Seven

Regret... It's Too Late

"Yah, slow down!" Jaejoong complained as he tried to catch up with Dara who was  brisk walking. The elevator malfunctioned and they had to walk down the stairs. 

"Me? Slow down? You have longer legs than me. You catch up." She said with a smirk which showed a hint of challenge. He sensed it and grinned. He began to walk fast, overtaking her in the process.

"Hey, slow down." She said while panting. He was a meter or more away from her. She finally stopped and took in deep breaths. She wiped the sweat off her forehead when she suddenly felt someone lift her up.

"Jaejoong, put me down NOW." She demanded. She was hanging over his shoulder as he continued to walk with a victorious smile.

"It seems like I have won." He confidently said. She smacked his back in response and tried to cross her arms.

"At least not a fireman's carry.. Give me a piggyback." She requested. He laughed and swiftly changed her position so that she was already riding on his back.

"Happy, your majesty?" He said raising his eyebrow.

"Very." She answered with a huge smile.

 

...

 

With the help of Jaejoong's Chevrolet corvette and Dara's constant demand to speed up, they successfully arrived in school without being late.

"Come on. We have a presentation today." She said as she got out from her seat and pulled his arms with great force.

"Hang on. I still need to lock it." He said as he pressed a button and *BING!* the car is locked. Afterwards, they hurriedly went inside the school building with their laptops in hand.

They were already near the classroom when they halted. 

"Do I look okay?" Dara said as she finger-combed her now long wavy hair. She had it in a half-up half-down hairstyle which exposed her face. She also fixed her sweet and studious-looking blue shirtdress with a matching brown skinny belt which is the best accessory. It shows off her curves but still leaves her looking scholarly. For the finishing look, an embellished gladiator-type sandals spiced up the outfit making her the "Belle of the hall".

"You look beautiful." Jaejoong said with a sincere smile. He's wearing a dark gray v-neck shirt, khaki pants which gives that polished look and a Sperry Top-Sider sneakers. The plaid slip-on sneakers is a great way to help him make a statement while adding a hint of color to his outfit overall, it gave him the "Mr. Fashionable" look.

"Stop bluffing." She said while smacking him on the shoulder. He just laughed and wore his glasses. He then gestured for them to go inside.

 

...

 

"Okay, so you tell them this. And I'll present this." Dara said as she pointed at their Science Investigatory Project Power Point Presention. While the teacher wasn't there, they scanned their presentation in Dara's Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 which was a gift from her parents.

Jaejoong was practicing his speech in his head when it suddenly hit him. 

"Dara,did you book a room for our presentation?" He asked while grabbing her shoulders.  She just looked at him confidently and gave a smile.

"Stop joking. You were the one in charge to book right.hahahaha" She laughed but then, seeing his serious expression her laughter diminished. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Sorry. I forgot." She said with her head hung low. Automatically, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the room to book a presentation room.

 

...

 

"So ladies and gentlemen, we will now be opening our presentation. Sit back and relax." Dara said. Then Jaejoong scanned her laptop for the ppt(powerpoint) file but he had a hard time locating it. He nudged her elbow and pointed at the laptop.

"You really can't live without me." She jokingly said as she made him step aside so that she could look for the file. A minute later, sweat began to form on her forehead as she still searched for the file. She could hear Jaejoong giving constant apologies to the teachers in the background. 

"It's not here." She shockingly said in a small voice but he heard it clearly. Tears started to form on her eyes. This presentation was very important for her. There's just no way this would come as a disaster. 

"Everyone,I'm so-"She began to speak but was interrupted by him. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Teachers, we are sorry for the inconvenience but we have encountered a problem regarding our presentation. We would like to give our most sincere apology for that. We also hope that you will still give us the chance to present the next day. We hope for your kind consideration." She then looked at him and smiled. Yup, he was a true friend alright.

 

...

 

"That's so sad Dara. Too bad, I guess we'll be chosen as a representative for our class." Sora said to Dara with an evil smirk. 

"You know what Sora? I guess not because your presentation was terribly plain and boring. Who uses the Microsoft Word as an IP presentation? I guess it's just the idiots. Well then, we should go." She said as she grabbed Jaejoong and stomped out of the room leaving her.

 

...

