4 teaspoons of sugar

Bitter Coffee & Sweet Sugar

 

------------------
 
 
The next day, Daiki left Amu's house early in the morning. The house was quiet so he figured that everyone in the house must have either left or is still asleep. He took his time to prepare himself for he wanted to thank Amu personally again. He definitely felt better after being taken care by her. She had forced him to eat bland food for two days straight and even took away his Pocky sticks despite him giving her his famous puppy look that not even his band mates could resist. After he was ready, he realized that Amu wasn't in the kitchen yet. He then immediately headed up to her bedroom. He knocked lightly on the door but there was no answer.
 
 
Carefully, he turned the door knob slowly and took a peek inside. The walls of the room was painted in baby blue colour and the curtains hanging on the windows were in creamy colour. A warm feeling spread throughout his whole body. He smiled unconsciously and tiptoed quietly into the room. There, he found her fast asleep on her bed. He walked towards the bed and stared at her sleeping face.
 
 
"Now looking at her closely, she is actually quite cute.." Daiki thought silently as he brushed away a few strands of hair that was covering her face. Then he shook his head and withdrew his hands. "No, I shouldn't.." He told himself before glancing back at the sleeping girl.
 
 
"Amu-chan.. Amu-chan.." Daiki called softly while shaking her shoulders lightly. He saw her stirred a little and went back to sleep. He sighed and turned around, heading for the door. Just as he walked past her study desk, a yellowish square notepad and a black pen on the desk caught his eyes. He took the pen and scribbled something on the notepad. He then placed the pen gently on the table and closed the door silently behind him.
 
 
"Kuso! It's ten in the morning already?! I should get going!" Daiki gasped as he looked at the time flashed on his watch. Grabbing his bag from the couch, he hurried out of the front door towards the train station.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
The sun rays peeked through the thin sheet of curtains and shone onto Amu's eyes. She opened her eyes slowly. Shielding her eyes from the rays, she sat up like a zombie with her hair in a mess. She got out from the bed, rubbed her eyes and headed towards the bathroom. Half an hour later, she was back in her room with a towel draped around her shoulder. As she dried her hair with the towel, a yellow note on the table caught her eyes. Feeling curious, she walked towards her desk and picked up the note.
 
 
"Ohayou Amu-chan! I was waiting for you to wake up but I guess you were really tired right? By the time you are reading this, I had already left the house. Arigatou for taking care of me for the past two days, though you took away my precious Pocky sticks!"
 
 
Aoi paused and giggled. She could imagine him pouting. 
 
 
"Although I have never really get to taste your other cooked dishes besides bland porridges for two days straight, I can feel that you're a great cook! Your porridge is really nice! I'll remember my promise to you - to try to believe in it again. Well then, if there's fate, we'll meet again right? Alright, that's all. See you soon! Jyane! - Daiki
 
 
PS: Gomen, I couldn't resist my temptation for Pocky sticks so I took away the ones you had kept earlier on!"
 
 
Amu raised her eyebrows at the last sentence. She could imagine him tiptoeing to the counter to get those Pocky sticks and looking around to see if he was caught red-handed. Just the thought of it made her laughed. Seriously, no one can resist Daiki's cuteness. She remembered how Daiki pleaded her with his irresistible puppy eyes for the Pocky sticks on her hands. Although she was almost near to giving in, she controlled herself and refused it. It was really hard. After reading it, she folded the note neatly into half and placed in her drawer. Looking at the clock hanged on the wall, she quickly changed to her usual clothing that she wore to work. As she changed, she couldn't help but thought about the words in the note.
 
 
"Fate huh..?" she thought and shook her head immediately. Having to meet her ichiban was what all fan girls had hoped for. Though she found it unbelievable to meet her ichiban so closeup, she had already treated it as fate. She assumed that fate only comes around once in a lifetime. So she believed that after Daiki had left the house, it just meant the end of their fate. Looking at the time again, she realized she had only ten minutes left before her shift starts. Yes, everyone Had gone to work already. she was the last one.. again..Throwing all her necessary items into the small tote bag, she headed out to the coffeehouse. The thought of the note was thrown far off to the back of her mind.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
"Yama-chan, is Dai-chan arriving soon?" Yuya asked for the ninth time again in the same hour. Ryosuke sighed and flipped his phone open to check for any new message. He sighed again when he didn't see the icon of a small envelope appearing on the screen. They had informed Daiki last night that they would be meeting him up in the morning for breakfast. Ryosuke had found a new coffeehouse recently that was located not far from the train station and decided to bring Yuya, Kei, Daiki, and Yabu there. They had agreed to meet at the train station at ten in the morning. However, it was already half past ten and they still couldn't see any sign of him. Ryosuke was getting impatient.
 
