Old Fated Bond: Chapter 6

Fated Bond Reduxes

 

(Chapters 1-5 of Old Fated Bond are identical to chapters 1-5 of Fated Bond, so read that first if you haven't read it yet.)

Also, a lot of this will sound really familiar, because I adapted a lot of this. 


 

                “Dinner was great,” Tao said, smiling at Kris as he helped him put away the dishes. “Thanks for inviting me.”

                “It was really good to have you,” Kris replied, reaching over Tao to put away a plate in his cabinet. Tao’s breath hitched, and he whipped around to look at Kris, who was suddenly staring back at him.

                “Kris…” Tao said quietly, and Kris’s eyes roamed Tao’s face.

                “Your hair is a little messy,” Kris said, pushing a strand of hair out of Tao’s face slowly. Tao closed his eyes, savoring Kris’s touches, his heated skin on Tao’s forehead. Tao unconsciously reached out, and his hand met Kris’s hipbone as Kris moved towards him. “I thought it would be easy to get over you, even if I saw you again after all these years. I was wrong.”

               Tao opened his eyes, pressing himself against Kris’s chest. This was where he was meant to be. His throat clenched, and he couldn’t say anything, but Kris seemed to understand as he threaded his fingers in Tao’s hair.

                “You’re as gorgeous as you were back then,” Kris breathed, ghosting his lips over Tao’s before pressing into them tenderly.

                All thoughts of anything else disappeared as Tao opened his lips for Kris, reciprocating as he’d always felt like doing. He hooked his arm around Kris’s neck, holding him close, kissing him passionately. He pulled away from Kris, staring into his eyes.

                “I’ve been waiting six years for that,” Kris said, and Tao laughed, kissing Kris again. He pushed harder against Kris’s mouth, because he wanted more. And before he knew it, he was in Kris’s arms, hoisted up off the floor, their lips still connected. They kissed each other more hungrily, faster and faster.

                “Tao,” Kris all but moaned, and he looked in Tao’s eyes, his gaze questioning. Tao just kissed him in response, and Kris carried him to his bedroom. Tao was dropped onto the dark brown sheets, and Kris climbed on top of him, kissing him again, as if they had to make up for six years’ worth of missed kisses.

                Tao reached for Kris’s shirt, his mind hazy with lust as his fingers made their way up Kris’s well defined abs. Kris pulled Tao’s shirt off above his head, kissing down his neck and chest until his lips locked around a . He teased the other with his thumb as he harshly, and Tao could feel his pants becoming more and more restrictive as he arched up into Kris’s touches.

                “Kris,” Tao moaned, weaving his fingers into Kris’s hair as Kris made his way down Tao’s body, finally reaching the waistband of his pants.

                He ed the button and ped Tao’s jeans before pulling them off of Tao’s muscular legs.

                Tao felt exposed, and suddenly, he felt like something was wrong. Kris the waistband of Tao’s underwear, and reality came rushing back to Tao.

                “Wait, wait,” Tao said, and Kris looked up with worry.

                “Sorry, is this too fast?” Kris asked, and Tao shook his head, tears pricking at his eyes. Kris sat up, handing Tao a blanket and sitting next to him, rubbing his back soothingly. “What’s wrong? I thought you were fine with this.”

                “I can’t,” Tao said, tears falling. “I can’t.”

                “It’s okay,” Kris replied. “If I’m going too fast, just tell me.”

                “It’s not that,” Tao replied, tears intensifying, because he didn’t want to have to admit what he was about to say.

                “What is it?” Kris asked, wiping tears off of Tao’s face. Tao took a deep breath, and it caught in his throat, causing him to let out a bigger sob.

                “I have a boyfriend,” he mumbled. Kris’s thumb paused on Tao’s face for a split second before Kris withdrew his hand.

                “What?” he asked in an eerily quiet voice.

                “I have a boyfriend,” Tao repeated, his head hanging low, tears still falling from his eyes.

                “For how long?” Kris asked, and Tao was frightened by how controlled his voice sounded.

                “S-six months,” Tao whispered, and Kris stood up.

                “I thought you’d changed!” Kris cried. “You kept insisting that you were different. These past few weeks, you kept telling me you ‘wouldn’t be swept away by the river’ anymore. And yet here we are; you’re cheating on your boyfriend with me! So I’m Mianzhi now? I’m stealing you away from your boyfriend just like he stole you away from me? As soon as I saw you in that office, I was willing to forget the fact that you cheated on me, Tao, since I’d sort of done it once and you were young. But it’s been six ing years and the same thing happens! I can’t do this, Tao. I can’t lose you again. It’s not fair to him and it’s not fair to me.”

