H is for Hot

Alphabet Romance

H is for Hot

“How…did we…”

“…get into this mess?”

The four males winced as the respective girls that they followed squealed in a high pitch voice.

“Aish! Could you girls shut up?! My ear is ringing!” one of them finally screamed back, earning him a glare from his girlfriend.

“Lee HoWon, you had absolutely no obligation to come with us, so I suggest you be quiet and let us do as we please,” DaeHee retorted with a hiss before returning to giddily exchanging stories with the two other girls in the back. With a sigh, he turned back with a groan, unable to really argue back the truth of that statement. A chuckle next to him snapped him out of his sulking state.

“I have to say that I’m quite surprised that DaeHee is such a big fan of Block B. Would have never thought she was such a big fangirl,” YoungJae commented.

“She’s still a girl, YoungJae,” DaeHyun defended with a playful glare. “And for the record, she has always been a huge fan of Block B, but she knew no one in our house would be willing to fangirl with her so she just kept it to herself. I guess all that pent up need has just come exploding out now.”

“Figures that all the girls would like the same group,” grumbled HoWon.

“For the record, your girl converted Kae, who knew NOTHING about all of this until DaeHee decided to share her love for them,” scoffed YoungJae, as if insulted that he would group Kae with the rest of them.

“Don’t speak about my sister as if she was a disease,” DaeHyun scolded, earning him a nonchalant shrug from YoungJae.

Another scream broke whatever argument the three were going to have again.

“Can you girls at least be quiet so I don’t crash?” YongGuk requested as kindly as possible.

“Yes sir~” the three of them chimed before giggling quietly to themselves, receiving a collective sigh from the three boys.

JiEun, who was sitting in the passenger seat of the van, turned to YongGuk with a smile, “Isn’t it nice to see them have fun?”

“Peachy.”

~

 The whole waiting in line for the autographs went without a hitch. The girls all got in line as the boys waited outside patiently from afar (while still being able to keep an eye on them).

“So how exactly did JiEun-noona get tickets to the fanmeet? I thought it was a random drawing…or so I’ve heard,” asked YoungJae curiously. YongGuk shook his head.

“I’m sure she pulled some strings. Said something about bonding time for the girls and what not. I don’t question her when she’s got her mind set on something. I’m sure no one was hurt in the process,” YongGuk answered nonchalantly as HoWon stared in awe.

DaeHyun answered his unspoken question, “Don’t underestimate JiEunnie-noona. Just because she’s sweet and caring doesn’t mean she’s not above sneaking through some back doors, especially if it’s for people she cares about.”

“JiEunnie-noona’s actually super rich. Her dad is the CEO of Song Entertainment, but JiEunnie-noona has always been really interested in helping out others in need and whatnot. TaeSung is a good friend of her father’s, so that’s how JiEunnie-noona started working under TS and met the other Secret girls. She doesn’t act it, but JiEunnie-noona is totally willing to pull some strings if need be,” YoungJae informed quietly as HoWon watched in awe as JiEun patted Kae on the head in a very motherly way.

“I clearly went for the wrong girl.”

“Yah,” YongGuk warned in a low voice, earning him a chuckle from HoWon, who immediately said he was kidding.

HoWon scowled when she turned back to see the girls jumping up and down in being next.

“So can someone tell me why exactly my crazy girlfriend who refuses to even call me by name let alone anything endearing is cooing so fondly at this…monkey looking character?” HoWon complained as he glared as DaeHee presented P.O with her present and asked him to do aegyo for her back. She squealed in delight when he compiled more than willing and even gave her a hug.

“Is someone jealous?” YoungJae teased with a smirk.

“I’m not…jealous…I’m just ticked off! What the hell, man?! I can’t even get a cute giggle let alone a full on squeal attack! THIS IS DISCRIMINATION!” HoWon continued ranting.

“Oh yeah, not jealous at all,” DaeHyun answered with a shake of his head. Despite acting indifferent, YoungJae didn’t miss the peeved look on DaeHyun when JaeHyo patted EunWoo on the head.

“My gosh, you guys are stupid,” YoungJae complained.

“YoungJae! He…he touched her head!” DaeHyun finally complained out loud. “Who does that pretty boy think he is? I’m the pretty boy around here! EunWoo said so!”

“DaeHyunnie, you sound like a whiny teenager,” YongGuk stated in monotone as he watched JiEun exchange greetings with Zico politely. Unlike the other two idiots, YongGuk wasn’t bothered by all this trivial interaction that his girlfriend was having with some idol boys. Granted, he knew JiEun was just here more for hanging out with the rest of the girls than anything else.

“He is a whiny teenager,” YoungJae corrected, earning him a glare from his best friend.

