Story part three (Hyun Joong)

Lost Valentine.

Lost Valentine

Chapter 5

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kyu sighed today was the day that Mr. Kim is going to tell the rest of the story, about his love with the original Mr. Kim. They reached the house and was immediately met my Mr. Kim who was on his way to the garden.

“Ah Mr. Kim how are you doing today?” Said Hyung Jun smiling. As he grabbed his camera from the trunk of the car.

“Oh just fine I’m heading to the pond if you’d like to come along.” They men followed him, the seats where being set up again by Yubin. Seeing this Kyu ran to go help her.

“Ah Yubin ah let me help you.”

“Ah thank you.” She said smiling back at him. Once the chair and everybody was set up, Jung min gestured for Mr. Kim to start.

“Ah let’s see… well our relationship went from the time I said yes. So, of course I stayed with him, we hide our relationship from our parents. Well I will spare you the story of them finding out; it was not a pretty memory, but I will give the jest of it.” The guys nodded in understanding.

“Well when they found out, they confronted us and I wanted to deny it, in hoped that maybe we can keep our family and our relationship just a little bit longer. However, Hyun Joong had other plans; he told them the truth, that we were in a relationship and that he loved me. I would have loved for him to stop there; I mean I was happy that he told them he loved me, but our parents were already having an aneurism.” Mr. Kim Laughed; but his face became sullen soon after.

“Well to keep this short, they did not like the love that we had, so they did what we knew what was going to happen. They disowned us, like they did his older brother. We became the sons who disappointed our parents... out casted…” The guys frowned.

“While I was ready to beg my family to reconsider, again Hyun Joong had other plans; he just grabs my head pulling me to him, and then calmly tells my parents ‘that’s okay, I have all I want anyway.’ I was so shocked when he said this, but inside I wanted to scream for joy.” Mr. Kim said smiling widely. Hyung Jun glanced at Jung Min, who smiled before giving a wink. Hyung Jun blushed, turning his head back to Mr. Kim. Kyu Jong smiled as he saw how the two were, Jung Min has been after Hyung Jun since college, but Hyung Jun refused to give in, seeing that Jung Min was known for getting with people for .

“Ah I see that look.” Mr. Kim said smiling at the boys. Hyung Jun waved a no at him, while he blushed and refused to look at Jung min, who was smiling at him.  Mr. Kim laughed at the embarrassed youth, remembering his relationship with his own love.

“Ah sarang… It is what keep us together of course, it is what kept me going when he left… it got me into this house…”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Flashback XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Young Saeng ah palli come on.” Hyun Joong said smiling at his love. The two parked their bikes in front of a rundown house.

“Yah! What is this?  It is ugly.” Young Saeng said pouting. Hyun Joong smiled at the man, grabbing his hand he pulled him along. Showing him the house, he started with the back yard, weeds and junk was covering the lawn.

“Aishhh! This is horrible what can be done with this?” Young Saeng again said to Hyun Joong express his dislike for the place. Hyun Joong stepped behind him, covering Young Saeng’s eyes with his hands.

“Okay I know you see as junk, but I want to picture the backyard in your mind. Now, picture a pond in the corner, with a small waterfall. All of the weeds and junk out of here, and clear patio complete with furniture.” Before young Saeng could say anything, Hyun Joong grabbed him, pulling him to the front porch.

“It can be a yellow paint color, and with a swing for the side there.” Hyun Joong gestured to all the places he was talking about. Young Saeng smiled at him, wondering why he was going through all of this.

“Yah Hyun Joong! Why are you telling me this?” Hyun Joong grabbed Young Saeng’s hands, holding them in-between his own; for a moment, then moving them to his shoulders.

“Young Saeng ah… Stay with me?” Young Saeng gasped slightly, before smiling and giving a nod. Hyun Joong smiled back at him.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Flashback end XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Oh his was always like that, always so forward but I didn’t mind it…” Mr. Kim stopped when he saw the looks of the men. All were leaning forward, with big smiles on their face.

“Well I didn’t know that my story was that interesting.” Mr. Kim joked, the men smiled and blushed.

“Ah de it is very interesting. Please continue.” Kyu Jong said smiling.

“Well okay then let me continue. The house was a mess, but we made it our own, the house was painted yellow and the backyard got the pond… this is that very pond… he made it just for me, I remember digging it. He was full of dirt every night.” Mr. Kim laughed at the memory.

“Oh my goodness, I hated having to wash his clothes, we didn’t have a washer so I had to wash them by hand it was awful. But it was worth it all the way. Our house was home, it was just the two of us well until someone came in, your mother.” Mr. Kim said smiling at yubin. She smiled back at him.

“Well you see Hyun Joong’s brother was disowned, because he had an illegitimate child, which was your mother. However, he died in a construction accident and his family would not take her in. So, when Hyun Joong found out, he took her in I guess it was a good thing that he did. I mean when Hyun Joong got his letter to join the war, she was the reason I got to stay…”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Flashback (PT2) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Yah Young Saeng ah can you open the door, please?” Hyun Joong said as he cradled Soo Min. Young Saeng nodded, setting down the laundry he was folding.  Opening the door, the mailman gave him a letter.

“Thank you.”  Young Saeng smiled at him.  Closing the door he made his way to Hyun Joong.

“What is it?” Young Saeng shrugged.

