Ultimatum

Be Aware

 

It has been three days since Daehyun’s talk of final resignation at the infirmary. I wanted to cherish every bit of little time we had during those mornings but aside from everything going smoothly – that there has been only a number of violators, whatever has been going on between us has gone for the worst.

 

Today’s the fourth day, and I dread every time the clock ticks the hours away. Although we look like the usual, I feel like we are slowly drifting apart, back to how we used to be – strangers to each other. Thinking about it again makes my heart heavy. Maybe Himchan was right, maybe I do like Daehyun that way? If that was true, telling Daehyun, would it change everything? I sigh heavily brooding over things I shouldn’t think so much more than I should.

 

“Maybe I should just skip first period,” I mumbled to myself as I walked the last step up the steep stairways. For the first time in my life as a student, I have thought of ditching one class. I think one more day without talking to Daehyun, with Daehyun unreachable despite how close we were physically would probably make me cry again. But then, doing that would mean I’d lose another chance of trying, right?

 

 

 “Dae – hyun?” I heard some woman exclaim. It was a sort of surprised and glad exclamation that it immediately got my attention. And I regret not pushing through with my plan.

“Sunhwa noona!” Daehyun called out, surprised at what he was seeing. Sunhwa’s lips broke into a wide, warm smile and embraced Daehyun without reserve and so did he. Both were so affectionately close and familiar.

 

Maybe I should just skip school all in all.   

 

 

~~~

 

I know, as stupid as I look like right now, I know. Rumor has spread fast – Daehyun either had a hot older girlfriend or he currently has one. So why do I still bother bringing his things back to his house because he casually skipped the few last subjects again? To get my idiot , I mean, heart stabbed again. To have it bleed seeing Daehyun and Sunhwa on the floor. Curiously, Sunhwa had him by the collar, I probably interrupted them on something, I hope not.

 

 

 “Dae –” I heard Sunhwa say but they realize my presence, I probably made a sound or something that gave off my aura. Oh yeah, I dropped his backpack because I was surprise. This is the first time I’ve encountered this situation, and the first time that I’ve finally realized what I’ve been feeling all along. And it’s too late, every rumor has been confirmed, I don’t stand a chance, not with them probably about to make out.

 

“Z-zelo didn’t come to pick up your things like he used to, so I… Goodbye!” I said in a hurry before leaving as fast.

 

 

~~~

 

As Jongup left Sunhwa and Daehyun glared at Zelo who just shrugged nonchalantly and went to his room.

 

“You’re not going after him?” Sunhwa asked, still on top of Daehyun. Daehyun didn’t answer.

“Daehyun, you’ve grown up.” She said warmly as she enveloped him in her embrace.

 “You’ve done well, but this, whatever you’re doing isn’t helping either of you. If you want to protect that boy, this isn’t how to do it. I think you’ve hurt him more than would.” Daehyun groaned at her last sentence.

 

“Noona, it was so sentimental and heartwarming. I think you could’ve done it without the last commentary.” Sunhwa just giggled, and probably feeling proud about it.

 

 

~~~

 

It’s finally the end of their one week ultimatum.

 

Jongup had gotten better, he was able to handle things better that sometimes Daehyun had often thought of praising him or something and he would most probably do so. Because it was the last time, for the first and the last time he’ll be kind, he thought. But what he sees surprised him, so much so that he ran as fast as he could towards the gate.

 

 

 

“Daehyun, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have kissed you then,” Jongup started, cleaning his face off snot.

“Wait, what?” Daehyun asked, breathless and confused. Wasn’t he the one who stole the kiss?

“I’m sorry, all of this happened because of that right? I’m sorry I don’t know why I did that. I’m…” Jongup said suddenly, his voice threatening to break until he burst into sobs again.  

 

 

Wait, what did he say? Did Moon ing Jongup just said he kissed me? Daehyun’s mind screamed. All logical thought was slowly getting shut off from his mind.

 

 

“Please, don’t lock me out.” Jongup said in that soft, quivering voice.

 

 

, forgive me Jongup, I’m going to ing desecrate your innocence not because my body is raging with hormones but because I want you. Because this , Jung erted Daehyun, loves you, Daehyun’s thoughts were running wild, and his basic instincts kicking in. Daehyun reached out for Jongup’s hand and started dragging the boy with him.

 

 

 

~~~

 

“Daehyun,” I called from behind him, trying to keep up with his long, swift strides. My heart is beating way too fast that this isn’t healthy. I know, for some reason, whatever Daehyun has on his mind is not innocent. Thinking about it makes me blush and because I am too worried that we are also skipping our duties, I’m glad that he couldn’t see my face as I keep turning to look at the entrance. Don’t get me wrong. This is as exciting as it is wrong but for real? Daehyun feels the same way as I do?

 

When we reached the back storage, situated near the tennis court, Daehyun shoved me inside, locked the door behind him and slammed his lips against mine.