“Yeah, well, what about Kae? Your little girlfriend sure is quite happy around Mr. All-Smiles-And-No-Eyes,” DaeHyun threw back.

“She’s not my girlfriend, DaeHyun. Get that through your thick skull,” YoungJae informed with a scoff as he watched Kae with a genuine smile. He was proud of her for how much she had progressed. Granted, never in his enter life would he have wished that it hadn’t been DaeHee that she started taking after…but he couldn’t help but be grateful for the boisterous girl. He noticed how she held herself more confidently around people, mingled with the other fans, and even made direct eye contact with the Block B boys as she asked for their autograph. There wasn’t a hint of jealousy in YoungJae’s eyes.

And that bothered DaeHyun to no end.

“Dude.”

“What?”

“You really don’t care about Kae at all,” he stated as a matter of fact.

“What are you talking about? Of course I care about-”

“No, not like that. You really don’t have any feelings for her?” DaeHyun rephrased, looking honestly shocked at YoungJae’s indifference. The younger shook his head in certain.

“She’s…like my little sister. I don’t think I could really develop feelings for her. Besides, I don’t even think she can understand emotions like that at the moment,” YoungJae answered back truthfully. He stared at DaeHyun in confusion as the older of the two threw him a worried look. “What?”

“YoungJae…are you sure…you’d be okay if another guy dated Kae?” he asked carefully. YoungJae looked insulted.

“Dude, I don’t even want to think about it. This is Kae we’re talking about. She can barely make friends right now and I’m sure as hell she doesn’t understand being attracted to the other ,” he scoffed in annoyance, getting fairly worked up with DaeHyun’s questioning.

“…YoungJae…I’m serious…I don’t want you to get hurt and quite frankly, I don’t think you CAN deal with Kae being with someone. You should really reconsider how you feel about her,” DaeHyun told him wisely before running up to the girls with HoWon when they got out of line, ready to go home, leaving YoungJae to ponder over it.

What was so wrong about not thinking about Kae romantically? Is it so impossible for them to just be friends?

He didn’t understand why this was such a problem that the usual mischievous Jung DaeHyun had to give him such unnerving advice like that.

A few days after that incident…he understood exactly why it was a problem.

~

“Im JaeBum. I’m going to skin you alive,” DaeHyun glared heatedly at the younger male, who shrugged, not even the least bit phased by the older’s threat.

“I second that,” HoWon grumbled as he shook his head in disbelief.

“JAEBUMMIE, YOU ARE MY FAVORITE PERSON EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!” DaeHee squealed as she tackled the poor kid, who was having trouble standing up with DaeHee swinging back and forth like a madwoman.

“Jung DaeHee! I will take away my offer if you don’t get off me this instance!” JaeBum threatened, getting the usual defiant girl to comply at once. “…wow, I didn’t think that would work that well.”

“YAH!” HoWon complained, stomping up to DaeHee. He grabbed her wrist and yanked her to face him as he glared. “Are you seriously this obsessed with these blockheads? You’re acting like a love sick puppy! It’s disgusting!”

DaeHee pouted, “Don’t be rude. They’re called Block B and you know it. What’s with you? You said that they were pretty good and you like their style.”

HoWon scoffed as he glared off to the side. With a knowing smirk, DaeHee pulled HoWon down and kissed him fully on the lips, shocking the male. An uncharacteristic blush appeared on his stunned face as she pulled away.

“Better?”

He just nodded silently, still trying to process what was happening at the very quick reminder he just got of why he preferred the reckless DaeHee over the squealing, fangirling DaeHee.

As DaeHyun glared in disgust (he still wasn’t accustomed to seeing his twin sister with her boyfriend and probably won’t ever), he felt a tap on her shoulder. When he turned around, he was surprised by a quick peck on the lips. He mindlessly stared at EunWoo, who just smiled brightly at him.

“You’ll always be my pretty boy,” she reassured. At his confused look, she giggled and answered his silent question. “YoungJae told me you were a bit jealous at the fansigning event.”

DaeHyun blushed and turned away. “I wasn’t jealous...”

EunWoo giggle at his behavior and nodded in agreement to his obvious lie. He bit his lip to hide his smile when she affectionately wrapped her arms around his arm to comfort him.

YongGuk tapped JiEun’s shoulder. She turned to him as he asked her, “Are you going with them?”

She shook her head. “I know how much the other girls like Block B. I wouldn’t want to impose too much on the group. Bonding with the girls was fun though~”

YongGuk chuckled, ruffling her hair with a gummy smile on his face. She pouted at him for messing up her hair, but quickly forgave him when he pecked her gently on the cheek.

“Ah, come on, girls! You want to look your best for Block B, don’t you?” JiEun inquired, pulling away from YongGuk, much to his disappointment.

