AileexJihoon

A Shot A Day

The Cafe is warm, the latte is sweet, the sky is clear than ever but he can't ignore the person siiting in front of his table. He tilted his head a little to the left and squinted his eyes. As if he had won a lottery, he smiled widely when she lifted her right hand to scratch her nose. There was a mix feeling of being satisfied and bitter. This was what he meant, she was bothering him too much.

Ji Hoon shook his head after slapping himself lightly on the cheek. He reached out for his cup of latte and took a sip of it. He was desperate for some distraction so he took out his phone, only to find himself staring at her again. He slides his finger on his handphone screen and tap his fingers on the camera menu. Using his handphone camera, he zoom in towards her direction so he can admire her features. 

She have this beautiful eye-smile when she talks to the person in front of her. The way her wavy hazel brown hair rests on her shoulder and the way her lips curved into a smile, awed him but he still sigh. She is soo close yet so far and he can't afford to risk anymore pain. Just when he was about to look away, she stood up and left the cafe with her friend. Ji Hoon shook his head again, he can't believe that he had already stood up to leave too. He wanted to follow her and see what she is up to. 

She waved goodbye to her acquaintance and continue walking pass some boutique and restaurant. Ji Hoon quicken his steps to catch up with her, he did not want to lose sight of her. Then, there's this urge to tap her on the shoulder when he got close to her. He did ignore that thought at first but he was scared that he might regret it, so he called out to her.

"Ailee!" he had already regretted blurting out her name but it was too late, she was already looking at him, eyes wide and he thought that this scene was similar to when they last met.

"Ji Hoon..." there it is, the bitter smile that she puts on everytime he called her. He knew this would happen but why did he still stubbornly call out to her. He approached her calmly while scanning her facial expression. She looked uncomfortable, he knows it.

"H-how are you?" he decided that since he had taken the first step to address her, he might as well start a conversation. He was disappointed that she only nodded to answer him.

"It's been a long time hasn't it?" That's when her expression change. He saw her clenching her fist and she looked away. It was like she was too annoyed and angry to look at him. She smirked and shook her head.

"No... Is that all you can say? There's nothing bothering you?" the volume of her voice increasing and she frowned looking at him, waiting for an answer.

"I'm Sorry.... Ailee.. It's just that-" before he can finish his sentence, she lets out a sarcastic laugh.

"Yeah.. there's that excuses that you would always come up with!" Ailee cevered her face and sighed. "just when I was wondering when it will show up" her voice now shaky and she looked at him. He saw her eyes welled with tears.

"And i can't believe I trusted you" The tears slowly fell, her cheek is wet but he can't believe that he thought of how beautiful she is even when she is crying. 'Why did he do that?' Maybe it was because he was too young to think wisely and he thought love was just a game.

Ji Hoon could feel the dampness of her skin as he placed his hands upon her cheeks. He lifted her face, he wants to look into her eyes once again. 

"Sssshhhh~" he watched her lips quiver when she looked at him. Ji Hoon knew that he had given this women too much pain and burden. He is a bad person for leaving her alone when she needed him. Ji Hoon leans in to kiss her on the lips. 

When their lips touched, she backed away. She slapped him in the face and hit him profusely on his chest. He didn't stop her from doing it. He deserve this punishment! If she wants to leave him, he will accept it and if she wants him to stay, he will. However, he knew that whatever he do, it can't erase those bad memories. Ailee sat down on the bench they were standing beside and when he saw her sat, he moved next to her and stared down at his feet.

"So, I was just a fling thing for you to play with and bet around with your friends? And all that 'I Love You' talks was all a lie.. We were in college, you should have a brain by then to think but still you chose otherwise." Ailee smiled and shook her head again. 

He knows what she is thinking of right now. He was just a pathethic guy who couldn't grow up and think for the better.

"So... Are you still that person? The brainless person?" the silence filled them. He can't say anything, he was scared she would judge him as the same pathethic person he is in college.

"I hope not cause I don't want any more girl who deserves better gets hurt because of you.." that was a painful remark. She must have felt so hurt then to keep on inculting him like this.

"Whatever! I wouldn't care less!" he looked at her, those words sound familiar.

"Don't look for me, don't call me! Don't think about me! Don't talk to me anymore! And Don't ever think of making me fall for you!" Yes, it is similar. Too similar.. Ailee stood up and walked away. Ji Hoon couldn't get himself to run after her. He knew she ws hurt enough and there's no way that he can go back to her heart. He could see that it was already shut close for him. 

Ji Hoon remember saying the same thing that she said when he was in college.

A year ago~

"Ailee!" He looked at how bitter her smile is. "Listen to me.." 

"I can't! Don't do this.. Please.. This is painful enough!" Ailee frowned and looked behind him, his friends was there laughing at her. They were throwing some insults at her and mocking the way she talk. 

"I thought that when you said I love you.. it was true. It felt so real.." Ji Hoon did love her but he couldn't let his pride and ego hurt him. He doesn't want his friends to say that he is weak. He had to do this! So, he decided to open his mouth and tell Ailee those painful words that he bet with his friends.

"Whatever! I wouldn't care less!" Ji Hoon took a deep breathe and continued, "Don't look for me, Don't call me! Don't think about me! Don't talk to me anymore! Don't ever think that I fell for you! Why would I?"

There you go, the start of every pain that he felt and most importantly, the pain that she felt! It is his fault that all this happened and he supposed he should leave it as it is and move on. Even if it means, to move on without her.