- What happened to you ? -

Fallen Image

Eunjung P.O.V.

Letting go of my belted beige bookbag, I ran up to Soyeon. I went in front of her and crumbled my knees in front of her. I grasped her hands.

They were so cold.

"Soyeon ahh ! " I urged at her, shaking her hands to get the smallest attention. She didn't budge. I looked up to her face and looked back down to watch my warm hands moistening hers. I could see scarred up patches and gashes running along her knuckles and palm. She was skinny. Too skinny. Her wrist bones were ripe and round. Her arms like metal train poles. Soyeon ahh . . 

Her black tank top revealed her new pale skin. It hasn't been this white, since I last saw her.

"Soyeon . .  . " I gnawed my tongue and lifted her face by slowly pulling it up on each sides of her face.

Her eyes were red. Bloodshot. Her pupils dilated. Raw and wet with long gone tears. Eye fat was rashed and reddened.

She was very white. Like as if she was sick. Her lips were ripped and cracked. And her eyes remained still.

Grabbing her into a tight hug, I swirled my palm on her back and smoothly coaxed "It'll be okay. I'm here for you. " I pulled my hand from her back and caressed her cheek thoughtfully. I let go and held onto her shoulders with both my hands. Her muscles relaxing and not tense.

She twitched a eyelid at me. Her eyes were different. The ones that would brighten up at you, now have no light and faded away into deep colors.

Her dry lips synced out abruptly. "Eunjung. . " I looked at her, more closely. She looked at me pained. Her unemotional mouth frowning downwards. Her teeth biting her bottom lip. Her eyes closed tightly. Tears plipped at the corners of her eyes. "Don't cry. " I uncomfortably told her.

"I'm not crying. . " She whispered to me. She smiled. I looked at her pained. She grinned. Her bright teeth showing off to me, but her eyes showing no light.

She grasped my hand and looked at me. "What brings you here ? " She asked as if everything was alright. I cringed. She was so pitiful.

What do I do ? I'm not Superman.