Eomma

Real Love is Eternal

A/N: Kari and I hope you guys are liking this story so far :) she sends her greetings and hope you guys continue your support! ^-^ So, here's the next chapter of Real Love is Eternal. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: KimEunMi-ah does not own any recognizable material used in this story. She has full ©Copyright to the characters of Min Jae Hun, Min Kyon Soo, Byun Chae Mi, Byun Chung Ae, Lee Cho Hee and Lee Tae Kyung along with the main storyline, the groups Stellar, Something Vanilla, S.W.E.E.T., MIRAGE, and Berry Sweet. Please do not steal, copy, or reproduce in any way. Thank you and enjoy!

^ Jae Hun's house ^

^ Bedrooms ^

Soon Jae Hun parted ways with Tae Kyung and found himself walking into his small, yet cozy home.

"I'm home" he called out.

A beautiful light brown-haired woman, whose waist-length hair was tied up into a messy bun, her exhausted features making her look slightly older than she actually was, stepped out from the kitchen, still in her teacher outfit, wiping her wet hands on the frilly pink apron she wore. She smiled kindly at Jae Hun and stepped forward as Jae Hun slipped into his house slippers.

^ Her outfit and apron ^

"Welcome home Jae Hun" the woman eye-smiled with her bright, yet sorrowful, dark brown eyes, at her son.

Jae Hun smiled back genuinely, "Thanks eomma. How was work?" he hugged his mother who was slightly shorter than him. 

"Aigoo...I'm supposed to ask you how your day went. I'm the adult here!" she childishly pouted.

Jae Hun chuckled and reached up to pinch his mother's cheek, "Not when you act like that eomma" he let go when she started flailing around and walked toward his room, "I'll change first" he called still laughing. 

"Yah! That hurt!" she yelled after him while smiling. She shook her head in amusement, stepping into the kitchen, "Aigoo...sometimes he confuses me about who's the adult and who's the child here...hm?" she spotted Jae Hun's bag near the kitchen door where he had placed it down before taking off his shoes, "Aigoo...left it here again" she smiled and picked it up, seeing the open zipper as she headed towards Jae Hun's room. She smiled again, reaching to zip it up but stopped as she felt a slightly bulky item inside near the open zipper. "Hm? What's this?" she stopped just near Jae Hun's door and peeked inside the bag. She reached in and pulled out the red heart-shaped box of chocolates with a white ribbon, then gasped in excitement and surprise, "Omona! Did he finally-"

"Eomma?!" Jae Hun rushed outside his room in a slight panic, already wearing comfortable clothes; he immediately stopped and stared wide eyed at his mother who stood near his door, nearly crashing into her as he rushed out, "Eomma! Gwenchannah?! I heard you gasp and-" he stopped when he spotted his school bag hanging on her arm and the red present in her other hand, "Uh...what's-"

^ Jae Hun's outfit ^

"You finally accepted a girl's confession?!" his mother couldn't keep in her excitement as she started bouncing up and down in place staring at him expectantly.

"Uh...no? What is that?" he blinked at the small package that his mother now held excitedly about an inch from his nose, making him back up as he stared at it nearly cross-eyed. 

His mom pulled it back, "Aigoo, I thought you were smart, you advanced two years after all. It's chocolate! I found it in your bag! This is the first time I've seen you take home a present since elementary school! How long have you two been going out hm?! C'mon! You can tell eomma!" she giggled, bouncing up next to him.

"Aigoo..." Jae Hun rolled his eyes, "...eomma, don't go through my bag and I didn't accept that. Some girl must have slipped it into my bag without me knowing" he took the chocolate and his bag from his mother and went back into his room. He hung his bag on a hook near his desk and walked back to where his mother was waiting at the door, still pouting at him. 

"You know I wanted to experience the teenage years fully where my son brings home girlfriends, even though I'd scold you and forbid you from seeing her again or something but anyways, or even other friends besides Tae Kyung, I mean, I love Tae Kyung like he was my own son but- huuuu! Are you ashamed of eomma?! Do you have secret girlfriends you don't want me to know about or don't want to show me because you're embarrassed of eomma? Huuuu!" she bawled up her fists and brought them to her eyes, pretending to cry.

Jae Hun rolled his eyes, already familiar with his mother's antics, "Aigoo...eomma hajima..." he sighed, throwing out the chocolate box into the trashbin near his desk before turning around to face his teary-eyed mother, who was sticking out her quivering bottom lip as she looked at him. He raised an eyebrow at her expression, his lips turning up at the corners slightly in amusement.

