9 teaspoons of sugar

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

Daiki closed the door lightly behind him. He placed the present on the desk and sat in his chair. Slowly, he untied the ribbon and tore open the present carefully. Lifting the lid from the box, his gaze traced along the gift in it. In the box, there lies a wonderfully hand-made white with light blue wool muffler. He picked up the muffler and hugged it.
 
 
"Amu-chan, arigatou. I really like it," he mumbled softly with a smile.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Amu shut the door behind her and placed the present on her desk. She sat down in her chair and slowly unwrapped the present. Lifting the small lid from the box, her eyes widened. In the box, there lies a beautiful necklace with a crystal teddy bear pendant. Carefully, she picked up the necklace from the box and took a closer look. Inside the pendant, there was a small solid penguin figurine.
 
 
-Flashback-
 
 
Daiki broke the hug and stared into her eyes softly. Amu felt heat creeping up her cheeks and her heart fluttered. She managed to look away and walked over to the telescope.
 
 
"Mou Dai-chan, it's not funny. I know you can say a better joke!" Amu said with a smile but she refused to meet his gaze. The next thing she knew, her back was leaning against the railings and Daiki's hands were placed firmly on each side of her.
 
 
"Da-Dai..chan! What are you doing?" Amu exclaimed. She didn't want to scream at him but she just don't understand what he was trying to do. She struggled to get free but ended up having a closer body contact with Daiki. Daiki locked his eyes with hers. Her heart was pounding harder each second and she needed some air. Daiki's sweet cologne was making her dizzy.
 
 
"It's not meant to be a joke," Daiki whispered softly and his gaze were still fixed on her.
 
 
"Dai..chan," Amu called out his name softly. She needed air and his cologne was still making her dizzy.
 
 
"Kitagawa Amu, will you be my girlfriend?" Daiki asked with his trademark smile. Amu stared into his eyes. Slowly, she nodded her head. Daiki smiled even wider and leaned in. Amu closed her eyes and let their lips met. Both of them shared a passionate kiss under the beautiful starry sky.
 
 
-End of Flashback-
 
 
She felt herself blushing again. She shook her head and walked over to the mirror. She unclasped the chain and put the necklace around her neck. Locking the chain, she stared at her reflection in the mirror. The crystal pendant sparkled under the lights. She closed her eyes and touched the pendant.
 
 
"Dai-chan, arigatou."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
The next day, The girls were back in the coffeehouse. Amu, Hanna, and Kim were washing the coffeebeans while Rio, Fai, and Yuki were sitting down on one of the chairs and started to daydream.
 
 
"Maa maa, our sisters here are daydreaming first thing in the morning!" Kim exclaimed while she dried the coffeebeans. Rio smiled and sighed.
 
 
-Flashback-
 
 
"Arigatou, Rio" Ryosuke whispered softly into her ears. Rio smiled and her tears just rolled down her cheeks. Ryosuke released the hug and leaned in. Their lips met for the third time. It was full of their feelings for each other. Ryosuke broke the kiss and thumbed away her tears on her cheeks.
 
 
-End of Flashback-
 
 
"He's just so sweet," Rio sighed and her hands were held together in front of her chest. Yuki laughed and shook her head.
 
 
"She's on cloud nine right now," Fai thought. After The girls had reached home last night, Rio barged into every bedroom and squealed. Amu was half-asleep while listening to Rio talking non-stop about how Ryosuke confessed to her and how they had kissed three times last night. Despite Rio informing her about being a couple with Ryosuke, Amu still hadn't told anyone about her officially being Daiki's girlfriend. As the customers slowly strolled in, the girls got back to work.
 
 
"Maybe I'll tell her later. It's unfair that I know about her and Ryosuke but she doesn't know about me and Dai-chan ne?" Amu thought. She decided to throw it to the back of her mind first.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Daiki was smiling to himself the nth time that day. All the other BEST members were already staring at him weirdly but he didn't seemed to sense it. At last, all of them couldn't take it anymore and decided to send Kota to ask him. After all, Kota was considered as the unofficial leader of the group. Kota sat beside Daiki unwillingly after being pushed by Hikaru and Kei. He took a good look at Daiki, who was still grinning widely to himself, and sighed.
 
 
"Ne Dai-chan, are you alright?" Kota asked with concern. Daiki nodded his head and continued grinning. Kota turned around and shook his head.
 
 
"It's not working," Kota mouthed back to the other eight members who sighed in unison. Then, Hikaru called Kota back and decided to send Yuya. Yuya sat down and glanced at him.
 
 
"Dai-chan, you're in love right?" Yuya asked, raising an eyebrow. He was just merely guessing. Daiki nodded his head. Yuya was surprised. Turning around, he mouthed 'He's in love.' to the other members. Everyone nodded their heads and Hikaru motioned him to ask more. Yuya nodded before turning back.
 
 
"Eto..who's that lucky girl then?" Yuya asked again. Finally, it got Daiki's attention. Facing Yuya, Daiki answered him.
 
 
"Kitagawa Amu."
 
 
All the other members, gasped in surprise. Though from last night, they knew that Amu was kind of special to Daiki, for he was keeping a look out for her the whole time. However, none of them - except Ryosuke, would expect Daiki to like her. Yuya was even more surprised. He knew Daiki's former girlfriend as she was the sister of his friend. It was a pretty big jump from her to Amu. Turning around again, Yuya looked at Hikaru for instructions. Hikaru just nodded his head and signaled to Yuya that he could go back. The members dismissed themselves quietly and went to do their own things. Yuya, who was feeling pretty uneasy, decided to continue asking.
 
 
"Dai-chan, have you ask her out yet?" Yuya asked with his eyebrows furrowed. To say the truth, he didn't really want Daiki to be in relationship again. Though he was quite sure that Aoi was a nice girl, he still couldn't trust her fully. He was worried that Daiki would get hurt again.
 
 
"Un, last night," Daiki replied and Yuya's face fell. Why Dai-chan? Do you want to get hurt again?
 
 
"Oh, and did she accept it?" Yuya asked casually. He was hoping that it would be a no. He frowned when he saw Daiki's dreamy face.
 
 
"Un! She accepted it!" Daiki answered with a huge grin and looked at Yuya,"Ne Yuyan, are you happy for me?"
 
 
What could Yuya say? After all, it's Daiki's love life. He's just Daiki's friend and band mate. He could only give Daiki advice and nothing more. Yuya let out a sigh. No matter what, he's still going to support him. He was pretty sure that the Amu girl wouldn't be like Atsuko, who cheated on Daiki. Yuya did wanted Daiki to have a safe relationship in the first place.
 
 
"Of course I'm happy for our Dai-chan! Congratulations ne! Last long alright?" Yuya said with a grin and patted Daiki's shoulder. Daiki smiled and gave Yuya a big nod. Yuya returned the smile and stood up. Turning around, his smile disappeared almost immediately.
 
 
"Well, let's hope that she's the one."