Chapter - 2 : Confused

Swapping members

 

The front door swung open and leader Suho stepped in without his usual angelic smile. Maknae Sehun rushed out, beginning to tattletale on how his hyungs shot him dead with words.

“Junmyeon hyung, hyung deul bullied me, Chanyeollie hyung, Baekhyun hyung..”

“Sehunnie, not now. Call your hyungs. I’ve got an important announcement.” Said Suho, his tone soft but anyone could sense something’s going on.

Maknae stood up and knocked on each bedroom door and the members poured out, with Kyungsoo tugging JongIn along and Chanyeol wrapping Baekhyun in his arms.

“Hyung? Why so serious?” Chanyeol tried to loosen up the tension-filled atmosphere with his happy virus but Suho remained serious.

“No one is to protest until I finish talking, okay?” Suho started. The members stole glances at each other wondering what could possibly have gone wrong.

“The company wants a vocal member from K and M to swap.” Suho paused, checking the expressions of s. They all had questioning looks for a while there, but being warned that they weren’t allowed to say a word, they naturally backed down.

“That means, yes, Baekhyun or Kyungsoo will have to move and we will have either Jongdae or Luhan hyung.”

Their faces turned from confused, then alarmed and lastly disbelief, well, except maknae.

“Reallyyy? Yay, I want Luhannie hyung!!!!” He made the last syllable sound so prolonged in a very adorable way but none of his hyungs seemed to acknowledge it.

“No way.” JongIn muttered under his breath. “Yes, no way for me too. I’m sorry to say this but we’re Baekyeol, we can’t be separated,” Chanyeol said, tightening his grip on Baekhyun’s shoulders.

“We’re also Kaisoo, hyung, we’re supposed to be inseparable too!” JongIn started to raise his voice but immediately lowered by a glare from his leader.

The two subjects remained silent, muddled in their own thoughts. As much as they love M members, both of them couldn’t afford to leave the love of their lives. It was harder in Kyungsoo’s case because he and the younger boy had yet to be official. He, of course, also didn’t want to see his two lovebird buddies apart.

“Who gets to decide who to leave then? The company?” Chanyeol asked, his tone dissatisfied.

“Among yourselves. I won’t have a say in this. I love all of you enough to understand what you guys will have to go through.” Suho sighed for the nth time that day. “And you’ve got a little over a month.” Suho picked up his backpack from the floor and walked slowly to the door.

Baekhyun held out his hand to Chanyeol who was sitting with his arms crossed.

“Let’s go to sleep, Yeol, come on.” The younger boy was unwilling to move, sulking. His normally happy virus grin totally wiped out from his beautiful face.

“Yeol, come on now, it’s late, do you expect me to drag this gigantic body of yours?” Then he turned to JongIn and Kyungsoo, who were wearing the same expressions as Chanyeol .

“Go sleep, you two, especially you JongIn, I heard you gaming till morning last night.”

“Park Chanyeol, if you don’t get up now, I swear I’m going to lock up the door and..” Suddenly Chanyeol got up so fast, lifted Baekhyun bridal style and stomped towards the room.

Once they were inside, Chanyeol pinned Baekhyun against the door that made the smaller boy squint his eyes in pain but the pain was quickly forgotten as he felt warm lips attacking his own with such urgency that anyone would think there’s no tomorrow for them.

Both of them plomped down on bed after thoroughly exhausting their passion for each other and washed themselves for bed.

Baekhyun was about to climb onto his own bed when a pair of strong arms pulled him from the waist and held him down.

“Baek, how could you think about sleeping alone while we merely have a month to be together?” said Chanyeol, holding Baekhyun against his chest.

“Don’t say that, Yeol. It’s not like we’ll never see each other again. Plus, we still don’t know who will go.” Baekhyun said, reaching up to the taller boy’s cheeks.

“I just have a bad feeling that it would be you. Don’t know why. I don’t want you to go, Baek. I would be so lonely!” Chanyeol whined while kissing his boyfriend’s forehead.

“I don’t want to either. Please, Chan, let’s not think about it right now. We’ve got an early morning tomorrow. Night, hon, I love you.” Baekhyun snuggled in closer to Chanyeol, taking in the scent of his love, sighing to himself that he never want to live without Chanyeol although he was very much willing to do anything for the teams’ sake.

In Kaisoo’s room, JongIn was nervously fidgeting with the corner of his blanket, watching Kyungsoo preparing for bed.  An awkward silence was in the air and it became more unbearable to JongIn when his hyung flicked off the lights. “Goodnight, JongIn.”

“Hyung..” JongIn called, nervous about what he was supposed to say. He mentally facepalmed when he remembered his confrontation with Chanyeol a few minutes ago. That Kaisoo was inseparable.

“Hmm..?” replied Kyungsoo, sleepily.

“Are you going to move?” said JongIn.

“I’m not sure. I guess I’ll have to, you know, Baekhyun wouldn’t want to with his silly happy virus left behind.”

That shut JongIn up. There was no way he could stop his hyung from going. But he plucked up his last ounce of courage.” What about me hyung? Don’t you care about me?”

Kyungsoo turned to face JongIn who was anticipating an answer. “I know you can take care of yourself, kid. You can’t just depend on me all the time. Now sleep.” Kyungsoo said as nonchalantly as he could manage. But his insides had all shrunken up due to too much cramming of suppressed feelings. He was pondering a moment ago whether to argue with Chanyeol that he didn’t want to go because he fricking couldn’t leave JongIn either but it seemed like all his self-control hadn’t deteriorated all these years that he managed to keep his mouth shut.

Kyungsoo heard the younger boy let out a snort, which he normally does when he’s upset.

“Once I get out of Seoul, I’ll be able to forget about this barely-legal aged y dancing machine.” He convinced himself, shakily before drifting off to sleep.

 

Yay.. 21 subbies! I really love you guys. I would love you more if you guys leave me comments. I'm obsessed with comments. :D Anyways, 2nd chpter is up. The next update would be in a few days. Again, thanks for reading.