                “No, Kris,” Tao sobbed, “I…please, just one more chance. I’ll do anything, please!”

                “How can I trust you?” Kris demanded, and it was less of a question and more of an accusation. Even through his blurry eyes, Tao could tell that Kris had started crying too. “I can’t trust you, Tao. I can’t.” He picked up Tao’s clothes and threw them onto the bed. “Get dressed and go.”

                “Kris, please,” Tao begged, but Kris had turned his back on Tao, shutting the door to let Tao dress himself in solitude.

                Tao dressed himself and opened the door slowly, his eyes still heavy with tears. Kris was nowhere to be seen, and his apartment was much smaller than Tao’s.

                He left the apartment and sobbed all the way back, because he knew he’d just ruined his very last chance with Kris.

-

                Kris didn’t show up for his appointment that week, and Dr. An noticed Tao moping around the office.

                “What’s wrong, Dr. Huang?” she asked, and Tao sighed moodily.

                “A lot of things,” he replied.

                “Did dinner with Kris not go well?” she asked, and Tao shook his head. “What happened?”

                “Basically we almost ed and then I remembered I had a boyfriend and he flipped out and now he’s not here for his appointment,” Tao said, and Dr. An’s eyes were wide. She opened , but Tao cut her off. “And don’t tell me that’s low even for me, because trust me, I already hate myself enough for it.”

                “I can’t say I’m not surprised, but alright,” she said. “How many more weeks of treatment is Mr. Wu supposed to have?”

                “Six or seven,” Tao replied sullenly. Dr. An thought for a moment before pointing at Tao.

                “Tell you what. I’ll take his appointments, and in exchange, you can take Miss Pan’s appointment. She tore her ACL playing soccer. I’ll take her back when Mr. Wu’s treatment is finished. How does that sound?”

                “Okay—”

                “But you have to call Mr. Wu and tell him this, okay?” she said, and Tao frowned.

                “Dr. An,” he whined, and she glared at him.

                “Dr. Huang, you are a grown man. Act like one and tell Kris Wu that he needs to come to his appointments. This isn’t between you two as old friends or old lovers or almost lovers. This is between you as patient and doctor. Go call him.”

                She booted him out of her office and he made his way to his own. He picked up the phone and dialed Kris’s number, which he realized he’d memorized. He waited as it rang, three, four, five times before going to voicemail. Tao sighed.

                “Kris, I know you don’t want to see me or hear me, but you need to come to your appointments. You’ve been reassigned with Dr. An so please, for the sake of your arm, call the office and schedule an appointment. And…I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Goodbye.”

                He sat there for a few more minutes, staring at nothing in particular, before his cell phone buzzed. He picked it up frantically, hoping that somehow it would be Kris.

                “Hello?” he asked excitedly.

                “Dr. Huang?” came Kahi’s voice. “Where are you?”

                “In my office,” he replied, collecting himself. “Why?”

                “I didn’t even know you came in this morning,” she said. “Okay. You have an appointment with Miss Song in fifteen minutes. Dr. An said you might not be ready. Should I assign her to a nurse instead?”

                “I…I’ll be ready,” Tao said. “I can’t let my personal life get in the way of my job,” he said, more to himself than to her.

                “Okay, Dr. Huang,” she said, sounding slightly concerned. “Fifteen minutes in room 213.”

                “Got it,” he said, putting down his phone. What would he tell Lay?

                Fifteen minutes later exactly, he dragged himself into room 213, where Lay was waiting with Victoria, as usual, looking bright and happy.

                Both of their smiles faltered a little but when they saw Tao’s expression.

                “I know we always used to joke about your dark circles,” Lay said, “but they look even darker today.”

                “I’m just tired. Haven’t been sleeping well,” Tao replied. He sat down, opening Victoria’s file, but Lay hadn’t finished with his conversation.

                “You’ve never been a very good liar,” he remarked. “But I won’t press. Anyway, here’s your invitation to our wedding. It’s on December twenty-first. And we’d really like you to meet my best man.”

                “Yes, Tao, we’re having a little get-together with the wedding party in Macau on the twentieth. Do you think you’ll be able to make it? Luhan is going to be there, too, and he’d love to see you,” Victoria said. “It’ll be fun.”

                “Okay, fine, just tell me when to be there and where to be, and I’ll come. Thanks for inviting me,” Tao said, trying to sound as gracious as possible.

                But it was so hard when he was so depressed. 

 


 

A/N: Yeah. Ask any questions you have hahaha because I know this might be a little confusing.