V - They make everything alright (OT12)

Postcard Fictions

 

 

They are on a one-month break after their countless promotions of MAMA, spending and enjoying what they call a once-in-a-lifetime freedom in Hawaii, a hot spot for tourists across the globe to have vacations. Who could resist the beautiful beaches and the tropical breeze? The destination was picked by Wufan, and it seemed like no one opposed to it and even showed enthusiasm and excitement. They have to be accompanied by their managers, after all EXO is one of the most popular idol groups in the Korean entertainment industry, despite only releasing only their first mini album. But the album and digital sales wouldn't lie about how receptive the fans are.

All in all, Jongin is glad that his ears are free from the screamo verses in MAMA, though ironically it's his part in the song which he should be proud of. And Sehun is estastic by the idea of able to be with Luhan without any separation in between, at least for now. However, out of all the members, Wufan can sense it is Zitao who loves the place the most, even though he barely shows it. 

There they are, in their resort suite's living room, sitting in a circle as instructed by Wufan. He thinks for a while before saying, "Let's try something new."

It's something that Wufan has thought of doing before coming to Hawaii, a meaningful activity which he decides that the twelve of them should engage in, where they can finally be themselves, a night where their real sides reveal secrets and pent-up frustrations and desires, and their mouths speak with so much honesty and wistfulness that everyone can resonate with.

So Wufan heads into his bedroom where he's sharing with Zitao and Chen, and returns with an A4-sized paper ,twelve pens and a small wooden box which he has prepared for the activity. He settles between Jongin and Yixing, and begins folding the blank sheet into twelve columns. He then separates them by taring them into 12 equal slips, and hands each of them a slip and a pen.

"Hyung, what's this for?" Sehun flutters the slip of paper in the air and asks curiously.

Wufan clears his throat with a light cough before he answers.

"I'm going to explain it now. Okay, so basically, what we will be doing in a short while is writing your thoughts of being in EXO, or just being an idol, or anything in relations to that. You can summarise in just one or two sentences, or even a word. Write your name on top before the contents. After you're done, just fold the paper and throw them into this box," Wufan places the wooden box right in the middle of their circle.

"After everyone has finished, I will just pick out any one of the folded slips one by one and read them out. You will elaborate a little on what you have written, and nobody is to comment on anything. Understood?"

The eleven of them nod in acknowledgement and begin busying themselves.

Wufan watches as Jongin writes 'KAI', three black, bold, jagged letters spaced out evenly and occupied the top of the sheet, but before he starts to write the first word of his reflection, he scribbles away the three letters and instead writes 'Jongin', smooth, light, cursive.

Wufan smiles in relief that Jongin still remembers that sometimes, he needs to be himself. 

Being the last one to start and the first one to finish, Wufan tosses his into the box, eyes then idly roam across the room to see each of them in their pensive visages while pens on their fingers pause and work.

After the wooden is filled with the twelve folded slips of paper, Wufan retrieved it, and starts to randomly pick out the first one.

He unfolds and he sees neat Chinese characters.

"Huang Zitao." Wufan reads out aloud. They cast Zitao a fleeting glance before setting their gaze back on him.

He scans through Zitao's slip and it's all in Chinese. Wufan automatically translates them into Korean for the K members' sake, before reading them out.

It's not a feat at all despite his lack of fluency in Korean, since in that one short statement Zitao has written, and when Kris looks at him with a knowing gaze and smile, it can only meant one thing. There's no need for Zitao to say anything further.

EXO is one.

Because they are what that make everything alright.