like a fool, i lost myself to (you)

Never Been Kissed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
like a fool, i lost myself to (you)

Youngjae stood by the classroom door. His lessons had just ended and he had received his year old report. As expected from him, Youngjae had scored straight As with extra credit as promised by Hyosung.

Inside the classroom, Youngjae could hear the applause as the students congratulated the top student of every subject. A small smile crept onto Youngjae's face as he heard Heeyoung's name for top in Literature. At least, she's smart in something, Youngjae mused in amusement because really, Heeyoung's Maths was atrocious.

Almost a year had passed since Hyosung begged asked Youngjae to tutor her student. Surprise, surprise; turns out that the academically poor student was none other than Youngjae's childhood crush. The reappearance of Heeyoung seemed to have reignted Youngjae's crush, making him fall deeper in love with her — if that was even possible, considering how besotted he was ten years ago.

There was a final burst of applause before Hyosung released the class. The door burst opened as students rushed out, enjoying their holidays already.

"Youngjae!" Heeyoung called out, rushing to her tutor. In her happiness, Heeyoung hugged Youngjae tightly. Youngjae swore his cheeks were crimson.

Taking a step back, Heeyoung beamed, "Thank you!" She her report book at Youngjae who opened it to see a 'B4' beside Maths. Considering the fact that D7 was the failing grade, Heeyoung did pretty well for her standard. She completely flunked her Maths on the previous test.

"Hey, you did pretty well." Youngjae complimented. So his time spent tutoring her wasn't wasted.

"And it's all because of you, Youngjae." Heeyoung remarked, taking the report book back and hugging it to her chest protectively. "Mom and Dad is going to be so happy when they hear this."

"Of course they will. It's a big improvement from your last grade." Youngjae smiled as Heeyoung cringed at the mentioned of her D7.

"Are you free this weekend?" Heeyoung asked, carefully changing the subject. "I promised to give you a treat if I pass."

Youngjae cursed himself for having a family gathering on both Saturday and Sunday. "Actually, no." Heeyoung's face fell slightly and Youngjae hastily rushed to add, "But I'm free on the next weekend."

To his surprise, an expression of remorse flashed across Heeyoung's face. "I'm not free next week. How about Monday?" Heeyoung offered instead, a smile gracing her face again.

"Sure."

Youngjae was pretty sure that he'll survive the date — treat, Youngjae, treat — without freaking out.

 

 

 

Youngjae was wrong. The date — damn it, Youngjae, it's just a treat — was at seven thirty and he's supposed to meet Heeyoung at seven but Youngjae was already preparing himself at five. Yes, because everyone knows a lovesick fool needs two hours to get himself ready for a date with the love of his life.

"Mom, where's my tie?" Youngjae yelled out of his bedroom. Earlier on, Heeyoung had texted him that she had reserved a table at EXOtic Planet, one of the most prestigious restaurants ever and Youngjae had been panicking since then.

"Why do you even need a tie?" Himchan scoffed at his dongsaeng's flustered self while Daehyun busied himself with the bowl of potato chips Youngjae's mother had offered. Youngjae really regretted inviting his friends over. Now, he's going to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter