The Difference Between Fantasy and Reality

Our Lives Together

The sky was clear and it was unusually warm for a winter day. 

The door to the balcony was opened halfway and the white curtains waved lightly in the breeze.

Yellow sunlight seeped in sightly through the cracks of the waving curtains and created strips of bright light across the wall.

Yonghwa sat on the couch and looked at the clock. It was a little past three in the afternoon and Yonghwa was a little anxious.

"She should have been here thirty minutes ago..." He murmured.

Yonghwa hugged a cushion to his chest and stared at the clock. 

*tick...tock...tick...tock...* As time passed, Yonghwa's anxiety only grew bigger and bigger like a snowball on a hill. 

He began to fiddle with thumbs to keep himself occupied but his mind drifted off to another world.

 

He wandered into a world he visits often. In this world he saw her everywhere he turned, taking a walk in a lively garden or sitting down on a bench swing in an open field. In this world, he was able look at her all he wanted and she didn't complain. She smiled frequently at him and even motioned him to come over and sit next to her. Most of the time, they held hands and sat on the swing bench together. 

They spent hours on the bench, talking and laughing. They usually talked about their dreams and their hopes for the future.

He sometimes couldn't tell the difference between this world and reality when he was with Seohyun

Yonghwa loved this world so much that these images in his head seemed come to life. At some point during his travels from the real world to the fantasy world, he began to think that imagination and fantasies were better than reality because in his imaginations he always got his way.

 

As Yonghwa continued to go deeper and deeper into this world of his, Seohyun arrived and walked through the door to see her beloved on the couch with his eyes closed, a cushion tightly hugged to his chest.

She smiled weakly. She would have smiled wider but Seohyun was exhausted from the lack of sleep and the overwhelming amount of activities scheduled from the release of her new album. 

Leaving Yonghwa in the living room, she stumbled in to the bedroom and almost crashed in to the bed. 

She threw her jacket on the floor, climbed in the bed and decided to get some sleep.

Seohyun drifted off to sleep feeling safe at home. 

She hoped Yonghwa wouldn't mind.

"I mean, he's sleeping, too," she comforted herself. 

Well the truth was, Yonghwa wasn't sleeping. He was day dreaming. 

He pulled himself out of his world of Seohyun and looked at the clock. 

The big hand on the clock pointed to five and the small hand rested at the twenty minute mark.

He double checked the time on the watch on his wrist and his eyes grew wide in shock.

"Five twenty?! Already?!" He shot up from the couch and looked around. 

He ran to the door and hoped to see a pair of heels there.

Indeed, there was a pair of pink and white stiletto heels against the wall.

Yonghwa scratched the back of his head and wondered how he missed her coming in.

He must have been so engrossed in his fantasy world that he didn't hear Seohyun come in through the door. 

He padded to the bedroom  and the dark wooden door creaked as the way in widened.

In the bedroom was Seohyun, sound asleep on the bed. 

Yonghwa stopped in his tracks and stared at the beautiful figure before him.

He watched her breathe in and out evenly.

She simply looked like an angel from heaven and he couldn't believe that this angel was his.

She began to stir in her sleep and Yonghwa took a step back in surprise, and he felt like he was doing something he shouldn't be doing.

He realized he was being silly and let out the breathe he didn't notice he was holding.

He suddenly had an urge to hold her in his arms and watch her sleep.

And that's exactly what he did.

He gently lifted the the cover and climbed in next to her. Seohyun slightly stirred and he stopped to see if he woke her up.

But Seohyun was deep asleep.

He took her arm, pulled her close to him and wrapped his arms around her. Her head was laying against his chest and he could smell the scent of her shampoo lingering on her hair.

He softly pulled back the loose hair on her face behind her ear and stared at her with googly eyes. 

She looked so beautiful when she was sleeping. She shone brightly as if a million jewels imbedded on her skin were reflecting light.

Seeing Seohyun sleep so deeply made him realize how weak and exhausted she was from her crazy schedule. 

He embraced her a little tighter and rested his chin on her head. 

Yonghwa breathed in the scent of her shampoo and exhaled deeply.

He became aware of the fact that in the real world, he was capable of feeling the chills and the electricity that went through him whenever he touched her, where as in his head, he was only able to imagine it. On Earth, where the real Seohyun was, he was able to recognize the scent of her shampoo and embrace her in his arms. 

He made a mental note to be even more sweeter towards Seohyun.

He wanted her to know that he absolutely adored her.

Holding hands with Seohyun and sharing a swing bench with her was nice in the other world, but he knew that nothing could beat the feeling of holding her in his arms. He decided that sometimes, reality beats imagination all the way. 

 

 

Author's note:

Hi guys!

This is the second story in the series and I hope you like it!

Don't be a silent reader! Please comment below and tell me what you thought of this story!

Thank you guys for all the support (:

Please subscribe and comment :D