Break Up

Arranged Marriage-himchan

It was almost time. You nervously walked back and forth in the small corridor behind the stage. Your hands were shaking and tapping at your chin vigorously. This was it. Finally the day has arrived. Not only were the nerves starting to kick in but also the worry and fear for what you were about to do after.

-----------------------             

A few days ago:

It was very nice weather outside so you settled for a grey, cotton short-sleeved shirt that was a bit lighter than the thin, dark slim jeans. You put on some bracelets seeing as they just sat in your jewellery box most of the time and slipped around your neck a small gold chained necklace.

You went to work as usual and got up in a pretty good mood. You managed to get some sleep between the study and work and all and your parents made sure you visited them regularly so they could check up on you before you were going to take over their position.

Right now, the table for work was set with fewer documents than yesterday. There wasn’t much to do now. You only had to read through some things for the next meeting. You knew that this was too good to be true and the little stacks of notes will then turn into an enormous amount by the time you take your position as CEO. Sometimes, you thought, ‘I shouldn’t be going through with this’ You never really lost the insight that you weren’t ready and the excuse that you were still young. Nevertheless, you knew that that these thoughts will only hold you back even more and there was already enough for you to worry so you tried your best to not think so negatively.

It was a silent, focused time during the day. You had been at work for probably half the hours now and you were currently thinking about a current meeting that you went to. Ever since you left B.A.P and having the inefficient amount of work on your hands, there was no time for you to collect the envelopes from the secret lockers. You sat there and with an envelope that was handed to you not long ago from the meeting, it made you recall about the secret deliveries. It had been a while and you were starting to worry. I wonder what happened to them. Maybe the person who brought them realised that you weren’t collecting them anymore and so they stopped delivering altogether. Or have they still been placing them in the locker? Your mind twisted question after question and you could feel your mind lost without any answers to fit them. Because you were thinking so thoroughly, time seemed to pass by right in front of your eyes. You realised through all those questions and worry, your work hours had finished. You quickly got up and found yourself racing to get to the coffee shop.

“Sorry I’m late unnie but I had a lot of work and-” you were surprised and stopped running in the shop when you saw a guy with JiMin. He was pretty cute and JiMin stopped talking with him when you arrived. She became embarrassed seeing that she hadn’t told you beforehand that she was supposed to do something and that was why this person was here. “Oh, unnie I didn’t know you were busy today. And who is this person?” you teased. JiMin straightened up but with pink cheeks, introduced the gentleman next to her. “Well, Katusnmi, this person here is YoonGi. YoonGi, this is my friend and co-worker Katsunmi.” You gave a cheery smile and the guy with casualty, gave out a friendly hand. “Hi nice to meet you.” You gladly took his hand and in reply, “Hi it’s finally nice to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you.” You teased JiMin. YoonGi was a bit shocked but smiled at JiMin with that comment. “I see. I hope that she hasn’t said anything too overwhelming about me.” He joked. You laughed softly and through the greeting, you seemed to understand what YoonGi was like. “well, I’ll be going for the rest of the night so please do your best and keep the shop nice and orderly. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t forget to lock up.” You nodded convincingly. “Who do you think I am? Don’t you trust me?” you joked. JiMin just gave you glaring eyes. “Sure, I’ll definitely lock up, don’t worry.” “OK, we are going to head off now. Take care.” JiMin said and she brought YoonGi with her out the door. “Have fun” you shouted out as they left.

You worked through the whole night. It was really nice. You got out the cakes and coffee cups and went along with every order. By the time you were closing up, one last customer walked through the door. In the midst of the silence, you were cleaning all the tables but when you heard the bell tinkle, you looked up to see a man looking at you. “Good evening” you greeted with a bow. When you looked up with a working smile and said, “What would you li-” you stopped. It was Hugo-nim. “Hello Lady Katsunmi. Long-time no see.”

“So what you’re saying right now is that, I’m invited to the wedding? For real?” you raised an eyebrow. You saw Hugo-nim nod and reply, “I think I’m going to ask you a favour but it is one last favour.” “What are you saying, why am I invited? If I wasn’t invited to the engagement then I was surely not invited to the wedding.” You shook your head slightly; disapproving to believe what Hugo-nim was saying was real. But what was the benefit for him, and why is he convincing you so much about this situation? It didn’t make sense. “Why, out of all people, do you want the wedding to happen?” you crossed your arms to make your stance strong. You wanted an answer for your questions, you needed these answers. Hugo-nim sighed and wiped his palms down his legs. “OK, I will tell you the reason behind this. I love you.”

What?! Realising what he just said was a bit out of context, he explained further, “What I mean is, I care for you. Katsunmi, since the first day you stepped into the Kim residence, there was just… there was something about you. I watched you interact with Himchan ever since the first day and I was very happy. Himchan has changed for the better when he met you. He isn’t as stuck up and cruel, he wasn’t as cold as before, he gained a heart. Katsunmi, you did this. But now, since you went through all of this and he is no longer able to see you, even though you do not see it, he is breaking. He is becoming cold again and I don’t want to see him falling down. He needs to find happiness again and this wedding will solve this.”

