore and she couldn't feel his presence anymore. She couldn't hear his voice and she wouldn't be able to spend anymore fridays with him.

"Your family is waiting for you outside? Don't you want to see them" the nurse said, hitting her back to reality.

"Yes... I should go and meet them now..." Jia said softly, smiling at the nurse.

When she got out of the small room, her family was all smiling at her. Her mother was crying at the side and they all took their turns to hug her.

"Father, I need to go se Daeryong..." Jia said finally.

"I'll take you to him." her father sighed.

A lot of thoughts ran through her mind as she thought of the promises he made to her and the things they wanted to do together after they were married. Jia cried in the car as her father placed his hands on her shoulder trying to comfort her but it doesn't work this time. Being able to see the world just hurts her more because she could see Daeryong with her almost everywhere. She thought that she would feel better when they reach the memorial but she cried even more when she take a look at his picture behind the glass.

"I missed you..." Jia wiped her tears.

"If you were to talk to me now... What would you say?" Jia smiled bitterly.

"I should move on, shouldn't I? You want me to do that, won't you?" Jia shuts her eyes tightly and collapsed.

Her mind, body ands feelings couldn't take the amount of pressure she is feeling right now. She needs more time away from the world. She needs it. If Daeryong was alive, he would know what she needed. If only...