05

I'm sorry...

The weather dropped dramatically and now it was snowing every day. A day after the competition Haneul was trying to keep in touch with Woohyun but failed miserably. She tried to call his cell phone but it sent her to voice mail; she even called to his home but no one pick it up.

Haneul sighed and lay on her bed. She kept glancing at her phone in hope that it will alert her with a new message.

“Stupid Woohyun, why aren’t you answering?” She murmured and closed her eyes. “Just, please come. You promised.” She sighed and after a few minutes stood up.

He changed into warm clothes and walked out of her house towards the studio.

 

The next day she was dead nervous. All the crew was in the place where the completion would be taking place.

Hyerin was back from Japan and she was sitting in the third row with a video camera, Sunggyu was next to her checking his camera. Hyerin kept glancing at the entrance. People kept arriving but Woohyun was nowhere to be found.

“At what time Woohyun said he was going to get here?” She asked, eyes roaming the crowd.

“He’s not going to come.” Hyerin turned to him with wide eyes.

“What?! But he said he was coming!” Sunggyu looked at her and talked softly.

“That was three weeks ago, before Doojoon decided to go on vacation with his friends to his house on Jeju.” Hyerin blinked confused. “Woohyun was one of the friends that went with him.”

“What?!!” She yelled and stared at her boyfriend with wide eyes. “How did you know that?!”

“Because he invited me but I decline. I didn’t know Woohyun would go, though. But Hyomin went so…”

Hyerin slumped on her seat and blinked a few times stunned. Sunggyu squished her hand and smiled softly, turning to his camera again.

How could Woohyun do something like this to his, supposedly, best friend? He knew how much this meant for Haneul and still he went to Doojoon’s house in Jeju. This will hurt her for sure.

A few minutes later the lights on the scenario went off and the show began. The Couple Competition started and after a few partners made their routine; it was time for Dongwoo and Haneul. Hyerin lifted her camera to her face while Sunggyu took a few pictures.

Haneul walked to the center of the scenario with military green pants and a white top with a knot at the side showing her flat tummy. Her hair was straight with some glitter on it and her eyes were highlighted with makeup.

‘Anonymous’ started to sound loudly on the speakers and Dongwoo walked out of the backstage towards her and they both started to move to the beat. They began to dance their part while keeping eye contact at some parts of the song. Both danced with so synchronization that Sunggyu forgot to keep taking pictures to gape at them with his mouth open. Each move and wave they did was strong and in synch but both with their own style. At the end of the song they both met on the center and did a y body wave while keeping eye contact. The song ended and the crowd clapped and yelled at them, Hyerin and Sunggyu were the loudest.

Dongwoo and Haneul linked hands and bowed to the public before running out of view to backstage.

The Couple Competition ended and it was time for the Solos.

 

At backstage, Haneul peeked through the curtains. She bit her lip when she only spotted Sunggyu and Hyerin.

“Who are you spying?” Dongwoo rested his head on her shoulder from behind.

“Woohyun isn’t here.” She closed the curtain with a sigh and turned to Dongwoo. “I haven’t seen Hoya too.” Haneul murmured sadly.

“Hoya?” Dongwoo blinked confused. “He didn’t told you?”

“Told me what?” Her eyebrows furrowed.

“He’s going on the Solo competition.” Haneul’s eyes widened and she looked around.

“Really?! He didn’t tell me anything! Where is he?”

“He’s preparing himself. You didn’t saw him? He was looking at us when we were out.” Dongwoo said and walked to the side of the scenario where he can see all the performances.

Haneul’s heart fluttered at the idea of Hoya watching her dance. Yes, he did saw her on the dance studio but this was different. It made her feel nervous about his opinion; he’s a good dancer after all. She followed Dongwoo and stood next to him.

The last number was Hoya’s and before he was even announced he walked to the side of one of the entrance. He made eye contact with Haneul and smiled.

And .

Haneul felt a wave of heat rushed to her face and ears and her heart started to beat 1000 times per second. He looked stunning. His bangs were styled upwards and he even had a bit of eyeliner making his gaze stronger. He wore skinny leather jeans and a black beater and he had a white cap in one hand and a leather black jacket on the other.

He literally took her breath away.

Hoya’s name came out of the speakers and with another smile to her way, he walked out with a confident face. Haneul’s eyes followed him and Dongwoo chuckled beside her.

“You’re drooling.” He said with a smile laugh. Haneul shut and rubbed her hand against her chin, face flaming red.

“Why he didn’t tell me?” She asked shocked. Dongwoo shrugged.

“He didn’t tell anyone, I knew something was up with him and I threatened him to tell me.” He smiled and let out a chuckle.

Both of them peeked through the curtains at Hoya who was in the middle of the scenario. Omarion’s O started and Hoya moved smoothly at the beat.

