8 teaspoons of sugar

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

 
--------
 
 
"Did he really blush?" Rio thought as she sat on the swing in the garden.
 
 
-Flashback-
 
 
Ryosuke stopped when there was only an inch of gap between both their lips. Finally, Ryosuke closed his eyes and leaned in all the way. Their lips were pressed tightly against each other.
 
 
-End of Flashback-
 
 
Rio touched her lips unconsciously. Her heart was pounding so hard and fast that she swore it would just break her rib bones. She shook her head vigorously.
 
 
"It's just a dare and he probably doesn't mean it at all. Who wouldn't blush over this kind of thing?" Rio thought as she played the snow on the ground with her boots.
 
 
"He's a perfect guy with the looks and everything. There are many girls out there who are far better than me and deserve him. It's impossible for him to like me, not even a percent. I'll just only adore him from far," she sighed and continued to draw random patterns on the snow with her boots. She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't noticed someone approaching her.
 
 
"Why do you want to stay outside? It's so cold!" Ryosuke exclaimed as he walked towards the other swing. Rio snapped out of her thoughts and turned around.
 
 
"Ya-Yama ..chan," Rio stuttered at her words. She was really shocked at the fact that Ryosuke would come after her. She blinked away from him and let diverted her gaze back to the snow.
 
 
"Since you're complaining it's cold, why don't you just go back into the house where it'll definitely be warmer?" Rio snapped but still avoiding his gaze. She didn't wanted to be harsh to him. However, through that kiss earlier, she felt cheated and had her feelings played by Ryosuke. Ryosuke, on the other hands, was taken aback by her tone.
 
 
"Don't tell me she's mad at me about the kiss earlier," he thought, peeking at her from the corner of his eyes. Silence quickly filled up the atmosphere between them.
 
 
"Maybe I should apologize," Ryosuke thought again. He felt bad for not asking her permission first before doing the dare. He assumed that she didn't like him.
 
 
"Rio-chan, I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. I should have asked for your permission first," Ryosuke apologized, staring straight at her. It made Rio remembered about the whole incident again and heat was creeping up her cheeks again. She shook her head and avoided his stare.
 
 
"I've to get out of here before I say something harsh or weird again," Rio thought to herself. She quickly got up from the swing and turned around. As she walked past Ryosuke, he grabbed her wrist.
 
 
"Oh god, now what?!" she screamed silently, biting her lips. She waited for him to let go but he didn't. His grip was tight and firm. Ryosuke wasn't going to let go of her. Rio couldn't help but sighed.
 
 
"Is he seriously that insensitive about the impact he can give on the girls?" 
 
 
At that moment, she really wished that he would just let go of her and disappear. Being in the position now, she no longer felt cold anymore. Ryosuke was making her feel warm. She clicked her tongue. No matter what, she's going to get out of here.
 
 
"What do yo-"
 
 
Before she could finish her sentence, Ryosuke spun her around and pressed his lips firmly on hers. Her eyes widened and were locked with Ryosuke's for a few seconds before he closed his eyes. One of his hands were now wrapped tightly around her waist and the other at the back of her head ,deepening the kiss. She tried to break it by hitting continuously on his chest but only to be pressed in further by Ryosuke. At last, she gave up. Suddenly, an electric current shot through her body. The kiss was not the same as the one they had shared earlier. It was filled with more feelings and passion.
 
 
"Nande?"
 
 
Rio was confused. Ryosuke broke the kiss a minute later and the both of them were breathing heavily. Rio looked away for her cheeks were crimson red by now.
 
 
"I-I just want to prove that I wasn't playing with you earlier," Ryosuke said, panting for air. Rio finally looked at him.
 
 
"Nani?" 
 
 
That's the only word that came out of . She was loss of words.
 
 
"Aieru, Rio-chan," Ryosuke whispered softly and locked his eyes with hers. Rio wanted to look away but she couldn't. His eyes were piercing into hers. Her heart was pounding so hard that she needed to gasp for air again.
 
 
"You're joking."
 
 
"No, I'm not."
 
 
"Yes, you are!"
 
 
"No, I'm not!"
 
 
"It's not funny to play around with my feelings!" Rio screamed at him. Tears welled up in her eyes. She really felt cheated. Ryosuke shook his head in frustration. He didn't know why his confession would turned out to be a disaster. It wasn't what he had expected. He walked up and pinned her against the wall outside the house. His hands were placed firmly on each side of her head. With their body in such a close contact, she could smell the sweet cologne he was using that day.
 
 
"Look at me, Rio..." Ryosuke said softly. Rio shook her head. Vexed, he grabbed her chin firmly but tenderly and made her look at him. For a quick moment, their eyes met but Rio looked away. The more she looked at him, the more hurt she would feel.
 
 
"Gomenasai," Ryosuke apologized softly as he let go of his grip and thumbed away her tears that were rolling down her cheeks.
 
 
"I'll give you time to think," he said as he started to back away,"but I won't give up on you."
 
 
Rio looked up just in time to see him turned around. Then it hit her. Ryosuke's words were real. They were never fake in the first place. The kiss they shared in the dare and they kiss they shared earlier were filled with the same thing. His uttermost true feelings. She felt so stupid for not believing him. Looking at him moving further and further away, she felt her heart getting numb.
 
 
"No..no..don't go!" she was screaming inside. She shook her head.
 
 
"Ai-aieru!" Rio shouted loudly. Ryosuke stopped on his tracks and turned around.
 
 
"I'm sorry for messing up your whole confession. I..I just couldn't believe it," Rio mumbled quickly. Ryosuke's face immediately lit up and before Rio could react, he ran over and hugged her tightly.
 
 
"Arigatou, Rio-chan..," Ryosuke whispered softly into her ears. Rio smiled and tears rolled down her cheeks. Ryosuke released the hug and leaned in again. Their lips met for the third time. It was filled with more passion than before. Ryosuke broke the kiss and thumbed away her tears on her cheeks.
 
 
"Baka, why are you crying again?" Ryosuke scolded with a smile. Rio flashed him her biggest smile.
 
 
"It's called the 'Tears of Happiness' ." 
 
 
---
author's note: PAYBACK RIO! =w= ><