04

I'm sorry...


Two weeks passed and Haneul didn’t know anything about Woohyun. She was so busy with her new part time job and practices that she didn’t have time to hang out with her friends. Hyerin went to visit her parents at Japan and Sunggyu joined the dance crew (thanks to Dongwoo’s stubbornness) so she spent a lot of time with the boys.

Hoya became close to Sunggyu, since he likes to read too, and the both of them exchanged books almost every two days.

“This is one of my favorites.” Sunggyu handed him a thick book. “Read it, and then tell me which was your favorite part.”

“I will, hyung.” Hoya put the book on his backpack.

They were on the dance studio and the class was just finished. He felt eyes on him and turned to look at Dongwoo and Haneul. “What?” He blinked.

“That book is huge are you sure you’re going to finish it in a week?” Dongwoo asked in disbelief.

“Is not that huge.” Hoya frowned.

“Maybe you should read it too.” Sunggyu said.

“No, thanks.” Both said at the same time. Hoya blinked at Haneul.

“You don’t like to read?”

“No, I get sleepy every time I open a book.” She stood up and stretched.

“You’re going to work?” Sunggyu asked, gathering up his things.

“Nope, today’s my day off.” She sighed in relief.

“Lucky you, I have to work every day with my sisters.” Dongwoo scrunched his face and stood up too. “I need to go to work if I want to keep living.” He laughed, walking towards the entrance.

“Wait, Dongwoo, I’m going with you. Bye, kids.” Sunggyu waved and rushed to the blonde guy.

Hoya waved and stood up too. He watched as Haneul slung her backpack over her shoulders and walked to her.

“Plans?” He asked and she looked over her shoulder and smiled.

“No, everyone is busy so I’m just going to watch a movie or something.”

“I’m not.”

“Uh?” She turned to him confused.

“I’m not busy. The restaurant would be closed for two days.” Hoya smiled. “Do you want to hang out?”


They walked to her house, talking about the new steps of the routine and how nervous they were for the competition.

“I can’t believe it’s in five days.” Haneul sighed and Hoya chuckled.

“It’s going to be fine.”

“Yeah, it’s going to-“ She looked up and gasped loudly.

In front of her house was a delivery guy with a big box. He was knocking on the door and tapping his foot impatiently. Haneul rushed to him with Hoya trailing behind.

“Hi.” She opened the white fence and the delivery guy looked at her with a smile.

“Hello. Are you Yang Haneul?” He read his notebook.

“Yes. How can I help you?” She walked to him. Hoya walked behind her watching the guy’s every move.

“This package is for you. You came in time, I was about to leave.” He handed her his notebook. “Sign here, please.”

Haneul did as he told, the guy checked everything and then handed her the big box. He bowed and rushed towards the white van.

“What is it?” Hoya asked curious.

“I don’t know.” She murmured and read the package tag, her eyes widened and she looked at Hoya with a big smile. “It’s from my oppa!” She opened the box immediately.

Hoya frowned. He had never heard her saying ‘oppa’ to anyone; this guy was someone special if she called him like that.

“Here’s a letter; ‘Hey, babo! Congrats for passing your exams! I wanted to give you your gift personally but I can’t visit you right now. I was debating whether or not to buy you this but I guess there isn’t a better gift for you. So enjoy it because this is the last time I’m buying you something like this. I love you, baby. See you soon!’” Haneul sighed with a happy smile while folding the letter again.

Hoya was just gazing at her, studying all the emotions that showed on her face. This guy call her ‘baby’ and she seemed to enjoy it. He felt his stomach clenched.

“Let’s see.” She said, unwrapping the package. A loud gasp leaved as she admired her gift.

It was a brand new Element Skateboard. The bottom side of the deck was black with the Element symbol in neon blue and other details in green, pink and yellow neon colors; the neon orange of the wheels was the final touch. The smile on her couldn’t be bigger, Haneul’s cheeks started to hurt.

Hoya gaped amazed at the amazing skateboard in front of him.

“This is beautiful.” She murmured, running her fingers over the back of her new skateboard.

“Who gave it to you?” Hoya asked, admiring it too.

“My brother.” Haneul laughed. “I though he wouldn’t want to me to ride one ever again!” She looked at him excited.

Hoya let out a sigh of relief at the word ‘brother’ and smiled at her.

“I didn’t know you liked skate.” She snorted.

“Are you kidding? I love it!” Haneul looked at him with sparks in her eyes. “Want to watch?”

 

They went to Hangkang Park and Haneul started to prove her new acquisition. She did a few ollies and kick flips. Hoya gaped at her.