 
"Nee, I think that's Dai-chan-"
 
 
"Look! It's Dai-chan!"
 
 
"Ahh- Dai-chan!"
 
 
"-and he is going to get it from me.." Ryosuke mumbled off when the three called out at the same time. They all have spotted Daiki who was running over to them.
 
 
"Dai-chan! Over here!"
 
 
The four spotted Daiki waving at them. Yuya responded while Ryosuke just continued to fold his arms. Upon reaching, Daiki greeted the both of them and he could feel Ryosuke's glare piercing at him.
 
 
"Gomen ne, Yama-chan," Daiki apologized and Ryosuke just hmpf-ed it off. Daiki shook Ryosuke's shoulder lightly and gave him the famous puppy look. Ryosuke knew and didn't looked at him. Finally, he sighed for the third time in the day and gave in.
 
 
"Dai-chan, please please please to the power of nine hundred and ninety-nine that I begged you not to be late again," Ryosuke pleaded. Just the thought of Daiki being late annoyed him. Kei just laughed at the both of them. Hearing the grumbling sounds of their empty stomachs, the five of them looked at each other.
 
 
"Yosha! Now that everyone is present, it's breakfast time! Ikou!" Ryosuke said happily and walked off first with the four tagging along behind.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Amu reached the coffeehouse just in time. She headed upstairs to place her bag and wore the light brown apron on her waist. She straightened out herself a little and came back down to serve the customers. The five spotted her and jogged back to the counter.
 
 
"Ohayou, Amu-chan!" Rio greeted and smiled while placing two cups of freshly brewed hot mocha coffee on the small dark brown tray. Hanna and Yuki smiled at her while Fai and Kim began their trolling. 
 
 
"So." Fai began as the five girls grinned cheekily. 
 
 
"How was yesterday?" Kim finished as she nudged Amu's side with her elbow. 
 
 
"Ehh? What yesterday?" Amu blinked back in a confused state. 
 
 
"You two fell asleep together didn't you?" Fai smirked as the four other girls placed their hands on their cheeks to stop the burning sensation. 
 
 
"No, no, no! It's just.." Amu began until the sudden memory of herself intertwining her hand with Daiki's came into remembrance. She, herself, then began to blush. "What did you guys see?" Amu then asked, raising an eyebrow. 
 
 
"Oh, nothing much..." They simply replied in sync. 
 
 
"Uh-huh..." Amu said sarcastically while blindly grabbing the nearest tool next to her to start wiping the counters. "Is that so.." She continued, staring at the five girls in front of her. 
 
 
"Anou.. Amu-chan.. That's..." Rio began, pointing to the utensil in which Amu had in her current hand. 
 
 
"Huh?" Amu questioned, snapping out of her daze to glance upon the item. 
 
 
In her right hand, she held a scarf which belonged Yuki. And with that scarf, she used it to wipe half the counter down. "Ahh~! Gomen! I'll buy you a new one okay!?" Amu apologized as Yuki laughed it off. "Daijoubu. You're just still in your daydreaming state so no worries." 
 
 
"I'll definitely buy you a new one." Amu stated as she tied her hair into a messy bun. 
"Forget the scarf, buy me Hokuto instead!" Yuki laughed as the four suddenly came up with an idea. 
 
 
"If you meet Daiki again... Then that means..." Hanna began with her eyes opened wide.
"We'll meet JUMP!" Rio, Fai, and Kim finished. "Oh and Hokuto too!" Yuki pointed out as she nodded her head back and forth vigorously. 
 
 
"Demo.. Just remember the promise we made a few days ago!" Amu stated as the five other girls nodded in agreement.
 
