002: Chocolate

Precious

I’d rather be alone than having people that wants to mind my business.

It’s not that Yixing was against having a roommate; it was just that he felt that roommates were always excepted to turn into best friends.

Yixing didn’t want any friends; he didn’t want to be hurt once more.

But even though the boy was smiling happily towards Yixing he couldn’t do anything else but bow politely and introduce himself:

“Hello, I’m Yixing”

Luhan showed Yixing the brown cake with a big smile on his lips. The cake smelled chocolate and it looked like it just was taken out from the oven.

“I’ve made chocolate cake for you” Luhan said.

Yixing shrugged, he was well aware of the fact that he was being impolite towards Luhan but he really couldn’t care less of it. Luhan was intruding on his personal space.

What if he asked Yixing about personal stuff?

“How old are you?” Yixing suddenly asked; he didn’t know where the question came from.

“I’m turning twenty-two in April this year” Luhan explained. “And you?”

Yixing’s eyes widened. Yixing thought that this baby-faced person was seventeen at most, not one year older than himself.

“I’m twenty-one in October” Yixing said, his voice was distant. As it always was when he was talking to strangers, and his mother.

“You seem distant” Luhan noted.

It wasn’t one hundred percent true, Yixing didn’t know Luhan enough to not know if he liked him or not. He just didn’t want to get to know Luhan, and that’s why he kept a mental distance between himself and Luhan-

“I don’t know you that’s all” Yixing shrugged.

Luhan nodded understanding. “Then you don’t want to have the cake either”

“Keep it to yourself; you will enjoy it more than I do” Yixing’s voice were cold and harsh.

Luhan nodded disappointed, he really wanted to give a first good impression on his fellow roommate but he seemed to have failed.

♥♥♥

A few hours later Yixing felt his stomach purring and he walked to the kitchen when he found Luhan sitting at the kitchen table reading a book.

“Do you want something to eat?” Yixing carefully asked the blonde boy.

Luhan shook his head. “I ate so much chocolate cake…”

Luhan pouted and smiled at Yixing, trying to show him that it was fine. But right after Luhan smiled towards the brown-haired boy, Yixing could hear a light and soft purr coming from the blonde’s stomach.

“And you’re full?” Yixing said suspiciously.

Luhan nodded and pressed his lips together. “Yeah…”

Yixing smirked. “I don’t believe you. I’ll cook something”

 Luhan smiled a bright and happy smile towards Yixing, not like the smile he smiled before. This one was more real for Yixing. And it was real; Luhan felt success in making a new friend on the school.

Yixing finished his cooking in less than thirty minutes, noodles with wooked vegetables and chicken. He placed the food on two plates and handed Luhan one plate and sat down at the table on the opposite side of Luhan.

“Yixing…” Luhan said. Yixing looked at the boy, who was focused on getting the noodles

“Your name sounds… Chinese.” Luhan noted.

Yixing nodded. “Yeah, me and my mother moved to Korea when I was fourteen years old.”

“Just you and your mother?” Luhan asked. “No father?”

Luhan wanted to make sure; he didn’t mean to ask Yixing about personal stuff.

“Yeah, no father. Just a Korean stepfather” Yixing explained.

Luhan didn’t ask for anything more. There was no need; he noticed how uncomfortable Yixing was in this conversation.

♥♥♥

Yixing hasn’t thought about his mother for a long time. But this night he did. How his mother smiled for the first time in three years when she told him that she had met some Korean man over the internet and that she was going to marry him. That they were going to leave China to South Korea. How his stepfather could hit them when something was wrong.

Yixing had learnt that boys don’t cry; that’s what his real father always told him. But during the nights when he heard his stepfather’s fists hit his mother’s body, how he could hear her cry for help.

That was when Yixing cried, when he knew that he couldn’t help his mother from the mean man. That he was too young to protect his mother.

When Yixing looked into Luhan’s eyes he could see the same weakness Yixing had in his eyes.

Yixing knew that he one day will have to protect him.

But he doesn’t know if he will be able to do it.


Second update!

Thanks to my subscrbers for commenting :D

Please continue to comment :D

Love, Shabondama ^^