02

Breathless

It started out as a joke.

 

She had found it cute when he had actually asked for their autographs when he first arrived at TS Entertainment building.

 

She had found it cute when he seemed to hide behind his own members whenever they are around.

 

So she started having fun, trying to experiment ways to fish for more of his different shy reactions.

 

Back then in Singapore, she loves how he turned speechless when she went to sit beside him as she claimed herself as Busan Kim Taehee. She loves how he can’t seem to look her in the eyes. She loves how his speech ability dropped down to only ‘Ah yes’ when she called him Wonbin when they’re at the beach.

 

And when he had admitted that she, Han Sunhwa, caught his eyes the most for the first time he saw them, during Show Champion, she’s determined to fish for more of his shy reactions.

 

Sunhwa sighed quietly. Careful to not let the others catch her during this radio broadcast.

 

However, Daehyun’s different lately.

 

Or rather.

 

His reactions towards her have become slightly different. Ever since their first practice for their GDA special stage. No more hiding; no more stuttering; no more short and awkward replies.

 

He’s just being cool about this whole thing.

 

This is why; he’s chosen to be the one she’s calling.

 

She had a new experiment to conduct.

 

The dial tone started ringing. She’s confident he would pick it up because she knows; BAP’s mobile phone is always with their main vocalist every Monday.

“Hello.”

 

She heard his voice; which for unknown reasons, made her heart skipped a beat.

 

“Daehyun ah, it’s noona. Sunhwa noona.”

 

Sunhwa heard Daehyun let out an awkward laugh, which she was secretly happy for it.

 

Right straight to the point, Sunhwa started attacking him with compliments. In others’ eyes, she might be doing it for the game but in actual fact, she’s doing it to fish for Daehyun’s reaction in their own game.

 

She started using her secret weapon, Busan Wonbin and Busan Kim Taehee. But Daehyun’s still not giving any reply other than “Ah yes.”

 

Her old Daehyun is back.

 

However, for the broadcast purpose, she has to continue with her attacks.

 

“I like you so much.”

 

For some weird reasons, she actually felt nervous saying those words out despite knowing that it’s a game for the broadcast.

 

“I like you too”

 

And when he finally gets the flow of the whole thing and replied; Sunhwa felt her face heat up a little even though it’s the wrong answer.

 

She felt her heart beats faster with every ‘I like you’ that came out from his mouth, which she tried to act casually about it.

 

In the end, she lost the game.

 

But she doesn’t care actually; she doesn’t care how he said it; his voice and the words ‘I like you’ just keep repeating in her mind even though she knew it’s just for a stupid game.

 

“I heard you like her a lot, Lee Sooyoung.”

 

At that moment, Sunhwa suddenly felt uncomfortable about the fact that Daehyun’s actually talking to his so-called dream girl. She felt even more uncomfortable when he started to sound more enthusiastic while talking to Lee Sooyoung than to herself.

 

She noticed how he’s talking more to Lee Sooyoung than to her.

 

But why is she even bothered by it? She wanted him to be back to the shy and awkward boy right? So why was she feeling this way then?

 

 “Yes, I hope so.”

 

Came his reply when Lee Sooyoung said that she wished that they would meet someday. Right then, Sunhwa felt like teleporting back to their building and strangle Daehyun for his reply.

 

“No more please.”

 

This time, she finally voiced out her thoughts when Lee Sooyoung mentioned that she’s nervous.

 

“I don’t think the phone call can continue.”

 

Because if she really does continue to listen to Daehyun’s and Lee Sooyoung’s greasy conversation, she might really lose her self-control.

 

It had all started out as a joke, which slowly turned into a game. Her actions were only to fish for his reactions, which she found it cute.

 

So why?

 

Why was she feeling that tad disappointed after his conversation with Lee Sooyoung? Why was she feeling a bit upset when she recalls his one word replies to her earlier?

 

Shouldn’t she be glad that he’s back to being his awkward self?

 

It was a small little flirting war between them. She had always been the one attacking while he’s always the one defending.

 

But maybe, just maybe; she’s tired of attacking and winning.

 

For the first time, in this game, she wants him to do the attacking. 

-----

So, the first chapter was in Daehyun's view while we have Sunhwa's view in this chapter.
Next chapter will be the last! Who do you think will win this war? :P
And once again, thank you for the subscriptions and the comments! Keep them coming in! :P

And some shameless advertising. A preview for upcoming fic! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0OoJuHorkU