“Woow, that was amazing!” He grinned and clapped. She stop next to him and blushed, scratching her temple.

“It’s been a few years since I have had one.”

“Really? It doesn’t seem like it.”

She blushed again and lowered her gaze; Hoya chuckled at her cute action. He reached out his hand to lift her chin when a voice stopped him.

“Noona?” A tall guy with blonde hair and blue fringe walked up to them with a skate in hand. “Noona is that you?” Haneul squinted her eyes at him and then opened them wide in recognition.

“Junhong?” She laughed. “Good lord, I almost didn’t recognize you!”

“I knew it was you, noona!” He hugged her tightly and she just patted his back. Hoya frowned and glared at the boy who didn’t budge at all. “Where have you been? It’s been years since I last saw you.” He smiled widely.

“I was busy. But look at you,” She made a motion with her hand over her head to the sky. “When did you get so tall, boy?”

“Oh stop it, noona.” The guy blushed and she laughed.

“I like you hair. It suits you, Junhong.” Haneul stood on her tippy toes to ruffle his hair.

“Thanks, noona, but call me Zelo now.” She snorted.

“Zelo? What kind of name is that?”

“It’s my stage name.” Zelo beamed proudly and she laughed.

“Hey, Zelo,” She emphasized his name. “This is Hoya, Hoya this is my dongsaeng, Zelo.” She smiled at him. “Believe it or not, he taught me how to skate.”

“Really? How old are you?”

“17.” Zelo smiled and Hoya’s mouth hang open.

“And you taught her?” Haneul scratched her temple.

“My brother doesn’t know how to skate so I came here one day and I saw him. He was so small but skatd like a pro, so I asked him to be my teacher.”

“Yeah and I remember to freaked out because I thought she was a pedo noona or something.”

“Yah! I’m not that old.” She frowned and Zelo flicked her forehead. “Yah!! I’m older than you, you can’t hit me!”

“You just said you weren’t that old.” He blinked innocently and Hoya laughed at that. “Mh.. I have to go, noona and hyung.” He pouted and then smiled. “It was nice to see you again, noona. Bye~” He waved and ran off.

Hoya and Haneul watched as he ran away and then he turned to Haneul.

“He seems nice.”

“And he is. You should hear him rap, that boy is awesome.” She smiled but scrunched her face as a drop of water fell on her cheek. “Eww, what was that?” She quickly wiped it with the back of her hand.

“Bird’s poop.” Hoya laughed at her frustrated face. “I’m joking.” He felt a drop on his arm and looked up. “It’s raining.”

“Damn and I don’t have a hoodie.”

As soon as they gathered their things from the bench, fat drops of rain started to fall and soon the ground was full of puddles.

“!” She cursed out loud as they both ran towards a nearby store to shelter from the rain.

“It doesn’t seem to soothe anytime soon.” Hoya frowned and looked at Haneul who was shivering from the cold. “My house is nearby.” She glanced at him.

“But-“ Her teeth trembled.

“No buts, you’re going to freeze.” He took of his jacket and draped it around her shoulders. Haneul blushed at his actions but her eyes never leave his face. He took her backpack and slung it over his shoulder with his and took her skateboard in one hand. Hoya looked up and she averted her gaze.

“Ready?” She turned her head.

“For what?”

Hoya grinned and took her hand in his. She jumped at his touch. Despite being drenched from head to toes his hands were warm and she like the feeling it gave him. It warmed her cold hand and her heart.

“Run!”

Hoya ran to a random direction without releasing her hand. They ran for about 5 minutes before slowing down in front of a tall building. Hoya quickly opened his backpack and took out his keys.

They entered the building and used the elevator in silence. The doors opened on the third floor and Haneul followed him towards his apartment, he tapped the code and the door opened with a beep.

Hoya’s apartment wasn’t big but it was enough to handle a person. In the hall was a shelf for shoes and then in comes the kitchen to the right side, it was small and the bar table separated it from the living room which had only a tv, an old couch and a table. There were two rooms, Haneul assumed one was the bathroom and the other his room. It was clean, so clean for a boy living alone.

“This is the bathroom. I think I have small clothes for you.” He opened the door on the right and entered, taking out a clean towel. He walked to Haneul and put it on her hands.

“Thanks.” She was about to dry her hair when Hoya stopped her. Haneul blinked at him.

“Take a shower; you’re going to get sick if you just dry yourself like this.”

He took her by the shoulders and guided her to the bathroom.

“Wait here.”

