Destiny & Angels

Serendipity

 

The next morning after class, Yoona invited us for a sleepover. When I arrived in their house, I was glad because they already bought cheesecake and donuts. Sweet delights!~

 

"Hey Hyun, what happened when I got off?" Yuri asked.

"Nothing."

"So how's the guy ?" Hwanhee asked

 

"Fine."

"Is that all?" Yoona added.

 

"You know what, I was bummed out yesterday. I ate this pizza with a load of hot sauce and you know what happened next."

 

"You mean. . . you got this swollen lips?", asked Yoona

 

"Uh-huh. . ."

 

They all burst out laughing but I got myself busy eating donuts. The mortifying moment was stopped when the phone rang. Yoona answered it. 

 

"It's a guy named Kris."

 

"Gimme te phone!" Yuri grabbed. "Oh, how are you my dear friend?. . . Who?. . . Seohyun?. . . Unlucky you, she's gone out to search for her lost dog!. Haha. I was just kidding. I'll give it to her."

 

Then, I got hold of the phone.

"Hello," I started.

"Hi, how's your lips?"

"They're okay now."

 

"Seohyun, you know what?"

 

"What?"

"Uhm. . . Never mind"

 

Listening to his voice on the phone is so mesmerizing. It's so deep, but I actually like it more when he's talking in person.

 

Just like the first time he talked at me at the book shop~ 

 

"I just want you to be with me for a night out."

 

"What?

 

"The two of us? Out? Together? Is it okay with you?"

 

"Well. . . Uhmm. . . Let me think.. .Amm. . . That would. .  be fine!"

 

"Okay, then I'll pick you up at seven- thirty tonight."

 

"Okay.", and I hung up. 

 

 

"I GOT A DATE TONIGHT!"

 


 

The next thing I know my three friends were more excited than I am. We hurriedly went to Yoona's closet and they helped me find a good outfit. I tried on a mini- skirt and they forced me to wear a shiny, tank top. Then I tried on a candy pants and an oversized blouse. Then a knee-high floral dress. A pelpum skirt and oh no-- tube top?! . This. and that. Then they quit. I perspired . I didn't even took a bath.

 

"What are we going to do now?", Hwanhee panicked.

"You don't like almost all these kind of clothes I had!" Yoona said.

Then I said, 

"Then how about this one?." I grabbed a cute, dress paired with a cardigan.

 

Then everybody turned quiet.

 

At exactly seven-thirty, a car stopped and horned. I panicked. We all went out as if we'll gonna have a group date. And there he was. Looking good on his white striped shirt and a cardigan. And he smelled so good. So I excused myself for a minute and I put on perfume, well, just in case. Then I went back and the car was already opened for me. He said,

 

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Am I late?"

"No, you're just in time. Let's go. Bye girls."

"Bye", they chorused.

 

In his car, my favorite song played. I sang with the stereo. "Don't say yes, run away now. . I'll meet you when you're out. .of the church at the back door. . ."

 

"You really like that song?", he asked.

 

"Oh, yes!. It's my all time-favorite. Taylor Swift. I love her. And guess what, I even learned to play guitar because I want to play her songs.  "

 

"Woah. Really?. Then if you have time, you should play that song for me."

 

"Sure, just for you~ Haha."

 

 

We stopped at a small cafe, which he said was his favorite spot on earth.

I ordered cookies n' cream shake and a sweet potato cake.

 

"Is that all?"

"Uh-huh, How about you?"

"Coffee Latte and brownies"

"That's good."

 

And we sat faced with each other. We were by the window and we can see people passing by.

And our conversation went. . . . . 

 

 

"What are you taking in the university?" he asked first.

"International studies."

"That's good."

"How about you?"

"I'm into painting and sculpture."

"Wow!"

"I like the arts so much."

"Me,too."

"I dream to be like Da Vinci and among others."

"Well, if you'll just do good. Goodluck!"

 

"You shouldn't suppose to tell me goodluck because it would mean I'll just wait for my luck. You should instead say, ' I know you can do it'. "

 

"So, umm. . . I know you'll be famous.", I said.

 

 

"That's better."

 

I also got the chance to know that he came from a broken family. His parents got divorced eversince he was ten, that his birthday is on November 6. He told me he wasn't into a relationship before but he do fell in love once but the girl didn't like him.

 

We decided to go over the edge of the city. It was an elevated place which you can see the lit city at night. We sat on a bench under a tree. The stars were out. The breeze was so cool. The place was serene and we can only hear- - - a few crickets.

 

It was simply romantic.

 

We sat apart. And we talked. . .

 

"Do you believe in destiny?" I asked.

 

"No."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because that will happen to you in the future will greatly depend on what you do today. It's not beacuse there on a star, all your history were already written."

 

"If that's what you think. But I believe that there is someone out there whom I can spend the rest of my life with. Someone I was destined to be with, forever."

 

"Well. . . it could happen. Dreams do come true. But I believe in angels."

 

"You do?"

 

"Yes. They used to say that when you wake up in the morning, the first person that comes in your mind is your angel. Like for instance, I woke up this morning and I got you on my mind ------- then you're my angel."

 

 

He didn't know how much he touched my heart that night.

 

I liked hearing those words from him. I'd say, he was very sweet.

 

And just for the very first time we were together, it felt like we have known each other for years.

 

I hardly slept that night. I kept thinking about Kris.

 

 

I started to like him.

 

 

Oh Kris. . .