Don't Put Baby In A Corner

Surviving High School Got A LOT Harder

I tried to open the windows, but they were glued shut.

"This can't be real!" Sunny shieked, banging on the door.

"It's just someone playing a prank." Heechul said but I could see he wasn't so sure himself.

The beeping stopped.

"Oh? So you don't believe me?" The intercom spoke again.

"No!" Yoona screamed at it. "This is all just a stupid prank! And when I figure out who it is, you're going down!"

"We'll see then, won't we?"

I looked at the clock. It was only 3:24. We still had 36 minutes until someone "died."

I highly doubt someone is going to die. It's so....Unbelieveable. They might mean something else by die. Like incriminating photos or something stupid.

3:25.

I looked out the window. Dark gray clouds were forming.

3:26.

Key sat down next to me.

"I'll protect you." He said quietly. "I'd protect you first." I looked over at him. he rest his head on his bent arms and looked passed me. I turned my head and saw him looking at Yoona, frustrated with her phone.

I thought about it. Key was the first nice person to me and he wasn't that annoying or mean or rude or possessed any horrible traits other people had. He certainly did not deserve being called a diva because he was generally nice person. He bought me bread my second day at school.

"I'll protect you too." I whispered back, smiling. He gave me a smile back as thunder clashed and frightened Sunny.

3:28

It was dark outside and drizzling with thunder and lightening having a battle outside. The lights flickered on, one by one as if we were in a horror film.

"This is too freaky." Taecyeon said. He sat at the teachers desk, spinning around in the chair. Yoseob was writing on the board. He drew bunnies and a weird drawing of Taecyeon that resulted in him almost getting beat up.

"You guys at drawing. Minho is way better." Sunny said, calming down. I guess thunder and lightening didn't freak out as much.

"What?" Everyone looked at the silent athletic guy who continued to stare out the window.

"That guys too dumb to do anything other than kick a ball around." Taecyeon said.

"Just because he's quiet, doesn't mean he's dumb." Hyo-yeon defended him.

"He's a lot smarter than you think." Sunny said.

"What would you know, !?" Yoona yelled.

"Hey! i was only defending him!" Sunny yelled.

Someone's obviously jealous. Hyo-yeon sneered at them and moved towards Heechul who gladly accepted her presence.

Minho moved away from the girls and Taecyeon and sat with Key and me.

"Hey." Key mumbled looking at him.

"Hey." He replied after a few minutes. He sighed softly and stared out the window. "Rain...Water falling from the sky. Is it science or are the angels crying for us?"

Key and I stared at him with shock.

"Angels?" I asked.

"Why would they cry for us?"

"Check the clock."

3:37

"Sorry I'm late. Figure it out yet kiddies?"

Kiddies?

"No." Onew said loudly. "We're not falling for any of your stupid lies. No one is going to get hurt."

"Well then. I hope you like playing in the dark and with the toy I brought for you. Just find the gift wrap."

The lights shut off almost instantly. I heard all the chairs move, but Key's was the loudest. I made a move towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist for support.

He caught me, but pain went through my hand as I tried to hold onto him.

The lights came on instantly as if to prove that no one could have done it.

3:46

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" All girls and Heechulscreamed. Minho turned around and even he jumped back at the sight of it all.

A large knife had went through my hand and into Key's side

"Maki!" Key yelled. I froze with pain. I didn't want to move. I was so scared.

"Someone! Get...AAAHHHH!" Yoona couldn't stop screaming and Sunny just fainted. Hyo-yeon had a shocked look on her face and couldn't move. Heechul vomited in the trash bin.

"Let me do it." Jonghyun said taking bandages out of his backpack in the corner. He slowly took the knife out of Key's side and told Minho to keep pressure on it until he had time to deal with it.

"This is gonna hurt." He said taking the knife out of my hand. I winced him pain with tears running down my face. He quickly wrapped my hand to slow down the blood and took out some thread and a medical needle. He stitched up my hand as I looked away and cried. I held onto my skirt and clenched it in my hand.

As he stitched my hand together, the intercom came on again. The voice laughed at us.

4:00

"Believe me now? Now that Diva King is hurt, do you know who did it?"

"Let us out FREAK!!" Yoona yelled. "You hurt my Diva Twin and the new girl what more do you want!?"

It laughed again.

"Die. Just Die!" The lights went out again. Key covered me with his body and I could feel Jonghyun stop stitching.

The lights flashed on again and we looked around.

Yoona sighed in relief. Yoseob screamed and jumped onto Taecyeon.

"Sunny!" Minho yelled jumping towards the dark corner in the front. Yoseob had moved her to the front to try to wake her up. I had seen him sit next to her and try to wake her up through shaking. 

Sunny was covered in blood. was slit and blood came from under her shirt. I guess they got to her stomach. 

I looked over at the knife on the desk next to Jonghyun. That knife was from 3:37. The one that killed Sunny was nowhere to be seen. Yoseob who had been next to her didn't have a drop of blood on him.

Minho grabbed her shoulders.

"Sunny! He yelled. "Get up!"

"She's gone..." Taecyeon said pulling the sobbing boy away.

"No! NO!" Minho yelled again. His face had tears streaming down.

"Let her go. I can't sew while you're on top of her." Jonghyun said, going back to stitching. He avoided looking at Sunny and only focused on me. Key released me slowly.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't protect you." Key said.

"I was trying to protect you. I kept my promise." I said looking at him.

"You won't need stitches." Jonghyun said holding my hand. "You'll be fine if you keep pressure on it and don't move too much." Je looked at Key who held his skirtless bandaged side. He pulled my arm. " You however, stay near me just in case your stitches come undone." He gently pulled on my arm again for me to sit next to him. I stayed still in the chair as he moved it closer to him.

"I'll sit here too just in case I do need stitches." Key said firmly sitting on the other side of me.

"Love triangle." Heechul said staring at us. He had vomitted again in the same bin, but had gotten up and sat next to Jonghyun. "A girl just died and you're flirting with the new girl."

"I'm just trying to help her." Jonghyun said glaring at the feminine boy.

"You know what I think?" He asked leaning in closer to us. "That you're the killer." He whispered.