Chapter 2 - Visiting Her

Crazy, Only You

 Now is nearly dusk and I arrive home late because I went to a river near the town just now. My Mummy is waiting for me in the lounge, “Hong Ki my son, where are you going? You’re too late,” “Sorry, Mummy. I went to my favourite river,” I answer it and go upstairs to take a bath. Without wasting any time, I surf the internet searching about UOS. I want take the address of the university. Tomorrow I’ll go there to meet her. I jot down the address that I found in the site:

University of Seoul (UOS)

90 Jeonnong-dong, Dongdaemun-gu

Seoul

130 – 743 Seoul.

I shut down my computer and I’m satisfied to what that I got. I went downstairs to take a dinner and I find nothing on the table, “Mummy!!! Where is the food? I’m hungry now,” “Hong Ki please be patient, I’m cooking right now,” I put my head on the table and take a nap. “Huh! Hong Ki, wake up dear! Don’t sleep here,” she shakes my body. I wake and take my dinner and then walk upstairs, bump my body on the bed. I sleep like a log this night.

I wake up easily today even it is early in the morning, get ready to drive a quite far distance from my house. “Yay!!! I’ll meet her today,” my heart whispers. On 7.30 am, I go down for having breakfast and then I take the car key inside my jeans pocket and walk toward the door. “Hong Ki! Where are you going?” my mother pull my hand back to stop me. “Somewhere,” I smile. “You want leave me alone at home today?” She asks me. “No. Daddy is about home soon right,” “Yes, he is coming now!” She shows her index finger to the car that come and park in the porch. “Okay Mummy Daddy is home now. I go first,”

I drive alone leading to UOS, smile alone like a crazy person but yes I’m crazy, crazy to her. Now, I’m in front of University of Seoul. I stand under a big shady tree, waiting for her out from her class. I wait her from 11 a.m. and it is 3.00 p.m. Without take a lunch, I’m still waiting for her. And now I see one of her friends and without thinking any further, I call her, “Eh you, can I speak with you now for a moment?” “Oh Mr. Lee Hong Ki, what are you doing here?” She asks. “Mmm… actually I want to meet Eun Jo. Is she with you?” “No! She is absent today. As I know she had a fever,” “Oh! Thank you for the information. One more thing, can you give me her phone number or her address?” She smiles without stop likes she knows what in my heart now, “Sure, I can give both. Phone number and her address,” “I’m glad you say like that. Thank you once again,” I take a piece of paper contains the details that I want.

            I go home happily since I’ve got her details. “Mummy!!!” I hug my lovely mother. “What wrong with you?” She asks. “Nothing,” I leave her alone and I meet with my father while I’m on my way to the bedroom and he wants go down. “What wrong with our son today, Jin Mi?” he asks. “I don’t know,” I see she shakes her head. Never mind, forget it. After cleaning myself, I take my phone and dial her number. She doesn’t answer it. Maybe she is asleep now, she is not well. I try for one more time but she doesn’t answer it too. Like usually, I go to sleep.

I open the window in my room looking at the sunrise behind the hill. The sunshine dazzles my eyes. I don’t forget today is the day that I waited. “I’ll find you today!” I’ve prepared early in the morning, I’m really really excited to meet her. “Tok! Tok! Hong Ki..” My father calls me up. “I’m coming!” I open the door. “You wake early today and where will you go? Look too smart today,” My father asks abruptly. I don’t answer it and leave it with a laugh. “Let’s have our breakfast!” As usually my mother will call us like that since I’m a child.

My father goes to the office and now I’m alone with my mother. “Mummy, what should I bring to visit sick people?” “Who sick? Usually we bring some fruit for them,” she answers in shock. “Oh my friend is sick. Can I go now to visit her?” ask me for permission. “Yes, go now. Send a regard to him,” “It is not him, she is her. Ahh, never mind!” The three words keep playing in my mind. I drive and stop at a supermarket to buy some fruits. I take the fruits that load in a bucket and hurriedly pay it at the counter.

