03

Breathless

 

Something’s not right.

 

The BAP boys and SECRET girls don’t know what is it but something just doesn’t feel quite right.

 

They’re on the plane now, with the other idols, heading towards Kuala Lumpur for the 27th Golden Disk Award Show. Each of them was doing their own things; some listening to music, some dozing off, but in every little while, they just can’t help it but felt… weird.

 

“Something’s off.” Junhong whispered to Jongup as they adjust themselves, inching closer to each other to keep their conversation as private as possible. Despite their movements, their eyes continued to stay on one particular SECRET member.

 

“Noona’s weird today.”

 

Junhong felt himself nodding in agreement to Jongup’s statement as he continued to observe Sunhwa, who’s currently reading a book while listening to her songs.

 

The two boys slowly turned to look at the sleeping figure beside Jongup and then back to each other.

 

“Daehyun hyung’s weird too.”

 

The both of them found themselves nodding their heads once more.

 

“Actually, now that I think about it again, Daehyun hyung’s not weird. He’s too normal. He’s acting like how he always does in our dorms.”

 

“That’s it!” Junhong whispered excitedly, bringing Jongup’s attention back to him.

 

“Daehyun hyung’s weird because he’s acting normally when the SECRET noonas are around. And the reason for that is because Sunhwa noona didn’t talk to him today! Which made Sunhwa noona weird too!”

 

A wide grin spreads across the main dancer’s face as he slowly absorbed the reasoning Junhong came up with.

 

Everything made sense now!

 

However, just like how easily the grin spread across his face, Jongup’s face dropped as easily too, which confused Junhong.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“It still doesn’t seem quite right.”

 

“What doesn’t?”

 

“Try recalling back to our combined practices, Daehyun hyung, he had been weird since then.” Jongup stated as his head turned towards their main vocalist.

 

Keeping silent, Junhong’s gaze followed Jongup’s and just like Jongup, his face fell while muttering a soft ‘oh’.

 

“You don’t think something happened between them?”

 

“Is it because of us and our teasing?” Junhong looked at his best friend, a look of worry plastered on his face.

 

Jongup blinked.

 

Sh*t. This made even more sense then their previous theory.

 

Letting out a long sigh, the two boys slumped back into their seats and remained in that position until they reached their destination.

 

Lying in his bed, Jung Daehyun stared at the ceiling of the hotel room he’s sharing with Youngjae.

 

He’s not that unobservant nor is he deaf.

 

The conversation that those two brats had on the plane, he had heard it all. A soft smile grew on Daehyun’s pretty face; the two youngest are not so naive and ignorant after all.

 

To think they even tried playing cupid during dinner earlier, even though it’s a complete fail. He doesn’t know about Sunhwa but he definitely saw through Jongup’s and Junhong’s awkward smiles.

 

Those two really did felt that it’s their fault.

 

Talking about Sunhwa, like what those two had mentioned in their supposed to be secret conversation on the plane, indeed, she had not spoken to him today. Not even a greeting, much less the usual ‘she attacks, he defends’ kind of conversation.

 

Daehyun recalled the phone conversation he had with her for the radio broadcast. Her constant compliments had led him speechless again even though he had made sure not to act like a fool during the past few weeks.

 

But yesterday was an exception.

 

He was surprised when she called him. He was even more surprised when she started their conversation with compliments. And heck, he nearly dropped their phone when he heard her said she likes him.

 

His defense was fully down with all these surprises despite knowing it’s for a radio broadcast.

 

But that’s going to be the last time.

 

Sitting up, he decided, the war will end tonight.

 

Han Sunhwa strolled slowly, enjoying the night breeze of Kuala Lumpur and the peace of the night. Subconsciously, she found her thoughts on the two youngest of their company. A small smile formed beautifully on her face.

 

Those two are really idiots.

 

But she had to give them points for their efforts of playing cupid. Even though she had totally seen through it. They must have noticed how she didn’t even greet Daehyun that day.

 

Was she that obvious?

 

Even her own members were asking her earlier. Sunhwa let out a soft chuckle. What is she talking about? She had made her flirting acts obvious, of course they would have noticed.

 

But today, she just doesn’t have that mood to play this game.

 

Stepping back to her hotel, she decided to erase all these thoughts and prepare for a good performance the next day.

 

However, these plans got cancelled out immediately when the doors of the elevator opened. Because standing right in there, is the source of her so called problems – Jung Daehyun.

 

Their eyes met.

 

Sunhwa shrugged off that weird feeling as she stepped into the elevator. Inside, she turned to look at Daehyun, confused; for instead of stepping out, Daehyun had pressed the ‘close’ button.

 

“Aren’t you going out?”

 

“There’s no need for me to do that now.”

 

She can’t help but noticed that smirk on his handsome face.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you’re here.”

 

Sunhwa blinked as she felt her heart missed a beat. She turned her attention away, determined to face anything but him. What did he mean by that?

 

Daehyun smirked at the reaction of his noona. He didn’t know what made him said that but one thing he knows, it’s fun. Especially with her flustered reaction. Is this how she felt whenever he acts this way around her?

 

“Noona,” Daehyun grabbed the hand that was reaching out for the buttons, “I want to go to the rooftop. With you.”

 

Looking up to meet his eyes, Sunhwa felt herself blushing as her breath quickened.

 

He flashed her a smile.