Kyon Soo, his mother, sniffled, continuing to pout at him, "Huuuu~" 

Jae Hun rolled his eyes and sighed again, "I'll bring home more friends but like I said, I don't have time for dating. So no girls until later on or after college ok?"

Kyon Soo pouted angrily now, crossing her arms as she puffed up her cheeks, "Aigoo...fine, psh! Busy? You don't even study..." she grumbled, looking away from him and going to the refrigerator to look for something to cook. 

Jae Hun threw his head back for a moment before looking at his mother's back in amusement aat her childishness. He looked away with a smile, rolling his eyes and poking his tongue against the side of his cheek.

When Kyon Soo only continued fumbling in the refrigerator, Jae Hun finally got off the counter and made his way over to her just as she was bringing the rice cakes, fish cakes, green onions, anchovies, and red pepper paste out of the refrigerator. She was cradling them all in her arms and went to shut the doors with her feet, only to be stopped by Jae Hun taking the ingredients from her arms. 

She puffed up her cheeks as she watched him take the ingredients to the counter near the stove. She watched as he pulled out a large pan and filled it with water, setting it on the stove and putting the anchovies in, then placed the lid on it to let it boil. He then went to wash his hands and walked toward his mother after wiping his hands on a towel.

She pouted at him and looked away, "Aigoo, eomma. Come on...look, I'm sorry ok? I just don't want to date right now. I want to help you..." he trailed off, lowering his eyes.

Kyon Soo's shoulders slumped and she stepped forward, taking Jae Hun's face in her hands, "Jae Hun Joseph Min..." how many times have I told you not to worry about me? I'm fine!" she smiled gently at him and kissed his forehead, "I want you to enjoy your life to the fullest. Don't live your whole life worrying about your mother..." she released him and went toward the stove to continue cooking the ddeokbokki, "That's my job" she chuckled.

Jae Hun couldn't help but smile; he stepped forward to help her cook.

 

After eating the ddeokbokki snack, Jae Hun helped his mother wash the dishes; she washed while he dried. In the middle of laughing together, Kyon Soo's phone beeped its scheduled alarm.

Jae Hun wiped down the last plate with the towel, his smile disappearing as he watched his mother turn off the faucet, wipe her hands on her apron, and pick up her phone to turn off the continuous alarm.

Jae Hun placed the last plate on the cupboard, his eyes visibly saddening as he watched her, "Eomma...you don't have to-"

"Jae Hun we talked about this already..." she walked to her purse on the kitchen counter and placed her phone inside, fumbling in it to see if she had everything.

"Eomma we're doing fine with just your teaching job! We'll survive!" Jae Hun argued in worry, going over to stand beside his mother.

Kyon Soo sighed, stopping what she was doing and looked up at her son with tired eyes, "Jae Hun..."

"I know you want to earn more money to give me a better life but eomma, do you think I'll have a better life knowing that you're exhausting yourself because of it?" Jae Hun scolded.

Kyon Soo looked away from her son, "Jae Hun I'll take any job given to me, whether it be two or ten. It's a blessing to have these jobs and I wont take them for granted.

"But eomma-!"

"Ahni! No more...Jae Hun let me be your mother. Let me be the parent...not the other way around. I know you're worried...but I'm just find..." she smiled again, taking his face and his cheeks with her thumbs, her shaking eyes threatening to burst into tears.

"Eomma..." Jae Hun's own eyes shook, ready to tear up at the pain, sadness, and exhaustion he saw in his mother's eyes. He sighed after a moment, knowing that he wouldn't win that argument, "Arasso...but at least use this money for your required medications, not just for simple pain relievers and also for your treatment-"

"Ahni. I'm fine, you just worry about yourself...I'm fine, I promi-" her voice broke off as she suddenly went into a violent coughing fit and forced to let go of Jae Hun, shut her eyes tightly in pain, turn away from him, hold onto the counter for support, and instead hold her hands against to cover and muffle out her coughs. 

"Eomma!!!" Jae Hun gasped, eyes widening as he scurried over to help, "Eomma! Did you take any medicine when you got home?!" he asked frantically, taking her by the shoulders and gripping them in worry as she continued her coughing fit.

Kyon Soo slowly shook her head in agony, unable to speak through her coughs.

"Aish! Eomma!" he let go of her and rushed to the medicine cabinet in the kitchen, fumbling for some medicine to ease his mother's coughs.