Haneul gaped at him and Dongwoo nodded with a smile on his face. At the middle of the song, Hoya removed his leather jacket, his movements got stronger with a lot of body waves and Haneul couldn’t help but stared at him. Dongwoo laughed at her side, clapping hard when he made a ing motion, he glanced at Haneul and laughed more at her stunned face.

Hoya’s turn was over and he grinned at the public as they started to scream. He glanced to the side and made eye contact with Haneul, she gasped when their eyes met and Hoya smiled, biting his lower bit, then he walked out of the stage from the other side.

“Holy …” Haneul was still in shock and Dongwoo laughed more.

“He’s good, uh?” He laughed and Haneul turned to him with her eyes wide.

“That was… I mean… His moves were… I-“ She groaned and hide her face behind her hands. “He looked so damn y!”

“Oh, really? Thanks.”

Haneul dropped her hands and froze. Hoya was in front of her, whipping the sweat off of his forehead with a towel. A satisfied smile on his face. Haneul’s face turned a deep shade of red and Dongwoo laughed again.

“H-Hoya, what are you doing here?” She stuttered, pointing a finger at him.

“Well, I came to congratulate you, I didn’t expect that compliment though.”

Dongwoo and Hoya laughed at her face and all Haneul wanted to do at that moment was to disappeared.

“What a great performance, man, you have to teach me that moves.” Dongwoo patted Hoya’s shoulder and did a body wave. Hoya nodded with a grin.

“Sure, thanks, bro.” He glanced at Haneul with an amused expression.

“What?” She barked, still dodging his eyes.

“You’re not going to say anything besides-“

“Okay!” Haneul raised her voice and gulped loudly. Hoya smiled, he loved to . “You were really good. I hope you win.” She said with her eyes lowered and walked past him without glancing at him.

Hoya’s eyes never leave her until she entered one of the rooms to change. Dongwoo laughed and patted his shoulder.

“She loved it.” He said with a wide grin.

 

When they announced the winners; Dongwoo and Haneul won the first place on the couple competition. They both hugged each other and jumped excited when they received the trophy. Haneul’s eyes found Hoya and he opened his arms with a wide grin. Haneul ran to him without a second though and laughed nervously saying that she couldn’t believe it. Hoya squeezed her tightly, enjoying the moment, telling her that she deserve that because she practiced hard for it. When they parted Haneul had glistering eyes and Hoya squeezed her hand in comfort, kissing her forehead.

Hoya won first place too and Dongwoo and Haneul cheered for him. Haneul hugged him and still on his arms, she kissed his cheek saying that he too deserved it. Hoya froze for a second but a stupid smile started to form on his lips. Dongwoo hugged them both and the three jumped happily.

When they walked out of the auditorium it was still snowing but they went to Dongwoo’s family restaurant to celebrate. Sunggyu showed them the pictures he took to Dongwoo and Haneul while Hyerin chatted with Hoya.

Hyerin liked Hoya, he was a nice guy, funny, responsible and he seems to care for Haneul a lot, and Hyerin was determinate to get them together.

“Look at this.” Hyerin took out her video camera and showed to Hoya the part of when they received their trophies, most exactly, when Dongwoo and Haneul won and she ran to hug Hoya. She paused when he kissed her forehead and turned to look at him. Hoya was blushing but the smile on his face was everything Hyerin needed to keep going. “I know you like her.”

Hoya glanced at her and nodded.

“I see.” Hyerin turned off her camera and looked at him with a serious face.

“You’re not stupid so you know by now about her feelings for Woohyun.” Hoya nodded and glanced around.

“Why isn’t he here anyways?” Hyerin sighed heavily and closed her eyes. Hoya frowned.

“That idiot is not going to come. He’s in Jeju with his girlfriend and friends.” She said quietly, afraid that Haneul might hear. Hoya’s eyes widened and his face stiffened.

What?” He couldn't believe him. He felt a wave of anger hit him.

“He’s stupid and he doesn’t know that what he’s doing is breaking Haneul bit by bit.” Hyerin looked at him. “What I’m going to say it might not be what I’m supposed to do, but I love Haneul, she’s a great friend and I hate to see how much she cares for Woohyun and yet he keeps hurting her.” Hoya nodded once. “So, could you… take care of her? I know you have a strong feeling towards her, I can see it.” Hoya lowered his eyes.

“Am I that obvious?” Hyerin smiled.

“So, could you?” She asked and gazed at him with hope. Hoya glanced at Haneul and saw her laughing with Sunggyu at some weird dance Dongwoo was doing. She clapped and slapped Sunggyu’s arm while laughing, he just narrowed his eyes at her but smile never leaving his face.

“Even if you didn’t ask me,” Hoya turned to Hyerin. “I would do it anyways.” He smiled and lowered his eyes. “I know it will take some time for her to get over Woohyun and accept me, but I’m willing to wait as long as she needs.” He looked up and Hyerin saw his eyes full of determination.

