G is for Girlfriend?

Alphabet Romance

G is for Girlfriend?

 

 “Channie-oppa?”

“Hm?” hummed the older male as he flew across the kitchen in his pink apron with a hot frying pan, freshly cooked pancakes ready to be transferred on a plate.

“What’s a couple?”

“A couple? A couple of what?” HimChan asked absentmindedly as he placed the pan into the sink and grabbed some syrup.

“Just…a couple. I heard some girls at my school call me and YoungJae a couple. What’s a couple?” she clarified, blinking innocently as HimChan nearly dropped the plate of pancakes he just made.

He laughed nervously, placing the plate on the table and smiled sweetly at her, “Well…a couple is…when two people love each other or…they are attracted to each other and so they spend a lot of time together rather than with other people.”

“So then…Jae and Kae are a couple?” Kae asked with a cute of her head.

“Well…not exactly…I mean…you need to be boyfriend and girlfriend to be a couple…not just…friends. The two people have to agree to…be a couple…” HimChan tried to phrase in the most easily understandable manner possible.

“But…Jae is a boy…and my friend…why can’t Jae be my boy friend?” she wondered with a pout on her face.

“I mean…y-yes…he’s your friend but…he’s not…your…boyfriend…unless you two go out…”

“Don’t we go outside all the time?”

“No, like…dating…go out, not just…leaving this apartment…”

“Dating? What’s dating?”

“…oh dear God, someone help me….”

“Channie-oppa, what does God have to do with any of this? Would God tell me if Jae is my boyfriend? I must meet this God person to find answers!”

“No! Kae!”

She stopped and turned around. He sighed, grabbing her hands and smiled.

“It’s hard, isn’t it? There are still certain things you don’t quite understand and won’t really be able to understand right now. But…with them…I’m sure you will. So that no one misunderstands, don’t call YoungJae your boyfriend carelessly, okay? Until you understand what that means…then you can decide, okay?” HimChan reasoned gently as he patted her head. She just stared up at him with an adorable yet confused look on her face. He chuckled, kissing her on the forehead.

“I’m sure you’ll understand soon enough. How you feel about YoungJae…”

“Jae is my most important person,” she said confidently.

“Of course he is, Jagiyah. That’s what he means to you. He’s your everything. But how do you feel about him?” HimChan tried to help distinguish the difference between the two for her.

“Jae makes me feel…happy…” she answered truthfully.

“Do I make you feel happy?”

“…yes…”

“Then he isn’t much different than me.”

“But…” she tried to think of words to express how she felt. She couldn’t. She never thought about it before. At her pout, HimChan patted her head reassuringly again.

“It’s okay. Don’t strain yourself. You’ll understand when it’s time.”

Kae sighed.

When was that going to be?

~

“Yah! What are you doing?!”

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m decorating the cake!”

“You have to put the icing on first before you can put the fruits on top!”

“I wanted to try something different!”

“But it looks weird if you do that!”

“Well, I want to do it, so give me back the icing!”

“Only if you do it properly!”

“I give you guys another week before you break loose and kill each other,” laughed YoungJae as he came in and swiped some icing off the cake they had put on.

“Hey!” the couple chorused simultaneously, glaring at YoungJae, who just shrugged and smirked. With a growl, DaeHee grabbed the icing from HoWon and pointed it threateningly at YoungJae, who raised his arms in surrender.

“Don’t make me ice your face,” she cursed as she stuck her tongue out at both boys and continued with her unique “creation” of YongGuk’s cake. HoWon shook his head as YoungJae just stared in awe.

“How do you deal with that thing?” he asked with a shake of his head. “I mean…bad enough as her friend, but as a girlfriend? Gosh, she must be a handful. Props to you, man.”

HoWon just laughed with a nod, high-fiving YoungJae, as DaeHee fumed at the side, glaring at the two of them, mostly YoungJae. She scoffed in annoyance, but ignored them as she continued decorating their leader’s birthday cake. However, the more they talked (about how horrible of a girlfriend she was), the more pissed off she was getting.