 

She turned away, trying to hide her growing blush as her hand escaped from his grip.

 

Since when, when did he learn how to be so charming like this? When did he learn how to flirt like this? He was still giving her one word replies during yesterday’s phone call!

 

Thump thump thump

 

Staring at Daehyun’s back, Sunhwa clutched onto her chest. She could feel her own heart beating faster and faster. Why, just why is she acting this way? Why is she even feeling slightly happy that he’s the one doing the attacking now?

 

“Daehyun ah,” She took in a breath, “You’re acting weird today.”

 

“Am I?”

 

She nodded stupidly as he grinned at her.

 

“How so?”

 

Caught off guard by that smirk, Sunhwa turned away, flustered. This is not fair; he totally had her trapped with his beautiful face.

 

“Well-” Calming herself down, she turned her gaze back to him but she was totally surprised by the very fact that he’s now a lot closer to her.

 

“Well what?”

 

“I-”

 

Leaning in, he whispered softly into her left ear, which sent chills throughout her whole body.

 

“Is it because you’re the one speechless right now and I’m the one being in advantage?”

 

Sunhwa kept silent, knowing very well that that’s exactly the reason.

 

Silence took over as Daehyun stepped back, looking out at the night scenery. As for Sunhwa, she’s still figuring out what she should do.

 

“I like you, noona.”

 

“What?” Sunhwa’s eyes widened as that simple statement stopped her flow of thoughts. Turning her head abruptly, she faced him, trying to search for evidence of lying on Daehyun’s face.

 

But no, he looked serious with that soft smile on his face as he turned back to look at her.

 

“I like you a lot.”

 

He repeated the line he said to her the day before on the phone. Just that this time, it’s more private and sincere.

 

Sunhwa let out an awkward laugh, hoping that it would calm her pounding heart.

 

“Stop joking, Daehyun ah. You win.”

 

“No, really, I like you like that.”

 

This time, it’s the answer that he missed yesterday. He repeated it once again, for her.

 

“Are you being se-”

 

Sunhwa blinked.

 

Her mind blanked.

 

For all she felt now, was Daehyun’s lips on hers.

 

But just as sudden as he kissed her, he pulled away as quickly too.

 

“Yes, I’m being serious. And yes, I win.”

 

Not being able to control herself, Sunhwa let that giggle escaped her lips. That blush on Daehyun’s face had totally exposed the fact that he must be feeling embarrassed about this.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

Sunhwa didn’t reply, instead she took a step closer, giving him her sweetest smile.

 

Daehyun got scared.

 

“Noona?” He questioned, taking a step back with each of her steps, “I’m… sorry?”

 

She grabbed hold of his hand, still smiling. Swiftly, she pecked him lightly on the lips, smiling even more brightly after that when her eyes met his confused ones.

 

“Who said anything about you winning?”

 

“I…”

 

“You won earlier but I win this time round.” Sunhwa bragged as she hugged his left arms, “Let’s go back.”

 

With that, Sunhwa dragged a still confused Daehyun towards the lift lobby.

 

“Hey that’s not fair!”

 

Came BAP’s main vocalist exclamations shortly after, followed by Sunhwa’s hearty laughter.

 

The next day, in BAP’s waiting room, Sunhwa had appeared suddenly before their special stage. And of course, the person she’s headed towards was definitely Daehyun.

 

“They’re back to normal?” Jongup whispered secretly to Junhong who’s standing beside him as they observed from a corner.

 

“Something’s still off though.”

 

Daehyun and Sunhwa gave each other knowing glances as they eyed the two youngest sneakily from the corner of their eyes. They’re definitely discussing about the two of them.

 

“What should we do about those two?”

 

“Just ignore them. They seemed to be having fun anyway.”

 

Turning back to give them another look, which Jongup and Junhong pretended to be doing something else, the two older ones can’t help but to chuckle at their innocence. 

 

“They’re talking now, but something’s still off.”

 

“Should we ask?”

 

“You do the asking, you’re the youngest, it’s easier.”

 

“But you’re the one who Daehyun hyung always hangs out with other than Youngjae hyung!”

 

“Let’s do scissors-paper-stone. The loser will do the asking.”

 

“Deal!”

 

And in the end, Jongup’s the one who lost.

 

Keeping to their deal, he went forward or rather, got pushed forward to the couple by Junhong after their special stage.

 

Awkwardly, he brought up that one question while the latter hid behind his back giving the couple an anticipating look.

 

And when they really did tell them what had happened, Junhong’s jaw dropped for so long that Sunhwa had to pushed it up. Jongup just stared at his hyung and noona, trying to absorb whatever they told him.

 

It doesn’t matter who had won or who had lost in this little game. For all they know, the war had officially ended in peace.

 

No one’s going to die because of the lack of oxygen. 

------
That's basically the end of this threeshots! Thank you for all the subscriptions and comments!
I hope you guys had enjoyed it! :)

I actually had a lot of fun writing this whole thing. 
Especially with the DaeJongLo + the last chapter where Daehyun totally got the upper hand. 
And no, he didn't have split personalities. 
Remember, weeks past from Chp01 - Chp03. And he's one mischevious boy, I just thought it's supposed to be in him. 
So that's all, we shall meet again!

Being shameless again, I submitted another entry. This time an angst one titled:
Rain Falls; Heart Breaks ft all four pairings. Click on it if you're interested!