“So instead of stopping it, you want me to accept that I have to let him go and let him be wed to another girl for him to be happy?”
“No, what I’m saying is that--”, he sighed, “well, OK. That is what I’m saying but only because I care for you.”
“But you do know that this is not enough for me to accept this. I don’t want Himchan to be married and you are telling me otherwise. I thought you said you cared for me, so why are you telling me to let go?”
“I said that I cared for you but it has been my responsibility to look after Himchan and his well-being. My priorities are always with Himchan and it will stay that way. I want you to move on and so that the both of you can be happy. This will not work. Himchan will have to get married for his own benefit and I’m sorry to say that you have to let go.”
The whole time you were listening, you almost burst into tears hearing his persuasive voice.

Hugo-nim was one of the rare people with the biggest hearts. You were so touched to have someone like him care for you but you didn’t need it. “Hugo-nim, thank you for caring about us and all but really you don’t have to do this. Fine, I’ll go to the wedding and tell him to marry her. Then, I’ll stay away after that. I’ll let him go.”
“NO! Aren’t you listening to me? I’m not telling you to go away. Himchan is the one who is going to do that.”
“What are you saying? I don’t get it” you were already hurt but when he said that, you were curious and wanted to know the rest of it.
“The plan was for Himchan to marry so that the company will rise higher than any other business in Korea and also the shares from Japan will increase the shares in Korea. This will only happen when the parents have made the deal with Asuna’s parents and marrying them together is the only way that’ll work.”
“Yes yes, I get that part, I know but what about Himchan?”
“Himchan was going to run away from his priorities so that he could be with you but now, the Kims are seeing you as an obstacle, a burden and so they are persuading me to get rid of you. I can only think of this solution, it was the least hurtful to the both of you. Himchan was going to marry Asuna and then leave for Japan. I don’t know how long but I figured it wasn’t a short trip. With this in mind, I don’t think that your relationship would work out well so please; consider it and come to the wedding to say goodbye. I don’t want to do this but there’s no other way.”
You felt your mind going in a daze. How could Hugo-nim speak to you like that? You didn’t like this feeling. You started to fume and your heart boiled. He did not just tell you to move on. You’ve only started to keep this relationship alive; through all the hardships and the accidents but now he was telling you to say goodbye. You didn’t want to say goodbye, ever. You felt a tear slide down your cheek. Why is this happening to me? You never thought that it would turn out like this.
Hugo-nim was heartbroken at the sight of you. You have lost colour in your face since he stopped talking and he could see the confusion and sadness through your eyes. As much as he cared for you, there was nothing he could do but follow orders. “Think about it but I’m hoping that you will do what is right. I’ll see you at the wedding,” and with that he left.

-------------------

Your POV:

I sat there in mere silence and I didn’t know what to do. Should I even go? I don’t want to if the reason was to say goodbye. But what about Himchan? It’s for his own good isn’t it? Maybe I am a burden. I don’t think I’ll be able to handle it if he was to go away for so long. Mr and Mrs Kim sure want me to go away and maybe I should; just for now until everything is alright again. I don’t know when that is but I hope it wouldn’t be too far. Himchan always told me to wait. I’ve been waiting for almost two years now, I can manage to wait a little longer. Whew, what am I saying? So, I should go to the wedding, if it will make Himchan feel better then I’ll go see him. I should explain to him that it will be the end for us, just for now until he comes back. That means it’s a goodbye but… I hope it’s a goodbye that will have a hello to it. No, I shouldn’t go but I should but I shouldn’t ARGH!!! I fuzzled my hair in pure annoyance. What am I going to do?

-----------------

Back to the present:

Pacing up and down I was getting more nervous by the second. I was in the hallway, right in front of a door in the chapel where the wedding was held. This was the day and this was it. It was almost time; all I had to do now was wait for Hugo-nim. The moment I saw him step into the hallway, the faster my heart beat increased and the more I felt like running away. As he came closer, I wished that my feet would just take off and go hide but he was so close now.
“OK, I stalled some time for you to speak with him.” He pulled out the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. He had them locked so that Himchan couldn’t run away. You opened it and took a step inside. It was a typical, large dressing room with seats, a mirror and some beverages on a nearby table. The whole room was painted white with few furnishings. There was a last minute crew who were frolicking around the room. During the whole chaos, one person sitting alone at the couch and drinking some light champagne caught your eyes and you caught his too. They widened in surprise, not ever expecting you to be here. You didn’t even think that you would be here. He blinked his eyes in disbelief and stood up from the seat. You were so afraid that all you could do was stand there. The crew pushed you aside as they were walking in and out of the door so you had to step to the side a bit. Himchan couldn’t believe it, “Why are you here?” it was said in a frightened tone yet also a relieved tone. He came towards you in full speed and hugged you. “I missed you” he said, just like always when he came to see you. You were thinking about what you were going to say so you didn’t reply to him. He found that odd and got worried. “Are you OK?”
You looked up to him with teary eyes. I don’t want to do this but I have to. “Himchan” you said after a moment, this was it, “Himchan, let’s break up.”

------------------------

Author’s note:

Hey guys hope you enjoyed the chapter…. It is going pretty slow but I think that’s just me, I want to quickly finish this story. I hope to see your comments and please wait for me, I’ll have an update as soon as possible. Thanks for your support :)