Facing His Past

Real Love is Eternal

A/N: Sorry guys, school started and I got hecks of a lot busier haha. Ok so here's the next update while I'm cleaning up the rest of Kari's stories :D Enjoy!

Jae Hun made his way to the elevator, bowing to the stunned secretaries quickly. Byunghun followed his lead and stepped into the elevator.

A silence fell on the father and son once the doors closed. Jae Hun stood near the elevator buttons, his eyes narrowed at the bleared reflection in the gold walls.

Byunghun took a silent deep breath before opening his mouth to speak, "We'll-"

"You don't need to worry," Jae Hun cut in, turning his head to the side, "We won't interfere with your life after this is over, and I expect you to do the same..." he turned back to face forward, "I didn't need a father growing up and I don't need one now, or ever..." he mumbled coldly.

Byunghun stared at his son's back for a moment in deep thought before taking another deep breath and speaking, "We'll take my car..."

"So...that's why...I owe my life to him..." Chae Mi had just finished crying from recalling her memories.

"I see...does he know it's you...?" Tae Kyung asked gently as he sat beside her on the couch.

"I...I don't think so..." Chae Mi blinked in thought. Tae Kyung nodded once, "...Jae doesn't remember much about the accident, only that he'd never seen his mother in such a hysterical state..."

Chae Mi's shoulders sagged in depression, "...it's my fault...I-"

Tae Kyung shook his head, placing a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sure neither of them blames you. Neither are the type to hold grudges..."

"Mm...I guess...I wonder how Jae oppa is doing..." she pondered, sitting back in her seat.

Tae Kyung looked up at the wall clock, "He's been gone for a few hours already. He said he'd be back tonight but who knows?" he shrugged.

"I hope everything went ok...I only know that Jae oppa's appa abandoned ahjumma when she got pregnant with oppa...even though I don't know how oppa feels, I understand how hard it must be for him..."

Tae Kyung nodded and the two sat in silence, waiting for Jae Hun's return.

Jae Hun scoffed upon seeing Byunghun's white Lexus LFA parked underneath the Top Media building in a parking garage. Byunghun walked past the younger boy, heading to the driver's seat. He opened the door and looked up at his son who had stopped a couple of yards away from the car.

"What's wrong?" Byunghun blinked.

"...tsk" Jae Hun glared up at his father before walking over, quickly climbing into the passenger seat and slamming the door shut.

Byunghun sighed again before climbing into the driver's seat. He quickly started the engine, put on his seatbelt, and backed out of the parking lot. He slipped on his black Ray Bans and the radio as he drove down the road.

His music player played in the middle of the Be Ma Girl song from back in 2012.

The father and son sat in silence as Byunghun sped through the busy streets of Seoul. Jae Hun had crossed his arms and was looking out the window in deep thought.

Byunghun, finding the atmosphere too tense, cleared his throat lightly, "So...erm...y-you're in high school right? How is that going? You're in um...1st year? 2nd year right?"

Jae Hun narrowed his eyes at his faded reflection in the window, "3rd..."

Byunghun blinked in surprise, "3rd?! But aren't you only sixt-"

"Why are you even asking?" Jae Hun snapped, "I already told you...you're not my father, only by blood! You don't need to know a thing about me. We don't need to get to know each other because after this is over, we're going back to being strangers" Jae Hun hissed.

Byunghun pushed his tongue to his cheek as he saw Jae Hun angrily turn away from the corner of his eyes, making him sigh to himself again. The two were once again left in silence, Jae Hun only giving simple directions to get home.

Upon entering the suburban area of Seoul, Jae Hun reached for his phone and quickly made a call, "...hyeong" he spoke once the line was answered, "How's eomma?...Ok, thank you again hyeong...oh, uh...do you mind taking her home?....Yeah, now..." Jae Hun took a deep breath before speaking again, "Thank you again. Just tell eomma I'll be home in five minutes. Ok...mmhm...bye" he quickly hung up and slipped his phone back in his pocket.

"...who's taking care of her...?" Byunghun asked hesitantly.

Jae Hun paused before exhaling, "Friends from school..."

