Shopping

Now And Always

 

We all know that both EXO-K and EXO-M are official artistes who debuted under one of the largest corporations in the K-Pop industry. Hence, we would also be aware of the fact that the corporation, legally and globally known as SM Entertainment, which stood for Star Museum Entertainment; was responsible for the birth and rise of numerous legendary stars, for example; Dong Bang Shin Ki, H.O.T, Super Junior, BoA, SHINee and other talented individuals and groups. Hence, to collaborate with their fame in powerful vocals and dance moves, the corporation also emphasized on their dress code, which often included suits, skinny jeans, mini skirts, boots and other luxurious pieces; exclusively designed by experts down to the last stud.

 

Hence, this is probably the reason why Kyungsoo and Jongin had decided to ditch their usual 'official' dress sense in order to get out of their dormitory unnoticed.

 

Or at least, the decision was made by Jongin.

 

A fragment of their goal was attained, they were able to sneak out without anyone recognizing them. However, they were certainly noticed. For, Jongin had found the will and guts of iron to pile Kyungsoo and himself up in three layers of clothing.

 

Each.

 

Kyungsoo looked uncannily like a panda, a very bemused panda, in the least; he was wearing a frilly sleeveless shirt under a 'Drape-Shape' jacket, and barely covering his thighs, were a pair of brown shorts which felt suspisciously of boxer-material. He had kept on his sneakers, but Jongin had tossed out the insoles. Hence, he looked shorter than usual and Jongin had attached a huge moustache above his upper lip.

 

Make things simple, he looked ridiculous.

 

Jongin was no better. He had on a black French beret over his flattened hair (despite Kyungsoo's explaining that no one gave a crap about memorizing the style of Jongin's hair in the first place), a blue sequined suit that were three sizes too big, Suede shoes and sunglasses that made his eyes looked like there were Mosaic patterns over them.

 

"I think this added swag to my style," he said shamelessly as he trudged into a bookstore.

 

"Please," Kyungsoo's fake moustache moved, "kill yourself."

 

Jongin ignored him and pulled him over to the stationary aisle where a few people stared at them, startled. Some began to draw their girlfriends or children away, as though they carried some kind of SARS virus.

 

"Then again," Kyungsoo's moustache moved again, "why are we in a bookstore?"

 

"Youngjae's a Brain, my furry friend, don't you follow allKPOP?" Jongin said absently as he scrutinized the glass displays containing video games.

 

"Brain is actually the name of his fans; he likes electronics."

 

And he calls himself a good friend of Youngjae.

 

"Is not!" Jongin declared indignantly.

 

"Is too."

 

"Is not!"

 

"Is too."

 

"IS..."

 

Just then, a little girl ran over with a lollipop, her ponytail flying behind her. Kyungsoo stopped short at the sight of her and his heart started thumping.

 

Oh crap.

 

She must have recognized their voices.

 

They had been caught.

 

Jongin obviously thought the same, and his eyes darted around the store for the nearest exit. They were all blocked by shop attendants and customers. His heart pounded.

 

Maybe we can shut her up before she starts squealing, he thought wildy, maybe...

 

"Excuse me," the little girl chirped, pulling at Jongin's sleeve, "are you guys terrorists?"

 

Silence.

 

"Yes." Jongin replied.

 

The mother leapt forwards and dragged her wide-eyed daughter away hastily, and out of the shop. Kyungsoo turned back to the racks, relieved.

 

"Since we're here, let's look for something anyway."

 

Kyungsoo went over to the paper section whilst Jongin stayed where he was, glancing at the DVDs, pendrives and USB connectors. After about ten minutes, Kyungsoo returned.

 

"Nothing interesting there." he said, a package under his arm.

 

"Why did you buy a Pororo notebook?" Jongin asked without looking up. He caught sight Kyungsoo at the cashier earlier, his arms wrapped around the notebook possessively.

 

"Leave me alone."

 

"It's a waste of cash, you'll never write in it."

 

"It has famous quotes at the side of each page, thank you very much."

 

"In what language?" Jongin asked randomly.

 

"English."

 

Silence.

 

"Kyungsoo," Jongin said slowly, "you don't read English."

 

"Yes, I do!" Kyungsoo declared airily, "Hello? I am D.O from EXO-K. We are careless, careless, anonymous, anonymous and heartless,

mindless!"

 

Awkward silence.

 

"You don't even know what that means." Jongin muttered, as though he did.

 

"It's the opening of our song, Jongin. I'd be an idiot if I didn't know what it meant."

 

Jongin kept quiet and suddenly, his eyes lit up.

 

"What about getting him our EXO photoshoot album limited edition?"

 

Kyungsoo stared at him, his arms still around the precious notebook, stunned at his friend's incredibly thick skin.

 

"Jongin," he stated slowly, "think about it," as though he was a therapist in a psych ward, "would you be squealing over an album full of half- B.A.P members you received for your birthday?"

 

"No."

 

"I'm glad you're still sane."

 

"What about a PSP game stick?"

 

"Kyuhyun would be the only one excited over a package barely an inch long, since he'll be the only one I know who would gladly polish such a present up every Fourth of July, with teary eyes of joy."

 

"A convertible-shaped pendrive?"

 

"He's nineteen tomorrow, if it were up to Siwon - hyung, he'd buy the dude a real car."

 

Jongin looked thoughtful, then he burst into a dreamy smile.

 

"When it's my birthday," he sighed, "I'm going to ask the members to chip in to get me anything that goes from zero to two-hundred miles in four seconds or less."

 

"We'll keep it in mind to save up for a pretty little electronic weighing scale."

 

Jongin gave him the hairy eyeball as the shorter member fought back a smirk.

 

"Fine, you come up with something!" Jongin slapped him on the chest and backed away, so that Kyungsoo could get a full view of the potential gifts. His eyes trailed over them for a minute, before allowing the realization to come crashing onto him.

 

There. Was. Nothing. Fecking. Good.

 

Why?

 

Everything in the display was seventy off.

 

"Yes," Kyungsoo breathed to himself, "a pretty little electronic scale for the pretty little cheapskate."

 


sorry about the spacings, i cudnt seem to broaden de space between each line without 'enter'ing. i hope u enjoy it tho! :)

Thx for all de feedback, sure motivates me to write. it's my first time on an EXOBAP fic.

^^v peace!