Finally, she turned around and put icing on HoWon’s face.

“Yah!”

“As if you’re the perfect boyfriend!” she hissed. “I want to break up!”

“Yeah, right. As if anyone else in this world could deal with you,” HoWon laughed as DaeHee continued glaring at him. Slowly, he stopped laughing and hugged her gently. “I’m just teasing. You know I love you, right?”

DaeHee scoffed at him, turning so he couldn’t see the smile itching to break out on her face. God damn it, she wanted to pretend to stay mad at him a little longer. YoungJae just shook his head at their ridiculous behavior. Weirdest couple ever.

Once she felt HoWon had enough tormenting, she turned to the smirking YoungJae with a sweet smile.

“So how are things with Kae, JaeJae?” she asked innocently.

YoungJae shrugged, “Not bad at the moment…I’ve met two of her other personalities so far…I’m sure there’s more…I’m really just playing this all by intuition…there’s no known treatment for this…”

“Who? Loco girl?” HoWon asked as he made circles around his ears. YoungJae glared at him silently, unable to really retort since it wasn’t far from the truth.

“Be nice. That’s JaeJae’s potential girlfriend,” smirked DaeHee as she went back to icing the cake. HoWon tried to hold back a chuckle at the absolutely indignant look on YoungJae’s face.

“G-G-Girlfriend?! Yah!”

She turned with an innocent, surprised look on her face. “Of course! I mean…look how close and kind you are to her! It’s very unusual for you, you know? I mean she’s very pretty~ And super cute. When are you planning on getting in her pants?”

“…can you please at least pretend you have some class? You talk like a hormonal teenage boy,” YoungJae countered.

“Oh please. As if you’ve never thought of it,” she chuckled.

“For your information, I haven’t! We’re not like that in any way! If you haven’t noticed, she has some PROBLEMS and I’m trying to help! Not…any of that crazy you’re thinking of!” YoungJae grumbled, a blush forming on his face from embarrassment. He shivered at the thought.

“But damn, YoungJae. I have to say, she’s quite a looker. I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets hit on,” HoWon commented with a wolf whistle.

“Yah! Don’t you dare look at her like that!” YoungJae defended immediately.

“Man, if I was a guy, I would tap that,” DaeHee added.

“JUNG DAEHEE.”

“What? You would too if you would open your eyes. Don’t you think she’s cute?” DaeHee asked.

“Well…I mean…it’s not like…she looks bad…but-”

“So you think she’s cute.”

“I mean…I guess I do, but-”

“So you’d tap that.”

“…I’m going to pummel you.”

“Wah! HoWonnie! JaeJae is scaring meeeeee~”

“JUNG DAEHEE, GET BACK HERE!”

~

SCREAM.

In the midst of cooking some eggs for breakfast, YoungJae froze at the sound. He immediately turned off the heat and ran upstairs while grabbing a gun. He burst through the door unannounced as he pointed the gun around, completely guarded, to find…

…DaeHee and Kae…watching a video together?

“Isn’t he so cute?!” DaeHee squealed uncharacteristically of herself, causing YoungJae’s jaw to drop in shock.

“Cute! But…I like this one!” Kae agreed, pointing at another one of the guys, with a giggle. “Oh! Jae! Jae! Come look! Hee is showing me music! And look how cute this guy is! He is…umm…what was the word Hee used…precious! He’s precious!”

YoungJae stared blankly for a moment as Kae waved her hand in front of his face.

“You mean…you…and DaeHee…were…getting…along? …and I wasn’t even here? …am I dreaming?” YoungJae stuttered out in disbelief before smacking himself in the face. Kae panicked and grabbed his face to see if he was okay. He waved her off with a smile.

“You want to see Kae’s man?” DaeHee cackled, turning her laptop in YoungJae’s direction with a video from YouTube paused at a boy with dirty blond hair smiling at the camera in the middle of singing.