Byunghun nodded as he looked around the neighborhood Jae Hun had directed him to.

A few minutes later, Jae Hun told Byunghun to stop in front of his house. Jae Hun quickly climbed out of the car with his backpack.

Byunghun looked at the cozy house through the passenger window, watching as Jae Hun walked to the front door. He shut off the car engine and climbed out of the car as well, 'Kyon Soo's really done well for them...then again she always has...' he locked the car doors with the press of a button and walked up to stand next to Jae Hun who had just inserted the key into the lock, "Is Kyon Soo dating anyone?"

Jae Hun paused and glared directly at Byunghun, who had taken off his shades, before rolling his eyes and opening the door.

Byunghun blinked after him before scurrying inside.

Jae Hun shut the door and locked it before walking past his father who was looking around the quiet house from where he stood. Jae Hun tossed a pair of guest house slippers in front of Byunghun, having already changed into his own pair, and walked away, "Wait in the living room..." he spoke before disappearing into his mother's room.

Byunghun slipped off his shoes and slipped the house slippers on before heading into the living room as told. He continued looking around the living room and smiled in adoration upon seeing pictures in frames of Kyon Soo and Jae Hun through the years since elementary school.

Meanwhile, Jae Hun was helping his mother in her room. She had greeted him with a heart-warming smile before he sat next to her son on the bed, laughing at his mother's pouty expression.

"Yah! Just because I trust you to make your own decisions, doesn't mean you can just disappear without a call" she puffed up her cheeks.

Jae Hun chuckled, lowering his eyes to his hands on his knees afterwards, "Mianhae eomma..."

Kyon Soo blinked, her smile falling, "Mm? Jae Hun-ah...?" her voice gentled, a worried crease forming on her forehead, "Did something happen? Are you alright?" she asked, slowly scooting herself next to him and taking his face in her small hands.

Jae Hun met her eyes with his own saddened ones before taking her hands and holding them down near his knees, "I'm fine but..." he clenched his eyes shut, "I'm sorry eomma. I had no other choice" he blurted out before bursting into tears.

Kyon Soo's eyes widened and she reached up to wipe his tears in a panic, "Omo! Jae Hun-ah! It's ok! Just tell eomma, it's ok-"

"Ahniyo...it's not ok...but please eomma, will you keep an open mind...?" he looked up at her with home in his eyes.

Kyon Soo blinked at him before nodding, "Ok...I will...are you alright though? You're not hurt or anything are you?" she asked, worriedly inspecting his face.

Jae Hun nodded, letting out a gentle smile, "Neh...I'm fine"

Kyon Soo smiled in relief, wiping the remnants of his tears, "Ok..." she took an expressively dramatic deep breath, "Eomma's ready!" she fist pumped, making Jae Hun chuckled in amusement before he lowered his head again, "Tell eomma now" she smiled kindly.

"I think...it's better if I...show you..." Jae Hun replied.

"Mm? Ok...show eomma then" she blinked in curiosity.

Jae Hun hesitated before standing up and helping his mother up as well. Kyon Soo only blinked as she followed her son out of her bedroom and down the hallway. Jae Hun abruptly stopped before the living room came into view, causing Kyon Soo to lightly bump into his back, uttering a small 'eep' in surprise. She took a step back and blinked up at her son when he turned to her, his hair hiding his eyes.

"E-Eomma..." he looked at her and firmly held her shoulders.

"Oh?" she tilted her head.

"I need you to be strong, a-and even if you hate me...please, I beg you to consider this ok? Please!"

Kyon Soo blinked back in surprise, a little more tense now, "Jae Hun-ah...you're scaring me...what is it...?"

Jae Hun gulped and took a deep breath before taking her hands and leading her to the living room. Kyon Soo blinked at the back of a blonde head near the window. The familiar man was looking at the pictures on the table next to the window.

Kyon Soo's eyebrows furrowed as she looked back at Jae Hun, "Who is..." she trailed off as she gestured to the man. Jae Hun smiled sadly before turning to the blonde man who seemed to have just noticed them and also turned back to the mother and son.

A/N: Uh-oh! How do you think Kyon Soo's gonna take it? =3 till next time guys! - Mochi