Hyerin smiled pleased and took a sip of her water. Hoya gave her a small smile.

 

It was Christmas day, the snow became heavier and still, there was no signal of Woohyun. Haneul sat on the living room covered by a thick blanket, the tv was on but she wasn’t paying attention to it. This was going to be another Christmas alone. Great.

Sunggyu was having dinner with his and Hyerin’s family, Dongwoo was out visiting his grandma with the rest of his family and Hoya was busy on his job, they didn’t gave him the day off. Haneul sighed and jumped startled as she heard the door opened with a loud bam. She stood up abruptly to greet her father.

“You’re home.” Haneul said softly and walked to help him with the plastic bags he carried. The man scoffed and saw her walked towards the kitchen.

“You’re still here? I though you would go out with your new friends.” He barked and stumbled a little. Haneul’s hands trembled as she put the cans of beer on the fridge. He was drunk again.

Haneul walked to the living room and froze when she saw his father glaring at her by the entrance.

“You know today is Christmas, right?” He asked coldly and Haneul nodded with fear. “Another Christmas alone and it’s all your fault!” He yelled and punched the nearest wall. Haneul flinched and lowered her gaze.

Mr. Yang walked towards her and grabbed the back of her head, pulling her hair harshly. Haneul cried in pain and her body trembled with fear.

“Because of you I lost the love of my life!” He tightened his grip on her despite the tears on his daughter’s eyes. “It’s been sixteen years since you take her away from me!” He yelled on her face.

Haneul wanted to puke as the strong smell of alcohol hit her face. She started to sob loudly.

“Dad, please… l-let me go, you’re hurting me…” She begged but knew that it was in vain. Her dad laughed.

I’m hurting you? I’m going to show what the real pain is.”

Haneul scream in pain as he slapped her hard on her right cheek making fall on the carpet. He kicked her on the stomach and lifted her by the shoulders, slamming her on the wall. Haneul whimpered in pain and fear.

“Look at me, you !” He yelled on her face and she slowly opened her eyes. His eyes were full of anger and resentment. “They should have let you die instead of her.” He whispered and Haneul closed her eyes, more tears falling down her cheeks. The hold on her shoulders getting more and more painful with each word. “I loved her so much and you take her away from me. You’re despicable. Killing your own mother. How can you live with that?” He snarled at her face and let her go with a face of disgust. “Get out of my sight! Just seeing you makes me sick.”

Without thinking twice, Haneul ran up the stairs and locked herself on her room. She turned around, her back resting on the door as she slid down, a loud sob escaped and she covered her face as she cried. The hits hurt, but what hurts her the most were his harsh, cold words. He always talked to her with hate and disgust; she couldn’t recall a good memory with her father.

Haneul hugged her knees to her chest while sobbing loudly. Her cheek was starting to throb so as her stomach.

After she has calmed, she got up from the floor and moaned in pain as the muscles on her stomach stretched. She dragged herself towards the bed and lay down, hugging a pillow as more silent tears escaped her eyes. Haneul took deep breaths but that just worsened the pain.

She knew that it was her fault that her mom died but if it would be on her hands; she would have choose her mother over her. That way Seungho would have grown up with her mother and his father would be happy with his family.

But it was Haneul’s mother who chose to save her one and only daughter, she couldn’t live with the guilt of having kill her own child, besides she trusted her husband to take her of their baby girl. Plus Seungho promised her that he would protect his sister no matter what and she trusted him.

But things didn’t ended the way her mother wanted and now Haneul have to live with her father’s hatred and the guilt of killing the one who gave her life.

 

Haneul stood in that position for a long time, it wasn’t until her cell phone alerted her with a new message that she straightened a little to take it from the table beside her bed.

She unlocked it and squinted her eyes as the light from the skin blinded her. She opened the message and smiled despite the numb feeling on her cheek.

‘From: Hoya :)

I hope you’re having a nice dinner keke
don’t eat too much and sleep early, uh?

Merry Christmas! <3’

Haneul smiled, typing a quick reply.

‘To: Hoya :)
Merry Christmas to you too, Hoya-ssi ;P’

‘From: Hoya :)
Any plans for tomorrow, aghassi?’

Haneul snorted at his reply, smile never leaving her face.

‘To: Hoya :)
Why? Are you going to invite me somewhere~?’

‘From: Hoya :)
Maybe haha, then at 3 is fine…?’

‘To: Hoya :)
Deal.
Good night, Hoya-ssi’

‘From: Hoya :)
See you tomorrow.
Sweet dreams, aghassi <3’
 

And that night, despite the bitter moment a few hours ago, Haneul went to sleep with a smile on her face.


- - - - - - -

If you found the dances familiar.... its pure coincidence LOL jk x)