 
"Demo, you know, if you two DO become close, you're bound to tell him one day eventually.." Kim stated. "Is it really alright to pretend you aren't a fan of his?" 
 
 
Yes. That was their agreement. To help Amu go undercover as a normal girl. Not a fan. Amu knows that one day, she has to speak the truth but if she did, she was frightened if Daiki wouldn't accept her as a friend. Therefore, all her efforts will be thrown into the trash just like a bitter old coffee whom no one wants. 
 
 
"Girls, snap out of it and work or I won't give you the bonus I told you all about!" Their boss suddenly asserted, popping out from behind the service area. "Hai~!" The six girl said in sync as they moved out to proceed their duties. After a while, the bell hanging on the door rang and five customers entered.
 
 
"Welcome!" Hanna and Yuki greeted cheerfully, not bothering to look up for they were busy serving the customers. Kim and Fai were in the service area, preparing the coffee and cakes and Rio and Amu were busy taking orders and cleaning the tables.The coffeehouse was packed with people. Since it was around two weeks left before Christmas, many people were shopping nearby for decorations to decorate their Christmas trees and of course, not missing out the pretty presents.
 
 
"Amu-chan, can you help me to seat the customers that had just came in? I'm a little busy here!" Rio asked while she wrote down the orders of the customers on the small notepad.
 
 
"Amu-chan? That sounds familiar."
 
 
"Hai!" Amu replied and took out her notepad and pen after placing the recent customer's order onto the order stand.
 
 
"Ahh.." Amu froze as she glanced at the five guys standing by the door.
 
 
"Dai-chan?"
 
 
"Amu-chan?"
 
 
Both of them called out each other's pet name at the same time. Amu was astounded. Just a moment ago, she was thinking about the note that Daiki had written.
 
 
"Well then, if there's fate, we'll meet again right?"
 
 
The words that Daiki wrote on the note entered her mind again.
 
 
"If that's so...then..isn't this the fate that he's talking about?!" Amu thought and her eyes widened. Their gaze were still locked. That was, until Ryosuke spoke up. 
 
 
"Ne Dai-chan, is she your friend?" Ryosuke asked, staring at Amu. Ryosuke's words brought them into reality and both of them looked away in embarrassment.
 
 
"E-eh? Ah-"
 
 
"Yeah, she's my friend," Daiki cut in. Amu blinked.
 
 
"Nani? Friends? Do I really count as his friend?" Amu thought, confused. "Maa, this way please. And watch your step on the stairs please." She instructed as she led the boys to a table by the window in the corner. 
 
 
"Minna, I'm hungry. Can we order now?" Ryosuke asked politely but the with slightest tone of urgency.
 
 
"Hai, you may order now." Amu stated as she flipped to the next clean sheet on the notepad. The five of them nodded and Ryosuke spoke first.
 
 
"Finally~" He said with a smile,"Well, I would like to have a cup of hot mocha coffee with a bunch of cream and three strawberry cakes please." Amu nodded and scribbled onto her notepad. Then, she turned to look at Yabu." I would like to have a cup of cappuccino with cream and a vanilla cake." Amu nodded and scribbled again. She then turned to Daiki. 
"I would like to have a cup of hot chocolate with cream and a vanilla cake please." Daiki stated as he pointed to the pictures places under the glass table indicating his decisions. Amu nodded and scribbled on the notepad. 
 
 
"Copy cat.." Yabu joked as he crossed his arms. "Hey, I liked it before you did.. AND I'm a penguin.. not a cat." Daiki stated as Amu chuckled. She then turned to look at Yuya. "Just coffee please and a dango." "Hai." Amu said as she jotted that down. "OI, Yuya, are you going on a diet or something?" Ryosuke laughed earning himself a wack in the arm by the elder one. "At least I'm not an ichigobuta.." Yuya remarked as Ryosuke made a big O shape with his mouth. Indeed, he was pawned. 
 
 
"And.. What can I get for you sir?" Amu asked after glancing at Kei. "Of course, the smartest is last deshou?" He smiled as the others face-palmed themselves. "I would like a latte please... With cream. Oh, and a green tea cake please." 
 