“Oh, yes, JiEunnie-unnie does the best make-up after SunSun!” DaeHee cheered, flying towards JiEun and stealing her from YongGuk.

“Don’t you dare look hotter for that monkey than you do for me!” HoWon called out shamelessly, earning a well-deserved smack on the head from EunWoo, who shook her head in disapproval at him before following Kae to DaeHee’s room.

~

 “How long does it take for girls to dress up?” JaeBum grumbled as he moved his bishop out of danger from YoungJae’s knight.

“Hours, Kid, hours,” HoWon responded as he aimlessly flipped through a magazine for the sake of doing something while he waited.

“Why are you even here…it’s not like you’re going to meet Block B with them…” HimChan questioned with a raised eyebrow.

“Because I need to approve the outfit my girl’s gonna wear,” HoWon answered with a roll of his eyes as if it was obvious. HimChan glared at him.

“Yah, you know DaeHee hates it when you’re being a controlling .”

HoWon laughed, “I know, I’m just kidding. …but I still want to see what she’s wearing.”

“Jealous?” DaeHyun smirked, earning him a silent glare from HoWon.

“Oh, Noona! You look pretty~ Where are you going?” the boys perked up at JunHong’s voice from down the hall.

“Going to see Block B~ Noona looks good?” DaeHee responded as she pranced down the hall.

“Neh~” was JongUp’s short answer as they appeared before them. HoWon immediately attacked DaeHee when he saw her, bombarding her with questions about her choice of clothing and how “inappropriate” it looked. The rest of the girls followed. As DaeHyun fussed over EunWoo, YoungJae’s eyes widened as Kae bounded over to him immediately.

“Jae! How does it look?”

Silence.

“…Jae?”

…………

“…does it not look good?”

Before he could stop himself, his mouth opened and he said the first thing that came to his mind.

“Take it off.”

Kae stared back with wide eyes.

“Yah! Yoo YoungJae! What the hell?!” screamed DaeHee as she bolted over and patted Kae’s head to comfort her.

“Jae…doesn’t like it?” she whispered quietly as she looked down at the floor. His eyes nearly bulged out of his head when he finally realized what he said.

“No! I…I didn’t mean that…you…you look really pretty, Kae,” he stuttered, almost falling backwards when she perked up immediately at his compliment and smiled brightly at him. DaeHee didn’t miss the ever so subtle stutter.

She smirked as she thought, ‘Ooooh…how interesting…’

But before she could do anything, YoungJae excused himself and went up to his room.

“Tch, boring,” DaeHee commented as Kae stared at YoungJae’s retreating back image in confusion.  Before Kae could go after him, DaeHee grabbed her wrist and pulled her back with a smile.

“But…Jae…”

“Don’t worry. He’ll come down later. Let him blow off some steam,” DaeHee answered as she pulled Kae along with her back to the group.

“Steam?”

Kae didn’t ask any more questions as DaeHee led her away, but she threw one last uncertain glance back to where YoungJae ran off to.

~

YoungJae ran into the bathroom and splashed water in his face a few times. His face felt warm and his heart was racing.

“What the hell?!” he screamed out as he glared at his own frustrated face in the mirror. He didn’t even bother turning off the faucet let alone wiping off his face. His ears listened to the running water, drowning out the dripping sound of the droplets that streamed down his face onto his chin. His breath was ragged as he closed his eyes to try and calm his rapidly beating heart.

He didn’t understand.

He had never felt this way before.

He’s seen DaeHee and the other Secret girls dress up all the time (and in even more formal or ier outfits nonetheless). All Kae was wearing was a nice loose white blouse over a blank tank top and a pair of skinny jeans and yet…

YoungJae felt his face grew warm again.

He splashed more water on his face in hopes of “washing” out the image in his head.

Cursing under his breath as he blamed DaeHyun for screwing with him earlier, he decided to finally wipe his face off before making his way back to the group.

He wasn’t going to admit it.

Nope.

It was too weird to think about.

But as he peeked back out to look, he felt his face become warm again.

He didn’t want to admit it.

…but Kae was hot.

And that thought opened up all sorts of thoughts he hadn’t even known he had been harboring for Kae.

……

“.”

 

=====================================================================

 

Okay, for all of those that have been shamelessly shipping JK (LOL), please realize that YoungJae really had no romantic feelings for her up until this point because he could only really ever see her like a child.

So, NOW you can start shipping JK. Kekekekekekeke…:P

I hope you all know that the main images for each chapters are more for my own amusement than anything else. XD

~Kira :3

P.S. Happy 23rd/24th Birthday, Diva Embarrassment Umma of B.A.P, Kim HimChan! BABYz have really missed you and can’t wait to see you on stage again! ^ ^