Final

Lost Valentine.

Lost Valentine

Chapter 7

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The car pulled to a stop, Kyu exited and rushed to the passenger seat to help Mr. Kim out of the car. Jung Min and Hyung Jun came to their sides after grabbing Hyung Jun equipment.

“So this is where the man is?” Mr. Kim asked.

“De uncle this is where the man told us to meet him.” They headed into the Military veteran building. Going up the receptionist, they found that the man was already waiting for them, in the visitor area. Once they entered, they spotted a man sitting at a table. The nurse said that he was the man they were looking for. Going up to him, they bowed as he stood, offering his hand to Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim accepted his hand, shaking it in return. Hyung Jun quickly set up, the rest sitting around Mr. Kim in support. Jung Min gestured for them to start when they were ready. The man sighed, before sitting up straight and looked up at Mr. Kim.

“My name is Daniel Martin. I was stationed in the same platoon as your spouse; Mr. Kim Hyun Joong, and if I may I would like to say, how much of an honor it was to have had the opportunity to know your Hyun Joong.  I was the only one to know of your relationship with him. I found out when, he found out about me. He of course never judged me; we in turn became very good friends.” Daniel Martin sighed, everybody tensed slightly readying themselves, for what every the man was going to say.

“Well… After some time, I had noticed that some of the men were acting a bit different towards Hyun Joong. However, I paid no mind to it. I thought it was because of the upcoming mission that we had to do. And seeing that he was Asian I thought they were just being jerks to him. I never knew what they were actually doing, would be so inhuman. On the day of the mission, we went out in teams; he and I usually were put in the same team. But not that again I didn’t think anything of it; he told me that he was okay with so we separated.” Mr. Martin took a deep breath, stealing himself as he continued.

“Well we completed the mission, and I waited for him to return, but he didn’t. That was when I saw his team coming back. Hyun Joong was not with them. I couldn’t help this feelings, I knew they did something to him. It was only after the return home that I finally got the truth. I had went drinking with one of the men, and in there drunken state they told me what happened. From what I was told, the team that had Hyun Joong was the ones that hated him. They had found out about him being gay, and they didn’t think that they liked having a homoual in there squad. So they made it known to the drill sergeant that they had a queer in the group and it was then planned to get rid of him.” Mr. Kim shook eyed full of tears. Mr. Martin asked if he wanted to know the rest; once Mr. Kim said yes he continued.

“Well the plan was to get Hyun Joong with that team, and when they went on the mission; he was not supposed to return… When they got him alone, they confronted him and when he openly admitted that he was involved with a man that was the last straw… They… They ganged up on him, holding him down as they one after another took turns on him. Beating him and hitting him, after which they shot him. One of the guys who did not participate in this, but did nothing to stop them buried him there before he too followed the team back. After hearing this I tried to get the military involved, but so many people went missing in action they just pinned it on that. I continued to write letters, but I never heard from them.” Mr. Martin finished his story, the men were in shock; Mr. Kim and Yubin were in tears. How could something so horrible happen to someone like Hyun Joong.

After the meet with Mr. Martin, they took Mr. Kim Home and Hyung Jun and Jung Min went to their boss, wanting to quickly broadcast this story.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Two weeks later XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When the story aired, gay right activist had a field day, people demanding justice, demanding that the body if Hyun Joong be brought back. Pickets and sit-ins were used daily. All to try and bring peace this this man. To bring him home. No charged could be filled, the men that commit the crime, were already gone; seeing as it happened so long ago.

Finally after two weeks the government came forward with the news. They had found remains of Officer Kim Hyun Joong. They were now bring him home, along with awarding him a metal of honor, for his bravery and commitment to the military, dissipate the fear of being found out.

All were gathered, Hyung Jun and Jung Min, there cameras rolling as Kyu Jong and Yubin entered on either side Mr. Kim, hoping to him support.  The color guard posted the colors. And there it was a casket draped in the American flag. They halted and allowed Mr. Kim to come forward.

With forced steps, Mr. Kim stepped to the casket, tears in his eyes. Slowly he raised hands, gently grazing the flag. All was quiet as they watch Mr. Kim, lean forward kissing where the head of Hyun Joong should be. Gazing upwards, he couldn’t keep the tears from falling. He once again leaned on the casket, holding it him, as much as possible. For that moment, time stood still, as they watched Mr. Kim cry over the casket. Kyu Jong and Yubin stepped forward again, slowly moving Mr. Kim away so the soldiers can continue. Kyu Jong looked at the old man, only to see him smile.

“Mr. Kim are you okay?” Mr. Kim looked at him smiling. He looked at Yubin, and he smiled again.

“I told you Yubin ah… I told you he will come home.” Yubin smiled nodding.

After the funeral, they all spend time with Mr. Kim, hearing more stories of him and Hyun Joong uncle. It was night time, and Mr. Kim got ready for bed. Looking at Hyun Joong’s picture, his eyes closed taking him to dream land.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Dream XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Young Saeng was running, heading to the ice cream parlor; he was going to be late, once he entered he went to his normal spot, waiting for Hyun Joong to come. The normal sundae was placed before him. He smiled taking off the cherry, he grabbed his spoon, gently taking off the whipped cream. While he was busy with his task, he heard a chuckle, a very familiar chuckle.

“You never did like whipped cream.” Young Saeng looked up smiling, meeting Hyun Joong’s gaze.

“You’re late.” Young Saeng said scowling; Hyun Joong smiled as he nodded.

“De Mianhae.” Hyun Joong smiled, reaching his hand over he grabbed Young Saeng’s hand. Young Saeng looked at him in question.

“Stay with me?” Young Saeng smiled, before nodding his head. Hyun Joong smiled.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Dream Ends XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That night Mr. Kim died. The law was no longer in jeopardy, it will and forever be there. Young Saeng and Hyun Joong’s story made sure of that.

Kyu Jong took a seat on the bench, where Mr. Kim now laid with Hyun Joong finally at peace.

“Uncle guess what… me and Yubin had a twin boys, we are naming it Hyun Joong and young Saeng after you too. Do you like it? Hyung Jung and Jung Min’s relationship is still going strong, and they are now in the process of adopting. We hope they will get a girl, so that our Hyun Joong or Young Saeng can be with her. I would like to thank you Mr. Kim If it wasn’t for you and your love for Hyun Joong I would never be as happy as I am now. So thank you, and to wherever you are, I hope you are with Hyun Joong, still bickering and in love.”

“Kyu Jong ah come on we are going to be late.” Yubin called, Kyu smiled at her. Taking one last look he bowed in respect then went to this family, his love.

The End.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

This is dedicated to all of the lost love, that hatred and bigotry created. I hope that one day, love like this will be known everywhere, and be accepted as love not a crime or a sin.

To all of you who have a love that is not really accepted, please don’t give up, keep hold of it. Someday it will be accepted, and if not well you always have each other and that is what matters.

Happy Valentine’s Day