 
"Alright, your meals will be delivered shortly. Please wait for a while," Amu then said as she bowed before heading to the counter. Shortly after Amu had left, Ryosuke and Yuya immediately questioned Daiki.
 
 
"Dai-chan, how did you meet her?" Yuya asked. Daiki opened his mouth and was about to reply when Ryosuke cut in.
 
 
"Yeah! I thought you just broke up with Atsuko..." Ryosuke asked, not knowing that he had accidentally brought up the topic that Daiki would never want to talk about even if it's the last topic left. Hearing the name, Daiki's expression immediately became grim. Yabu, who was more sensible than Ryosuke, kicked Ryosuke hard in the leg.
 
 
"Itai!" Ryosuke groaned and glared hard at Yuto, "What was that for?!"
 
 
Yabu leaned to Ryosuke's ear and whispered, "He just broke up with Atsuko-chan, remember? Why did you have to bring up that topic? He haven't forget about her yet!"
 
 
Ryosuke suddenly remembered and felt guilty. He knew he had to apologize. He wasn't saying that on purpose earlier on. The name just suddenly popped up in his mind and he just said it out without thinking.
 
 
"Gomen, Dai-chan. I didn't mean to say it on purpose...," Ryosuke apologized. Daiki shook his head and flashed a small smile.
 
 
"Ii yo, daijoubu. Amu-chan found me in the rain on the day I broke up with Atsuko-chan. She realized that I was running a high fever and brought me home. She took care of me for the past two days," Daiki said with a smile. Just before The four other guys could reply, Fai and Kim arrived to their table with their orders. 
 
 
"Hai, here are all your orders." Fai smiled. Please enjoy your meal," Kim added politely before heading back to the counter. The five of the guys glanced at each other before diving into their breakfast. Indeed they were famished.
 
 
"Damn, that girl is pretty..." Yuya and Kei confessed at the same time with their mouths full.  The two then stared at each other and pointed towards the girl they were talking about to clear any misunderstandings they had. After seeing that they were both mentioning a different girl, they calmed down and continued to admire them from afar while sipping onto their hot drinks.
 
 
"That girl looks pretty cute too.." Ryosuke thought as he glanced at Rio who was constantly catching glimpses of him as she took orders from other customers. 
 
 
Yabu thought the same as he smiled upon Hanna who was busy preparing meals.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
 
After finishing their breakfasts, the five of them proceeded to the counter for payment.
 
"Arigatou! Have a nice day!" Hanna said cheerfully with a smile. The five of them nodded before heading out. Just then, Daiki stopped and turned around. "Amu-chan, jyane~!" He waved.  "Ah, jyane!" Amu said and waved back. 
 
 
Daiki smiled brightly and left coffeehouse. Yuki smiled in awe as she saw the five other girls sighed in cloud nine after seeing their ichibans. 
 
 
"Mou, you guys are so lucky.. Having to meet your ichibans..." Yuki exclaimed loudly, since the coffeehouse was almost empty. The girls giggled as they hushed their best friend. "No worries! I'll definitely make sure that you'll meet Hokuto one day!" Amu declared as Yuki brightened up her mood. Little did they know that there was someone listening to their whole conversation. The person smirked and took a sip of the coffee.
 
 
"Hm, the coffee is nice," she whispered softly and placed the cup of coffee back on the small plate, "But it's so sweet that I feel disgusted."
 
 
Her lips twitched and curled. She took a sugar cube from the little jug and played with it in her hands.
 
 
"It will be interesting to watch the sweetness disappear completely between those two. Not now but soon," she whispered softly. She sneered and crushed the sugar cube in her hands. Particles of the sugar cube fell messily onto the table.
 
 
"I'll let her enjoy the moment of sweetness and happiness and then crush it altogether, leaving only bitterness behind."
 
 
 
-----
authors note: 
My older cousin just HAD to tell me a ghost story just before I sleep.. Now I'm in bed and IM PARANOID.. DAIKI ISN'T HERE NEITHER SO IM ALL ALONE... OAO 
 
ill just update and update and update until I sleep.. If that ever happens... 
 
Mou~ dai-chan, where are you? *searches under the blankets*
 
did my cousin captured you? T~T DAI.. CHAN....