003: Friendship

Precious

A friend is someone who cares about you and someone who enjoy spending a lot of time with you.

As Yixing expected; Luhan followed him all day at school. They didn’t have classes together but when they had breaks Luhan always managed to find Yixing, well it’s not like Yixing was trying to hide from Luhan. Luhan was also an expert in finding the table Yixing sat at during the lunch breaks. They didn’t have much of a conversation, Luhan was just following Yixing around and asked Yixing stuff about pretty much everything and Yixing would always reply with short answers.

Since Yixing is an anti-social person he felt uncomfortable with the attention Luhan gave him, but he found it cute that Luhan trusted him enough to follow him all days long.

As the days passed Yixing noticed that Luhan was a happy and social person so it amazed him that he didn’t try to make any friends, other than Yixing.

Yixing also noticed that Luhan was hard to wake up in the mornings, he often didn’t hear the alarm and when Yixing were making noises in the kitchen. Luhan also disliked having other people in the bed. Yixing tried to wake Luhan up once so he sat down on his bed but within thirty seconds Yixing was lying on the floor. Well, Luhan woke up at least.

Since then Yixing tried to not wake Luhan up again. He just let the boy sleep. He would finally wake up, Yixing learned.

Yixing paid a lot attention to the fact that Luhan always wore long sleeves, he never used a t-shirt and he even was sleeping in with a hoodie. Yixing guessed that he must be the kind of person that were sensitive to coldness.

It also fascinated Yixing how smart Luhan seemed to be. Luhan was always studying and reading on his spare time and on the evenings when Yixing and Luhan watched a movie, some drama or another show on the TV, Yixing seemed to have problems to focus on what has happening on the TV-screen. His eyes somehow were always being dragged towards Luhan, who was sitting in the other end of the couch and playing with his rubrix cube.

Luhan was really good at solving the cube. He could solve the whole cube in less than a minute. Yixing remember that he tried to solve the cube once when he was younger, but he managed to solve one side of the cube in more than one year so he gave up.

♥♥♥

“You don’t like me” Luhan suddenly said when he and Yixing were brushing their teeth on the evening two weeks after the day when Luhan had moved in with Yixing.

Yixing spitted out water mixed with toothpaste which he had in his mouth into the sink.

“It’s not like that” Yixing said and dried his mouth with a towel.

“Then what is it?” Luhan asked right after he also had spitted out the mix of water and toothpaste into the sink.

Yixing turned around and his eyes met Luhan’s for the first time. Luhan looked deeply into Yixing’s eyes. Luhan’s eyes were really dark and pretty big actually, almost like deer-eyes. Pretty and loveable.

“I have just problems with making friends” Yixing simply and coldly said.

Luhan placed both his hands on Yixing’s shoulders and turned Yixing around so they were facing each other.

It was like Luhan’s touch burned on his skin, Yixing but his lower lip and begged that Luhan never would let go of him

“But I will do my best. I really want to be friends with you, just meet me halfway. Please, trust me” Luhan said, he looked serious and his usual smile was gone.

Trust, can you trust a stranger? Can you let a stranger know everything about you? Why you want to keep a distance from other people?

Yixing couldn’t do anything but nod towards Luhan and whisper to Luhan that he will try better and Luhan let go of Yixing’s shoulders.

But the spots were Luhan’s hands had touched him still felt burning on his skin.

What is this kind of feeling?

♥♥♥

Luhan was already lying in his bed when Yixing entered the small bedroom. Luhan couldn’t see Yixing’s face since he was lying with his head turned towards the wall and his back towards Yixing.

But Luhan could clearly hear how Yixing laid down in the bed on the opposite side of the room.

“Sorry” It was a whisper that came from Yixing’s mouth and Luhan was almost unable to hear it.

“It’s okay” Luhan whispered back, he didn’t know why they whispered since they were the only ones in the room. Luhan noticed how shaky his voice was, even though he tried to keep it strong.

“How… is a friend?” Yixing asked.

Luhan got shocked by Yixing’s question. He didn’t know how a friend was like, poor kid. Luhan thought about his answer for a while.

“A friend is someone you like to be with. Someone you enjoy spending a lot of time with. But a friend should care about you, and you should care about your friend…” Luhan took a deep breath and thought about a proper ending of this.

He knew how he wanted this conversation to end, but he couldn’t put words into it.

A kiss would be inappropriate

Luhan wanted to show the attraction he felt towards Yixing. The attraction he felt when he first saw him. The attraction that just has been growing stronger and stronger the more time he spends with Yixing.

“And I like spending time with you… and I care about you” Luhan said and bit his lower lip hard, not sure if he would say the last words he planned to say.

“And I wish that you will someday enjoy spending time with me as well”


Third chapter is up!

Please comment :D

Love, Shabondama ^^