last 3 A.M.s

공차기 나귀의 사이드와 하녀/ maid with a side of asskickin'

Jasmine

No one in the U.S. is a morning person, except the farmers. I grew up on a small country farm in West Michigan. It is actually quite rural there. I went to a small Elementary school of seventy students. All the kids were farmer's sons or daughters. So, they always talked to eachother about plants and their horses. But I never quite fit in. In my free time, i would google images of cities. I have never been to a big city before. the biggest city i have ever been to is Lapeer, for a farming convention. I have never been to Detroit before. Momma always said the people there were only sinful politicians and dirty hobos. But reguardless i still wished to go to a city. When i got the crimson letter that one day, I was intrigued. I would get to go to Seoul! But when momma found out, my heart sank.

"Momma," I cried, feeling guilty about leaving the family farm.

"What, Jazzy?" She said, not even looking up from her knitting. She was knitting a hat out of Alpaca Wool. For my brother, Donovan.

"Well," i hesitated, sitting down on the sofa.

"Spit it out!" shrieked the old lady.

"I'm leaving the family farm." I said, relieved.

She looked up at me with a look of disbelief.

"No. you wouldn't leave this little old woman, would you?" She asks me.

"You'll have dad," I say.

"He's just a lazy bastard who does nothing unless you beg him to," She says back to me. 

"Well then," I say coldly.

She gives me a pained look. I feel like crying, but my eyes stay dry.

"I guess you can go," she sighs, "No one cares what a lil' ol' lady like me says anyway."

"Momma, don't say that!" I cry.

"Fine, dear. Shouldn't you be going somewhere?" She says.

"Yup."

And then I left the farm, carrying a small cow skin bag, to ride aboard my first ever car.

Niya

I mess with the fringe on my forehead. I feel only a little grief for leaving the country. I grew up in the U.S, but i moved here to study away at an English Boarding school. My roomate, Vena, boots the door. she tries to kick it open so we can eat our breakfast.

"Bloody... door..." She stammers.

I snap out of this cursed daze and open the door for Vena. She nods at me.

Sometimes she gets on my nerves. We eat to One Direction, Vena's favorite group. I prefer The Saturdays.

"So," She says to me, staring down at her biscuit, " You're leaving me today, you bum."

"Vena," I sigh, "I'll be back soon."

"Ok!" she snaps randomly. I still love her as a friend, though She can be bipolar at times.

And then i left. I honestly won' t write no more, for i have no more to say.

Maya

Why must people worry about tomorrow when it is always today? I wonder that as time goes by this morning. A trip to seoul is, well, meh for me because i don't wanna leave my boyfriend Colin. he's been there even when i break down occasionally. I already miss him. I ride on the shuttle with my arms neatly folded, staring at my hands. My nails are painted a smashing pink, which is my favorite color. My Tibetian guard dog, Bennet, yips wildly at the bloody shuttle driver. I have not seen his face, nor heard him speak. Instead he just drives, shut up like Aunt Nelly's cellar. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. I eat some Dolly Mix to calm my nerves. I am a junk food addict.But then, a tall girl with beautiful dark skin hops into the shuttle. 

"Hello," She says cheerfully, "my name is Niya."

"Hello Niya," I say back, "What a smashing name. Mine is Maya."

"Bloody good pleasure to meet you!" she says.

I nod in agreement and offer her some Dolly Mix. She takes a small few pieces.

I think we will be friends.