I continue my drive and I arrive in front of a standard big house. I’m sure this is her house and the address given is true. I go nearer to the door and push the bell switch. Her house is not fence and the surrounding is very nice and the air here is so fresh. Many green trees here they make out much oxygen for people around there. Someone open the door, she is Eun Jo. Her face looks pale. “Em… Hong Ki? What are you doing here? You want meet who?” She asks. She continues again, “How you can reach here?” “I’m here to see you and I got your address and also your phone number from your friend,” I explain plainly.

I give her the bucket of fruits. “Thank you,” she thanks me. I just nod and smile. “Are you well now? Last night, I did call you but you didn’t answer to it,” I ask, concern. “Oh, I feel better than yesterday. Oh the one who called me last night is you. Sorry for not answering because I usually not answer the unknown number,” she looks worried. “Hey! Don’t worry too much, I’m not going to punish you,”

“Oh, let’s come in I’ll introduce you to my family,” “Arghh, I’m shy,” I get blushed like a girl. She takes the fruits to the kitchen. I still stand looking at her house, very clean and tidy. She then takes me to the veranda outside her house. I see all the family members, I think. She starts introducing me with her father, “Appa, he is Lee Hong Ki the son of the ‘Sunshine’ biggest funder,” “Your family is very kind,” He says. I just smile and bow. “Let’s go there, I want introduce you to my mother and my two little brothers,” Eun Jo says. “Okay! I really want to know your mother,” I say and just tailing her.

“Annyeong, Mrs. Choi! Nice to meet you,” I greet her. “Oh nice to meet you too,” She smiles. Now, I know why Eun Jo is very pretty. Her mother is pretty too. “You’re Eun Jo friend?” She asks. “Yes, I come here to visit her,” I bow. “Okay, okay. The two boys there are my dongsaeng, Choi Min Ho and Choi Min Hwan. “Wah, they both are too cute like their noona,” I slip my tongue. “What?” She asks me. “Nothing! Who is the brother? Min Ho or Min Hwan?” I cover up my mistake. “Min Ho is older than Min Hwan. He is 15 and Min Hwan is just 11,” She explains. “Oh,” I just nod as sign of understand. “Min Hwan is very clingy to me beside my mother,”

I go to the both boys. “Hi, Min Ho, Min Hwan!” I greet the young boys. “Hi! Who are you? What is your name? Mr… what?” asks Min Ho. “Oh, sorry! I forgot to introduce my name. My name is Lee Hong Ki. Just call me hyung or Hong Ki hyung. I don’t mind it,” “Hi, Hong Ki hyung!” Min Hwan throws a ball towards me and I take it, throw back to him. He looks very happy. Min Ho stares me and out of the blue he asks, “Are you noona’s boyfriend?” I just smile. Boyfriend? I want to but we just know each other, I’m not that greedy and Eun Jo comes, “What are you all talking about?” “Nothing noona! I like Hong Ki hyung. He plays ball with me just now,” Min Hwan claims.

“Hong Ki let’s go to my garden there,” she shows me a small garden at the corner of her house area. The garden is quite small but the suitable arrangement makes it looks wide and very orderly. I like it the most, there is a small fish pond too. I sit with her on the bench under the shady tree. “Eun Jo, I like your garden,” I say. “Thank you but it is very small. My father is only a worker in government department, so my house is not big as yours,” She says. “Don’t say like that. Just think we’re same and don’t think about family status,” I smile again. “I think I’ve to go now,” I say. “Have your lunch here first,” Eun Jo’s mother says. “Sorry if I troubling you all,” I say in guilty.

It is not good if I go without lunch here but I shy. “What are you thinking about, Hong Ki?” Her father asks. “Let’s go for lunch!” He drags me to the dining room and asks me to sit down. I just follow what he asks. I sit between Min Hwan and Eun Jo. The foods are perfectly delicious and I like it. After lunch, I ask for pardon to go back home, “Uncle, Aunty! I’ve to go back first. Thank you for everything today,” I bow and wave my hand to them. “Hyung! Come here again. Glad to meet you,” Min Hwan waves his hand.

I smile without stop until I reach home. “Hi! Mummy, Daddy,” I’m very happy and I get into my room. I know my parents will absolutely weird looking at me but never mind. My mother enters my room, “Why you look so happy today? We’re weird looking at you,” “Nothing Mummy,” I shake my head.

Tonight I’ll not call her just because I’ve met her last morning.