Haneul watched as he ran out, leaving a trail of water behind him. He returned a minute later with clean clothes on his arms.

“I’ll be waiting outside.” And with that he closed the door.

She just blinked at the door and turned to the shower.

“The one at the bottom is the warm!” She chuckled and started to strip her clothes.
 

Meanwhile, Hoya started to boil water. His apartment was cold and he doesn’t have a heater so this was the only way he could make the room a bit warm. He glanced out the window at the pouring rain, a loud crash followed by lighting startled him and he furrowed his eyebrows.

He looked around and sighed in relief; thank lord he cleaned this morning before leaving for his dance classes. His eyes followed the trail of water and he sighed again but this time of frustration. He went to the kitchen to take a mop to clean his mess.

Ten minutes later, he was draped in a towel waiting for Haneul to come out. The bathroom’s door opened and Haneul stepped out in a black t-shirt and gray sweats. Hoya smiled at the sight. He found the smallest t-shirt but it still looked a bit loose on her, and she had to roll the sweats on the waist so they wouldn’t fall.

“You look like a rapper now.” She approached him and hit him with a towel on the arm.

“Thanks. It’s your turn to shower, you stink.” She scrunched her face and he laughed before disappearing on the bathroom.

Haneul sighed and looked around; putting the towel around her neck she walked towards the hall and took her backpack.

“It’s so wet.” She murmured and opened it, sighing in relief when her things were dry. She took out her phone and then looked at her skateboard leaning on the wall.

Haneul smiled and walked to the couch, sitting and tapping on her phone. A minute later it started to ring and ‘Seungho oppa’ appeared on the display. She answered quickly and talked happily looking out the window.

Hoya came a few minutes later, rubbing his hair furiously with a towel when he heard Haneul talking in the living room. He approached her and leaned against the wall while watching. He couldn’t believe she was in his apartment and with his clothes on. That’s a every man dream; saw the girl they loved wearing his clothes. It made feel warm and a stupid smile started to formed on his lips.

“I’m at a friend’s house. It’s raining really hard and his was near the park so…” She gasped and laughed loudly. “Of course not, idiot! Jeeze, as if you didn’t know me. Nope, it’s not Woohyun.”

Hoya frowned. He knew that Woohyun was Haneul’s best friend, she told him everything and it was easy for him to know that she has feelings for him; even a blind could sense something was up with her. And it was obviously too that Woohyun didn’t knew about her feelings, he was happily with his girlfriend that he doesn’t realized that he was breaking Haneul’s heart every time he talked about her. If he wasn’t completely determinate to win Haneul’s heart before, now he was 100% sure about that; he would made Haneul love him and he would made her feel loved and protected.

“He’s name Hoya; he’s really nice, you would like him.” Haneul chuckled and Hoya’s smile grew. “Believe it or not I spend a good time whenever I’m with him, Woohyun is not the only who I can hang out you know.” She sighed. “Already? Ok, I will message you when I get home. Yep, I love you too, oppa.”

Haneul hang up and Hoya walked towards her, flopping next to her on the couch. She turned her head to him and smiled. Hoya’s heart made a mad flip. He noticed that her hair was still dripping wet.

“You haven’t dried your hair?” She touched her hair and shook her head.

“I was talking with my brother so…” He avoided his eyes. Hoya chuckled and took the towel that was draped around her neck.

“Let me help you.” Haneul’s eyes widened.

“No, it’s okay, I can do it.” He snorted and made her turned around so her back was facing him. She sat feet-crossed on the couch as Hoya started to dry her hair.

“I don’t have a hair dryer but this would help.” He said softly.

Haneul blushed madly but stay still. Hoya dried her hair with soft moves and gently scratching her scalp. She closed her eyes, enjoying the moment.

Haneul couldn’t deny the fact that she was attracted to him. He was nice, sweet, fun to be with, they both share the same tastes, well-mannered, caring and he was handsome, that was a plus. The way she felt towards him wasn’t the same way she felt towards Woohyun but it was close enough to make her heart beat madly when she was close to him or blushed with his comments or gestures.  She felt confidence enough to tell him anything about her, even things she couldn’t tell to Woohyun; she felt comfortable and in peace with him.

“Done. Do you want coffee?” Hoya stood up and walked towards the kitchen. She trailed behind and sat in one of the two chairs by the bar table.

“Do you have chocolate?” She asked softly. Hoya looked at her raising an eyebrow. She blushed slightly and scratched her temple. “I don’t like coffe.”

“Really?” He chuckled. “You’re such a baby sometimes.” But he opened a drawer and took out a bottle with cocoa.