 

 

“Open your mouth,” he whispered hotly against my lips. Surprised, clueless and shivering, I complied because I’ve read a good deal of books about this – we were making out. And being inside Daehyun’s embrace is both thrilling and wrong, because we were in school goddamnit! And we were skipping duty, I never have done something as that. But when Daehyun’s agile tongue slipped through my awkward mouth everything slowly melted that I didn’t mind being pushed back against the wall.

 

“Mhnn!” okay, so it hurt a little and I was surprised but , did I just did that... in a moan? This is embarrassing, we should really stop right now, people could hear us. But how to tell him, should I tap out? This isn’t wrestling, I tell my stupid self. I clutched against his sleeve, that’s all I could think of. But instead of backing off, Daehyun leaned against me further, making the kiss deeper and my knees just melted.

 

 

 

Daehyun started ing my coat gingerly. We are seriously doing it in school? I tensed up. “Daehyun don – mhmph!” I tried to protest. As much as I like making out I really don’t think here and now is the right time, no matter how much we both want it. But Daehyun smashed his lips against mine while he now attended to the buttons of my shirt.

 

“I told you,” he said with a sigh, lifting his face inches from mine, a finger on the tip of his tongue.

“Open your mouth so I can put my tongue in.”

 

I shook my head, Daehyun understand please, but I couldn’t say that. Daehyun had this look on his eyes telling me that he won’t give up that easily. With his free hand he tipped my chin down, forcing me to open my mouth.

 

“Daehyun we can’t –!” But my voice hitched as I feel his hand against my . this is embarrassing. Stop smirking at me idiot! But his hand, why does he do it so good?  

“My, my Jongup growing hard with just a few kisses,” he whispered with a short chuckle.

“Let’s stop this Daehyun, let’s go back to the entrance gate,” I tried reasoning, shivering and shivered a few more as he and nibbled on my ear shell. “Hnnn~!”

 

Daehyun pushed himself at arms’ distance, staring at me, as if staring straight to my soul and trust me when I say – I feel with those eyes. “No,” he said huskily low.

 

 

 

~~~

When the school bell rang, immediately I sprang back up, pushing Daehyun away, re-dressing fast. And Daehyun just watched me, he didn’t even bother fixing himself up and just sat there on the floor with one elbow propped against his thigh and chin rested on the hand.

 

“Daehyun, hurry up,” I commanded curtly.

“I’m skipping first period,” he retorted, like a child. “Maybe I’ll just skip school.”

“No,” I said with authority grabbing one of his arms.

“If you’ll kiss me, I might follow you,”

“W-what? S-stop messing around Daehyun.”

 

What?! What is he playing at now? Daehyun, I like you, no, I probably love you but I don’t like my love-life to be and studies getting messed up and just be out of place. I want to just bring him up with brute force or just leave him there. I don’t want him ordering me around. But his eyes, the way they look up at me, gaze at me.

 

Do you really find it hard to trust on others, Daehyun? Trust me when I’ve allowed you to make your mark on my body.

 

 

A smile spread across his lips. Oh how I wish to wipe that look on his face, this won’t happen every time. I promise you Daehyun, I won’t let you do everything you wish with me, as much as my heart beats for you. But for now, if this is how I can reassure you at least a little, that I reciprocate your feelings that you’ve so well hidden or I’ve been too dense to get a clue then I will.

 

Slowly I bend, and place a peck over his plump lips. Daehyun parted them and I knew what he wanted. . I could feel him smirk as I slip my tongue inside his mouth, barely poking his much more experience tongue then immediately retracted before round two happens, I think.

 

“Let’s go,” I breathed. Daehyun just smirked. “You promised,” I pouted.

 

Finally, Daehyun languidly got up and headed for the door leaving me behind. “I thought we were going,” he said with hand held out for me to hold.

 

 

~~~

 

While we were walking towards the school building Daehyun asked, “Are you afraid of me?” to which I shook my head against briskly. “You’re not a good liar, Jongup.”

“I’m really not afraid, I’m just worried of what you’ll say. I promise I’ll do good next time.”

“Next time?” Daehyun asked, sounding amused with an eyebrow cocked up.

I didn’t mean it in that way, I wanted to say but all I did was go beet red.

 

The bell rings again.

 “Yes, next time,” I said rather calmly. “ Because Daehyun I like you and I don’t want you to think I’m bad or anything but we’re in school so…” And with confidence surging through me I grabbed one of his arms and dragged him towards the building

 

 


 

a/n: thought i should take a time off. and since the idea up to here is like Jongup's POV so it wasn't too difficult. also if you think there should've been more of the . Daehyun's POV is better. XD and sorry about changes of POV. i wanted to incorporate a little of Daehyun's thoughts. Daehyun rarely talks, he likes to act it out lol lol