Six

Down to Earth

Hello everyone! It's been a really long time. I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

 

 

The next morning, Donghae woke up. His body aching from sleeping on the hard floor. He groaned and turned around. Jessica was still sleeping. Absentmindedly, he reached for the strands of hair covering her face and pushed them behind her ears. 

 

Jessica stirred in her sleep and Donghae retreated his hands back as quickly as he could. Jessica opened one of her eyes and Donghae did a quick stretch and loud yawn. 

 

"You're awake. Are you going to work again? At the coffee-shop you brought me the other day?" Jessica asked. 

 

Donghae nodded his head and stood up. He started keeping the blankets and pillows and brought it into his bedroom. Jessica followed him quietly into the room. She bit her lips and look at Donghae; she wants to ask the question but she didn't know if... 

 

"What's on your mind?" Donghae turned to look at her. 

 

Jessica looked up at him and grinned sheepishly. "Is it okay if I follow you to your shop today?" 

 

She looked down and fiddled with her fingers. 

 

Was it a weird question to ask?

 

Her cheeks felt hot and and turned away from Donghae. Her heart beat was beating a little faster than normal. His response finally came. 

 

"Alright, I'll bring you." 

 

Jessica smiled and turned to hug Donghae, startling him. 

 

"I'll go wash up now then." Jessica said, running out of the room immediately. 

 

Donghae chuckled to himself and shook his head. He went out to make breakfast of the both of them. 

 

 

Jessica walked out of the showroom in a simple pink floral flowy dress. Her blond hair tied in a side braid. Donghae, who was sitted on the sofa, looked at her and his mind went completely blank for a few good seconds. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. 

 

Jessica did a little spin and then a small courtesy. She looked at Donghae, expecting him to say something. He was only staring at her. 

 

"I'll go wash up now. Give him about ten minutes." Donghae rushed into the washroom.

 

He placed his hands onto the sink and let out a sigh. He stared into his reflection and shook his head, then slapping himself lightly. He tried to shake off the fast beating of his heart and the tap and splashing himself with water. He shook off the image of Jessica in her outfit and focused. 

 

You can't, Donghae. She might have a family, or a boyfriend. And you have only known her for a few days. All you can do now is to send her home safely. Heavens or not. 

 

After five minutes, Donghae walked out of the shower room in casual outfits. He told Jessica to grab whatever she needed before heading out. Soon after, they made their way towards the cafe. 

 

It was around nine in the morning at the time and people was all trying to get to work, walking as quickly as they could, shoving everyone within in their way, and saying 'Sorry'. Jessica was constantly walking behind Donghae, looking at the amazing environment. They took the bus, which was a little crowded and Donghae had to make sure that she was comfortable and did not alight at the wrong stop. 

 

They were reaching a bus-stop where all the office workers were dropping off. The bus came to a halt and people started squeezing their way through. Donghae and Jessica were unfortuanately sandwiched in the middle, and it was hard to make space of the people who wanted to get off the stop. With his daily encounters, Donghae was able to make sure that he wasn't in the way of everyone. However, Jessica couldn't. She was pushed to and fro by the passengers and she didn't know what to do. 

 

She was pushed forward to the bus exit but before anything else could happen, someone held onto her hands, pulling her into his embrace. She looked up and saw Donghae's apologetic smile towards the passengers as he apologized for being in their way. 

 

Jessica felt her heart beating faster. She smile in his embrace. But soon enough, the warm hands pulled away from her and she felt slightly dissapointed. 

 

"Are you okay?" Donghae asked. 

 

Jessica nodded and turned to face the exit. She didn't know why she felt slightly annoyed when he pulled away. She just wanted to hold his hands. Being deeply in her thoughts, she didn't know that she unconsciously held onto Donghae's hands again. 

 

Donghae looked down when he felt the small hands grasping onto his. He followed the trail of the owners' hands and his eyes landed on Jessica. He raised an eyebrow and questioned her. 

 

"What are you doing now?" 

 

Jessica frowned and look at him. Donghae raised their hands that were clutched together. 

 

"Oh." Jessica understood. 

 

"I didn't want that to happen again, so that's why..." 

 

She bit her lips, hoping that it would be some kind of good excuse for her. 

 

Donghae didn't questioned her actions again and simply nodded. Instead, he gave her hands a little squeezed. 

 

Jessica smiled in secret, feeling the assurance. 

 

 


 

 

I thought I lost my inspiration after all that has happened last year. But I'm trying to finish this story. 

Thank you to every one of you who have clicked the subscribe button for this story. I will not disappoint and continue to upload the following chapters whenever I can. 

                                                                                                                                                                 – eeniminee