Soon, Kyon Soo's coughs faded and stopped, her face paled and looking more tired than ever as she trembled. She pulled her hands away and looked at them, almost breaking into a sob, her eyes already teared up from coughing, but stopped as she thought of Jae Hun, who was putting water hurriedly into a cup, the medicine in his free hand. She stared at the familiar red substance in her palm, trying to hide it when Jae Hun walked over.

"Eomma, no..." he unclenched her hand and wiped it with the ready napkin in his hand.

This time Kyon Soo did tar up, "I'm sorry...for making you worry...I'm such a bad eomma..." she lowered her head as the tears fell down her face, her shoulders shaking as she cried.

Jae Hun softened, stopping his actions as he stared at his mother in sadness, "Eomma, no-"

"You can't enjoy your life as a teenager because you're always worried about me...I feel so guilty...taking away your chance to be a real teenager-"

"Eomma stop...that's enough. You haven't taken anything from me. I love my life. I love living the way we are because even without material items at least we have each other"

Kyon Soo's sobs slowly stopped to a sniffle. She looked up, wiping the remnants of her tears away from her eyes, "you're too good to me...how did I get such a wonderful boy for a son...?" she sniffled with a sad smile.

Jae Hun softened again as he smiled down at her, holding up the pill and water for her to take, "I have the perfect mother to thank for raising me this way"

Kyon Soo couldn't help her happy smile as she took the medicine, putting it into and drinking the water to help swallow. She sniffled once more as Jae Hun took the glass from her small hands, placing it on the counter nearby, "Ok...I'm going to go change for my shift at the restaurant..." she wiped her eyes with her wrist once more, smiling at him before heading out the kitchen and to her room to change.

Jae Hun waited until she stepped out of the kitchen before sighing and cleaning up the rest of the kitchen. About thirty minutes later, Kyon Soo came back out, dressed in her waitress outfit, and went straight to the kitchen to pick up her purse. She came back out into the living room where Jae Hun was surfing the channels looking for something to watch on the television. He turned around when he heard his mother's familiar footsteps.

^ Kyon Soo's waitress outfit and purse ^

"I'll be off now. Do your homework alright? And don't worry about the housework. I'll do it when I get back" she re-checked her purse once more before freezing and laughing at her words, looking up at a smirking Jae Hun who had walked over, "Who do I think I'm talking to? Like you'll leave anything for me to clean up" she raised an eyebrow while smirking back at him, placing her free hand on her hip.

Jae Hun laughed for a moment but it soon faded, along with his smile, which caused Kyon Soo's smile to fade as well, and a look of confusion crossed her features, "Eomma...after today...please quit your second job," before Kyon Soo could argue, Jae Hun spoke again, "I'll take over or find a new job to make good use of my free time and-"

"Ahni! Jae Hun that's enough. We're done talking about this" she turned away and headed to the door.

Jae Hun scurried after her and blocked her way to the front door, "Eomma please! Just let me- I won't move unless you agree to-"

"Jae hun enough!" she yelled, surprising both of them, making her instantly soften, "I'm sorry, but Jae Hun, I want you to focus on your studies and live your life as a regular teenager. You can worry about working after you graduate, arasso...?" she smiled tiredly, taking his face and kissing his forehead.

Jae Hun hesitantly nodded before moving aside; Kyon Soo left for work, leaving Jae Hun to think by himself. After a few minutes, he shut off the television, not being able to concentrate, and instead took to wandering around the house in thought.

'Eomma's attacks are getting worse by the day...she won't buy proper medicine, she won't let me work, and she's wearing herself out, all for my well-being. There's no arguing or winning with her when she's like this...' he thought as he paced slowly around the kitchen, "Then what do I do...?" he stopped, looking out the window, feeling helpless.

Around ten o'clock that night, Kyon Soo came home, exhausted from her restaurant shift. She quietly headed down the hallway, peeking into Jae Hun's room for a moment. She smiled upon seeing his familiar silent sleeping form and walked into the room. She looked around his spotless room and rolled her eyes before walking over to his bed, pulling the blanket up to his shoulders, tucking him in, running a gentle hand through his hair, and leaning down to kiss his forehead. She sighed once more before heading back to the door. She stopped before shutting it behind her, a tear escaping her eye, "Forgive me..." she whispered before shutting the door.

Jae Hun opened his eyes, fully awake and turned toward the door in concern, "Ahniyo eomma, I'm sorry..." he sighed and stared up at the ceiling, 'I need to help somehow, but...how...?

A/NHope you guys enjoy and please comment and let us know what you think ;)