“Who is that?”

“U-Kwon from Block B,” DaeHee answered. “Only the best boy group ever. I would be friends with them.”

“Says a lot about this group,” YoungJae retorted with a smirk at the indignant expression DaeHee threw him.

“Kwonnie is cute!” Kae cheered as she gushed at how cute he was to DaeHee in a language that YoungJae was no longer able to understand. But he smiled anyways and stared at the two.

Whoever this Block B was, he should thank them for bring two very unlikely people together.

~

Whoever this Block B was, he was going to kill them.

“Kae…I really don’t need to know what outfit U-Kwon is wearing for the music show tonight. It really doesn’t concern me,” YoungJae complained as Kae tried to show him her phone, which DaeHee had taught her not too long ago how to use to look things up.

Kae looked up, shocked at the harsh tone of voice YoungJae used with her.

“Am I…bothering you?” Kae asked quietly, tears shimmering in her eyes, threatening to fall any second if YoungJae didn’t explain himself soon.

“No, no…I just…don’t get as excited about these things like DaeHee does, so it just doesn’t interest me…it’s okay though…if you want to…um…fangirl about Lock B…”

Kae giggled, “Jae is silly. It’s Block B, not Lock B.”

“Like it matters,” he muttered under his breath before changing the subject. “You want to watch a movie tonight? The Secret girls have been dying to have a movie night.”

“No thanks, Jae. Eunnienie is taking me and Hee to the Block B fansigning event tonight!” she cheered in excitement. YoungJae frowned.

“A fansigning event? There’s going to be a lot of people there…are you sure you’ll be okay? What if you get bullied? Or pushed around? I don’t want you getting hurt…” he questioned in concern.

Kae smiled, “Hee will protect me.”

That stung. YoungJae wasn’t sure why. But those words stung like a .

“Ah…so you trust DaeHee to protect you but not me.”

“Huh? I didn’t-”

“No, it’s fine. Go have fun with your girl friends. I’m glad you’re all bonding over something.”

“Jae…”

He threw her a smile.

“I’m fine. Just go.”

YoungJae turned around to leave, only to be stopped by Kae grabbing onto his arm. He stared into her eyes and regretted it immediately. With a sigh, he patted her head and removed his hands.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be here when you’re back,” YoungJae reassured, but Kae shook her head.

“Come…to the fansign with me, Jae?”

Twitch.

“Please?”

Twitch.

“I…need Jae…”

Twitch.

“I guess…I’ll tell them I won’t go then…” she spoke sadly as she turned away.

With a sigh, YoungJae conceded, “Alright, I’ll go.”

“Yay!” she cheered immediately, throwing her arms around YoungJae. “JaeJae’s the best!”

“…yah! Did you just trick me?!”

“You can’t take it back!”

“Kim KaeYeon! I’m disappointed in you! Did you learn that from DaeHee?!”

“Hee taught me a lot of things!” she giggled happily.

“Oh gosh…someone help me…I don’t need another DaeHee to deal with…” he groaned while looking over at Kae. He smiled as he watched her bounce up and down happily, extremely excited for the fansigning event that night. Although this whole new obsession with Block B was fairly irritating, YoungJae wasn’t about to go rain on her parade for no reason. Besides, despite his earlier protest, he felt a lot better since he was also going.

But at the same time, he was going to kill DaeHee for introducing her to Block B.

YoungJae was mildly irritated at how the relationship of the two girls’ progressed.

He was irritated.

He wasn’t jealous or anything.

Well…

Not yet, he wasn’t…

 

=====================================================================

 

I dunno…

 

….

I hate YoungJae.

~Kira :3

P.S. Happy 23rd/24th birthday, Gummy Leader, Bang YongGuk! :D

P.P.S. Happy 22nd/23rd birthday, HoAegi-you're-an--I-hate-you, Lee HoWon! ^ ^