Four

Regret... It's Too Late

Dara stared at the paper on her desk. All she has to do is sign it and things are gonna go smoothly.

"But I don't want to. (sigh) What to do?" She said as she placed a hand on her aching head. She leaned on her chair and glanced at the clock, just above her bedroom door.

"I better go." She said as stood up from her chair and went to the bathroom. After taking a bath, she changed into her regular school clothes. She faced the mirror and brushed her slightly tangled hair. 

"And I'm ready." She said after she placed her hair brush down. She was about to leave when she thought of something.

"Hmm.. doesn't hurt to try." She said as she dashed back in front of the mirror and rummaged through the cabinet. she grabbed the curler and tried to add her hair a bit of wave. She started braiding her hair, trying to make a triple waterfall braid. She finished the look by placing a cute hair pin which was a small white ribbon that made her look dashing and cute.She also tried putting on natural makeup. Satisfied with her look, she went downstairs and sat with her parents on the dining table.

"Dara, you look even more beautiful today!" Her mother praised her. She smiled and nodded shyly.

"Weird because you never wanted to style your hair nor place make up on. Is it because of all the things that happened?" Her father asked which immediately sent an awkward and silent atmosphere.

"I better go." Dara said after clearing .

 

...

 

"Dara, you look stunning!" Minzy said as she greeted Dara with a hug. She hugged her back and let go. She scanned the room for one person.

*So he's still not here.* She thought dropping her shoulders. She wasn't that happy with her change anymore which made her realize why she placed such effort on her look. *It was for him all along.* She thought

"Looks like someone is gonna be named the most beautiful high schooler in Korea!" CL said as she greeted both of them. Dara just blushed and teasingly slapped CL's shoulder. Then she realized that someone was missing in their group.

"By the way, have you seen Bom?" Dara asked as she scanned the room. Immediately, CL and Minzy exchanged uneasy glances with each other. She didn't notice though because she was busy looking for Bom. Minzy stood up and was about to tell her something but CL stopped her and shook her head. So she pursed her lips and sat back.

 

...

 

"Oww.." TOP groaned in pain as he felt a constant throbbing in his head. He got up from his bed and dashed to the kitchen to drink. Still holding the glass, he walked back to the bedroom. 

*Ouch, I really dislike hangovers!* He thought to himself. His eyes widened and he almost dropped his glass.

"Oh My God!" He exclaimed in horror.

 

...

 

"Dara, don't leave us alone!" Minzy said with short sobs. Dara sighed and patted her head, trying to comfort the cry baby.

"It's a shame Bom is not here with us." Dara said sadly. She felt tears coming out of her eyes, too. She looked up the sky to dry them. She didn't want to be always crying. She felt that it is a huge discomfort given the side effects of a lump in the throat. CL sighed and hugged her and she hugged back. Minzy joined in, too. She tried hard not to cry but her eyes were already full to its brim and so she let out a quiet sob. CL and Minzy followed and there they were sobbing uncontrollably in a public park.

"We're gonna miss you." Minzy and CL said softly.

 

...

 

"Mom, Dad... I now agree to your plan. I agree to transfer to Whimoon High School." Dara suddenly blurted out. Her parents looked at her with a shocked face. Her father's egg roll fell down from his opened mouth.

"Are you sure? You never agreed to that before." Her mother asked, not believing what she is hearing. She gave a small nod and continued to eat her food.

"I know that this will be happening soon. So you're transferring tomorrow." Her father said, looking proudly at her. 

"That's too soon. I still need to take their entrance exam." She said. Her father just smiled and assured her that everything was complete and the last thing to do was for her to go there.

"I can't agree to this. That place is far from here." Her mother said in dissaproval. 

"Relax. I already prepared a condo there for her." Her father said. 

"I better go pack my things." Dara said as she stood up from her chair and walked to her room.

 

 

...

 

"TOP, I'm sorry! I was drunk, ok? I didn't know what I was doing!" GD whined. TOP gave him a glare and smacked his head... hard.

"That doesn't mean you can go around sleeping beside me in my bed !" TOP said in disgust.

"Sorry, ok." GD said. TOP looked at him in disgust and then both of them laughed. The ringing of GD's phone disturbed their moment of fun.

"Hello?..... Really?....... Okay, bye...." GD spoke. He then ended the call and looked at TOP with a concerned face.

"What's wrong?" He asked. GD whispered something to his ear which made his eyes widen in surprise.

"What time?" He asked GD.

"8:00." He answered. Instantly, he looked at the clock and it was already 7:55.

"Shoot!" TOP cursed as he dashed out his room.

 

...

 

He ran with all his might going to the parking lot. He rode his car and drove it. The tires screeched as it went on a dangerously fast speed overtaking one car and another. He looked at his watch, it was already 8:00.

"Sh*t! Dara, please still be there." He asked, hoping Dara could hear him. 

 

...

 

"Minzy, let go of her. She has to go now." CL said while trying to detach her from Dara. She shook her head and continued to cling to Dara. Dara and CL gave a sigh.

 

...

 

The tires screeched to a stop and immediately, TOP got out from his car and ran inside the train station. Numerous people were inside and he had to look hard for Dara. 

"Dara!!" He shouted, hoping she could hear him. Then a figure caught his attention. It was Dara with Minzy and CL. A smile appeared on his face.

"DARA, WAIT!" He shouted again.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is Whimoon High School a great school for intelligent and rich people? I'm not a Korean so I don't know. I just googled "Best South Korean High School" and that popped out. You can correct me if I'm wrong:)

Please Don't Forget To Comment And Subscribe!! <3
 

I would also deeply appreciate an upvote:)