“Well open it…” Hyun Joong scoffed playful, causing Young Saeng to scowl. But he opened it anyway. His heart dropped. Hyun Joong, who was sitting down with the baby, looked up when Young Saeng was not speaking.

“What’s wrong?” Hyun Joong asked. Young Saeng looked at him, a tear falling down.

“Yah Young Saeng ah what is wrong? Why are you crying?” 

“You… you have been… drafted I…” Young Saeng couldn’t continue. Hyun Joong set the girl down, who was now playing with her blocks. Now, reading the letter, Young Saeng sat down, feeling weak in the knees, ugly visions coming into his mind.

“You can’t go…” Hyun Joong looked at his love.

“What do you mean I can’t go?”  Young Saeng looked at him, eyes full of unshed tears.

“You can’t go… No what will they do to you? What if they find out? I heard stories of how the other soldiers, found out about another, being gay and what they would do them. No! I can’t let you go.” Hyun Joong shook his head.

“Young Saeng ah I have no choice, this is not an option.”

“Then we will go to Korea! I mean we are Korean, so it is not like they will tell us no.” Young Saeng yelled.

“What do you mean go to Korea? You do know they have mandatory military there right? We will both go, and then who will be left to take care of Soo Min? Do you want to see her in an orphanage?” Hyun Joong said trying to reason with his distraught lover. Young Saeng started to cry, Hyun Joong wrapped his arms around his love, trying his best to give him comfort.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Flashback (PT2) end XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“He left that weekend, to fulfill his duties. I was unable to go, in fear that others would find out about us. When he left he promised me, that when he returned; which would be on Valentine’s Day, to meet him at the ice cream parlor, were the only place that accepted our relationship was allowed. So ever since then I have been waiting for my beloved Hyun Joong to return.” Mr. Kim finished. He looked up from the pond, only to see the men’s eyes and his nieces full of tears; it made him chuckle, but he continued.

“I waited for anything that would tell me where he was, how he was doing. That become my life, I would receive letters, from him telling me of his time on base.” Mr. Kim leaned how grabbing the box that was there. He pulled out this worn letter, gently opening it. He read…

“‘My dearest love’

How have you been? Here is so dull without you.

Everywhere I look there are men, you would think that wouldn’t bother me, but it does.

None of them are as beautiful as you. With your dark hair, and pretty pink lips, sparkling eyes,

and I can’t forget your curvaceous hips.

*laughing at how mad you are right now*

I’m sorry love I know how much you hate your hips, but I do mess them.’”

“Um let me skip that part…” Mr. Kim said with a blush, the men and his niece chuckled.

“’How is our baby doing? Are you both eating alright?

I hope that you are, and that you miss me completely *laughing*.

I Hope to see you on our day, at our place.

I got the letter that you sent me and I keep it with me always.

I laughed when it was in the shape of an ice cream cone.

Well I have got to go now. I love you and please be well.

Love

You’re beloved Hyun Joong.’”

“Well the letter was longer, but may be a little too much information… That part is mine.” Mr. Kim said smiling deviously.

The guys smiled wider, loving the insight on their love.

“Well of course good things do not last, not in a war. Not when the dreaded post man came to the block. Person after person, got that yellow letter, I prayed that it wouldn’t come to me. But I guess fate had something else planned…

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Flashback PT3 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Young Saeng stood on the porch watching Soo Min play with her toys. He smiled at her, when something caught his eye, the ups man was coming down the street. His heart started to race, it was unusual something was different that time. He continued to watch him, until he stops in front the gate. His breathing picked up.

“Soo min come here.” Young Saeng calls the girl to him. He watches at the man walks up the walkway to the porch in front of him.

“Is this the home if Mr. Kim Hyun Joong?” Young Saeng nodded. The man nodded.

“Are you mister Heo Young Saeng, Mr. Kim put him down as his only contact.” Again Young Saeng nodded; then handed him the letter. Young Saeng reached out to take it, Hands shaking, and tears threatening to fall down.

“I’m sorry.” The man said, before going back to his bike. Young Saeng went into the house, sliding down the door. He gasped in sobs, as he shakily opened the letter.

‘ Dear Family of officer Kim Hyun Joong,

I regret to inform you that Officer Kim Hyun Joong of the United States Army,

is missing in action as of the first of October,

it was a ground operation and he was not accounted for on return to base…’

“Missing in action… he is just missing, he is not dead he is just missing. No! he is just missing soo min ah uncle will be coming home I know he will…” Young Saeng sobbed, pulling the girl to him. Holding her as they both cried.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Flashback (PT3) ended XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“That was the worst day of my life, getting that letter, but from then on the real waiting started. I waited and I am still waiting.  I will always wait.” Mr. Kim ended on that note. Kyu Jong sniffed wiping the tears from his eyes. Hyung Jun stopped the camera, and Jung Min cleared his throat.

 “Well thank you Mr. Kim for the wonderful story, and I hope you see the broadcast when it comes out.”

Mr. Kim nodded; shaking his hand, along with Kyu’s and Hyung Jun.

“Thank you boys for allowing me to share my story with you. I look forward to the broadcast. I will make sure to watch it.” The men smiled as they took their leave.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

AAAHHHH!!! I am so sorry this is so late. Darn it! But don’t worry the sixth chapter will come out this afternoon and then the last chapter tomorrow. Okay then I hope You like this I worked hard on it. Please leave me a comment and tell me how I did. XD

Till next time bye now.