Hate

A Life's Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 



"Sir, your fiancee is here," the secretary spoke and motioned uncomfortably with her eyes at the woman sitting on the lobby's leather couch.



He sighed. Hearing this the moment he stepped out of his office after a long hour pondering on the department's next product suggestion wasn't the best that could happen. In fact, it was very bad.



"What is it this time?" he murmured more to himself and the young woman shifted on her seat.

"Sir, I can tell her you are busy if you want."



He shook his head and placed a thick pack of papers in front of her.



"Make sure to have these faxed by the end of the day," he instructed and walked away.



Carefully taking a breath, he plastered a smile on his face and pushed the glass door leading to the lobby open.



"Love, what are you doing here?"



The woman on the couch stood up and run to embrace him, pouting her lips after wrapping her arms around his torso.



"I came all the way to see you and you're asking what am I doing here?" she whined and blinked her eyes at the taller man.

"You're right. I'm sorry Fanny dear."



He kissed the top of her head and pushed her back softly.



"What brings you here?" he asked and refrained from looking at his wrist watch.

"Oh! Oh! You're gonna be excited!" the woman said and hurried back to the couch where a big paper bag was laying.

"Look!" she pipped as she fished some things from inside, holding them high for him to see.

"It's our wedding invitations!"

"Ohhh, that's great," the man tried sounding happy.

"It is, isn't it?"



She didn't notice her fiancee's tone and she run to him, hooking an arm around his neck.



"Aren't they beautiful? Oh, Hyukjae, I think I'll start crying from now."



The woman sniffed to mark her words and took the man's hand, placing the envelope in his open palm.



"You look at that and we'll discuss later what you think."



She tip-toed to kiss his cheek and grabbed the bag.



"Tiffany dear..."

"Don't forget we have dinner with mother and mother at 20:30. Don't be late!"



Blowing him a kiss, she was gone, only her thick perfume lingering on the air, a reminder of her presence. He exhaled and closed his eyes, slowly counting to ten. Going back to his office, he tossed the paper on his office and grabbed his jacket.



"I'm busy if anyone asks," he instructed his secretary.

"Yes sir."

"And open the windows. I need clean air in here."
 



Fearing he would explode if he'd stay even one more minute in that building, Hyukjae drove to the closest bar. His fingers were tapping nervously on the steering wheel as he was waiting for the traffic lights to mark green.



Will there even be a bar open at this hour?



He glanced at the digital numbers on the indications in front of him. It was still 11:00 in the morning. Grunting with frustration, he abruptly turned around , gaining a lot of honks and a week's worth of insults from the other drivers.

He didn't pay attention. What he wanted was a drink. He fumbled underneath his seat with one hand as he kept the car stable with the other, looking for that small bottle of whiskey he always had hidden for emergencies.



"!" he cursed, his fingers touching nothing more than thin air and the car's rough carpet.

"Damn you Jungsoo.." he muttered, remembering how his co-worker and one of his best friends had dried the thing just the other day and forgot to return it to him.

Refilled.



Another deep breath and he drove to the only place he knew would surely have plen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter