01

Breathless

 

He has always been a fan of hers.

 

Even before his own debut, or rather, even before he came into TS Entertainment and finally get to see her in person. Back then, in Busan, he had seen her on the television screen and had found her pretty. Yet, when he first saw her in person with her members, he was still awestruck, maybe even more.

 

She's way prettier in person.

 

At that time, his manager had caught him staring too, like how those two brats did earlier. And in his daze, he had actually asked his manager to help him get their autographs.

 

Jung Daehyun mentally slapped himself.

 

What the hell was he thinking back then? And why was he thinking about all these right now?

 

He turned to look at the two youngest playing around while they walked back to their practice room.

 

Yes, it’s definitely their fault.

 

However, when they stepped back into the practice room, all sorts of tortures towards the two youngest disappeared from Daehyun’s mind. Because right there, in the middle of the practice room, talking to s, are the SECRET members, which means, her – Han Sunhwa.

 

Daehyun blinked.

 

Once.

 

Twice.

 

“Daehyun ah!” Her voice rang beautifully into his ears as she scooted right in front of him.

 

Jongup’s and Junhong’s snickering brought him back to reality. Turning to their direction, he gave them each a death glare.

 

“Daehyun ah!”

 

“Ah yes.”

 

He replied, feeling stupid immediately right after the reply came out of his mouth. He could feel Jongup’s and Junhong’s mischievous grin directed at him, which he’s trying very hard to ignore. The female in front of him is enough to make him uncomfortable.

 

“We’re going to have another special stage for Golden Disk Awards. They should pair us up again, right? Wonbin?”

 

“Ah yes.”

 

Oh right, BAP’s and SECRET’s special stage for Golden Disk Awards. That’s why they’re here.

 

Daehyun looked at the female in front of him. He felt his face heat up when she smiled at him.

 

Busan Wonbin and Busan Kim Taehee. Ever since their Singapore Fanmeeting, she’s been using it on him a lot. Himchan brought it up occasionally too, to , mainly because he knows that he hated that nickname the most.

 

Still staring at her while she just continued to ramble on, his eyes trailed down to her lips. The way her lips moves as she talks; the way her lips shine because of her lip-gloss; the way-

 

“What are the two of you doing by the entrance?”

 

Returning back to reality, Daehyun turned to greet the dance instructor. Secretly, he’s thankful for his arrival. As much as he didn’t want to admit, Junhong’s right.

 

At that moment, Daehyun actually felt himself out of breath.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

Snapping out of his umpteenth trance of that day, Daehyun felt himself being tugged and before he knew it, Sunhwa was already dragging him by his wrist to join the others.

 

Turning to look at Jongup and Junhong again, Daehyun really wants to slap those grins away from their pretty faces.

 

The special stage this time is something more casual. Youngjae, Jieun noona and himself would be starting the stage with Starlight Moonlight. The other 2 SECRET members will join in for Crash and then them, the BAP boys will join them on stage in the middle.

 

They started with the mass stage first and as if it’s a prank from god, the dance instructor had positioned him right next to her.

 

By instinct, he had avoided standing too close to her. He remembered having to gulp down 2 bottles of cold water to calm himself down after each practice for their previous special stage.

 

No, he’s not letting history repeat itself again; especially when it’s such a casual stage. However, Himchan kept pushing him nearer to her, complaining about how imbalance it looks.

 

Occasionally, she would turn to give him a questioning look, which he just returned with an awkward smile.

 

When Sunhwa was practicing her parts for Crash, he can’t help but to leave his gaze on her. Even though it’s short, he loved the fact that she’s singing his verse. It sounded perfect to him.

 

“I told you, you’re staring.” Jongup whispered leaning closer to his right. The BAP boys were all taking a break by the side while the SECRET members rehearsed their parts.

 

“So stop denying, hyung.” Junhong joined in, settling himself closer to Daehyun’s left.

 

And this time, Daehyun didn’t deny.

 

It has unknowingly become a little flirting war; where she's attacking and he's defending.

 

He didn’t want to admit it earlier because Sunhwa’s always getting the upper hand in this game. She always wins by making him speechless. She always wins because he became a fool in front of her. 

 

He was always at the losing end.

 

Every single time, he had to remind himself to breathe as her soothing voice float into his ears like some beautiful melody.

 

And if this continues, he will be out of breath soon.

 

He won’t allow it.

 

Not when the two youngest are already teasing him about it. He’s going to show them, show her, who’s the boss in this game.

 

This time, he’s going to have the upper hand. 

--

I know I tagged this as 'one-shot' but after some planning. I figured, this will be a threeshots. 
Also, I'm thankful for the subscribers and comment I received. It means a lot to me. :)