 

"That girl is really getting on my nerves. Argghh!" Dara complained as she gently punched the wall. Jaejoong just laughed and took her hand.

"What was that for?" He asked while inspecting the slightly red knuckles.

"You know. For a drama effect." She said with a smile. This made him laugh even more.

"But seriously, that girl looks really kind and innocent. I never thought that she had such a hateful personality." He agreed as he sat on a chair.

"That's what I thought,too. It seems like she's only pretending to be kind. The b**ch is actually two-faced." She said as she crossed her arms.

"Forget about her. Say, why don't we make our presentation in my house. Just bring your laptop." He offered. This made her brighten up. She playfully clapped her hands and jumped up and down.

"That's great! I've never been to your house. Just promise that the food is on the house,okay?" She said while nudging his elbow and raising her eyebrows up and down. He just snickered and placed a hand on her face.

"Yah! What was that for?" Dara asked as she removed his hands.

"It's better that way, or else I won't be able to stop laughing." He said which sent him more laughter. She roared and punched his shoulders teasingly.

 

...

 

"We're here." Jaejoong said as he began to search something from his pocket. Dara looked at the surroundings from outside the car. It was dark and only the street lamps shed light in the silent street.

"Where?" She asked as she scanned the street even more. *BING!* was the sound of the device on his hands. Automatically, lights were on and a gate suddenly came into view. It was huge!

Then, the gate "magically" opened and they went inside. She then saw lots of planted flowers of different kinds and colors. They were arranged beautifully. There were also lots of fruit-bearing trees as they continued to drive.

"Where's your house?" She asked. He just smiled and signaled for her to wait. Then suddenly, a huge swimming pool came into view. She suddenly felt the urge to hop out of the car and jump inside the cool water. She can't stop staring at it even if they have passed by it.

"We're here." He announced as he stopped the car. She then turned her head to look at the house only to find her jaw dramatically drop.

"Oh--my---gosh." was all that she could say. We can't blame her. The house.. ehemm.. mansion is really huge. It looked like it could help shelter 10 families or something, 

He just laughed at her expression and dragged her stoned body towards the door. He placed a thumb on something like a detector and the door "magically" opened. Amazing!

"Let me give you a tour." He offered.

 

...

 

After the tour, Dara learned that the house had a 25-seat cinema, a two-lane bowling alley, three swimming pools, a floodlit tennis court, a wine cellar, and a panic room in case of an unexpected attack. The house..ehemm.. mansion benefits from extensive wooded gardens and high-tech security provisions.

This made her turn even more speechless. Jaejoong is THIS rich. She exclaimed as she held her arms up high trying to emphasize the huge house. Jaejoong just smacked her head and lead her to his room.

"Excuse me, please prepare dinner for our special guest and place it here in my room please." He said to someone on the phone. She's guessing that it must be the maid.  His room was also no joke. It was larger than her condo.

"Okay, let's start." He said as he took her laptop and placed it in his table. 

 

...

 

They were finally done and they were also very full from the "expensive" food brought by the maids. It was "skillfully" cooked by an Italian chef who used to participate in Iron Chef.

"Jaejoong you never told me you were this rich." Dara said. Jaejoong just smiled at her.

"Because you never asked." He said. Then suddenly, his door opened.

"Oppa, I heard that we have a visitor." A little girl then came inside. OMO, she is so cute!!

"Hi little girl. What's your name?" Dara asked the cute little lady. One small snap and she swears she could uncontrollably pinch her cheeks numerous times.

The little girl ignored her and clung to Jaejoong while having her eyebrows furrowed.

"Stay away from oppa. He is mine!" She said.

"Eh?" Dara said in confusion.

"Dara, this is my little sister Lauren." Jaejoong said. 

"Go away." Lauren demanded.

*So cute! Though kind of y..* Dara thought inside.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Character Introduction:

               Lee Sora                                                                                                                            Lauren

                                                              

 

It's summer! (throws confetti) Finally, exams are over and I'm free.(TT_TT) --> tears of joy. So I updated earlier and I thank all of you for your patience:D

Please expect more udates from this story from now on ^^

 

Like my story??

Please Don't Forget To Subscribe:D

 

Any reactions, suggestions or just want to express??

Feel free to comment:)

 

Also, please give me an UPVOTE if you can:)