“Why? I don’t like bitter things.” She frowned and he laughed again while preparing her a cup of hot chocolate.

“It’s still raining hard, do you want to watch a movie?” He peeked over his shoulder.

Haneul looked at the window and then at her phone; it was past 7pm. She bit her lower lip, she do want to stay and spend time with Hoya but what if her father discovered that she wasn’t home… She shivered at the thought.

“Are you cold? There’s a hoodie on the couch if you want.” He put a cup in front of her and he took the other seat, sipping on his coffee.

“No, it’s okay.” She said softly.

“So, about the movie…” He trailed, eyes never leaving her face.

“I don’t know.” She murmured and took a sip of her hot chocolate. Sighing in delight as it warmed her body.

“Why? Your dad is in a business trip, right?”

‘More like drinking with his friends.’ She thought.

“Yes but I don’t know when he would be back.” Haneul bit her thumb nail. Hoya noticed his nervous face and softened.

“I will take you to your home after it ends. You don’t have to worry about that.” He put his hand over hers and softly rubbed his thumb over her knuckles.

Haneul was shocked by his act but softened when she glanced at his face. She saw hope on his eyes and she didn’t have the heart to break that hope, plus he really wanted to stay a bit longer. Haneul nodded and smiled at the way Hoya’s face brightened.

“What should we watch?” He excitedly walked to the living room and sat on the floor, opening the doors of the table under the tv.

Haneul followed and sat next to him, eyeing all the movies he had in there.

“Woow, you have a lot.” She reached out and took out a Disney movie. She laughed.

“”Toy Story”? I thought you’ll have some Fast and Furious or something like that.”

“Hey! That’s a good movie, don’t laugh.” He bumped shoulders with her and continued to look for a good movie. “Do you like scary movies, action or maybe a romantic one?” Hoya suggested with a glint on his eyes.

“I like comedy more.” She kept on looking. Hoya sighed and then his eyes found the perfect movie.

“What about this? Romantic-comedy.” He smiled.

“’50 First Dates?’” She read out loud and laughed. “Really, Hoya? You like that kind of movie?” He nodded.

“Why not? They’re funny, besides it’s a nice story.” Hoya shrugged. Haneul stared at him with soft eyes.

Usually, when she and Woohyun saw a movie, it was always action or any other genre of Woohyun’s like. They never once saw one suggested by Haneul. Hoya and Woohyun were really different in more than one aspect and Haneul like that type of difference.

 

“Let’s watch it.” She smiled and flopped on the couch while Hoya put the movie on his dvd player and sat next to her. 

Half an hour later the two of them were laughing and hitting each other’s arms. Hoya glanced at her laughing face and smiled. He was happy that she decided to stay a bit longer with him. Now his apartment doesn’t feel that lonely anymore and he liked that feeling. Haneul laughed and hit his knee, telling something about the movie and he turned to the tv again, laughing at scene.

It was almost the end of the movie when Hoya felt a weight on his shoulder. He looked down and saw Haneul’s sleeping face. He smiled and gazed softly at her, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, letting his fingers to caress her soft cheek.

“Yang Haneul, what did you do to me?” He murmured softly and turned to look the tv.

When the movie ended it was almost 10pm, he looked to the window and saw that it was still pouring heavily. He glanced at Haneul and she was dead sleep. Hoya hesitated for a minute but decided to wake her up.

“Haneul.” He murmured on her ear but she doesn’t move. “Yah, Haneul, wake up.” He shook her softly but she let out a soft snore. Hoya suppressed a laugh and shook her again. “Hey, wake up, I’ll take you home.” Seeing that anything could wake her up, he sighed defeated. “Really? Didn’t know you were a heavy sleeper.” He chuckled.

Hoya turn off the tv and slowly lifted her head, slung her arm over his shoulder and carefully slipped his arms under her legs and waist, lifting her easily. She murmured something and he stopped of fear to wake her up. Haneul nuzzled her face on his chest while murmuring again. Hoya chuckled slightly and walked towards his room. He only had a desk, a bed and little table next to it. Hoya carefully laid Haneul on his bed, putting the covers over her.

He was straightening when suddenly Haneul took his wrist. He freeze and glanced at her face.

“Don’t go, oppa.” Haneul murmured with her eyes closed. Hoya sighed.

‘She’s sleeping.’ He thought and carefully tried to free his wrist but her grip tightened and a frown appeared on her face. Hoya sighed again. ‘Well, it would be just a few minutes.’

He hesitated for a minute and then lay down carefully by her side. Haneul slung her arm over his waist and nuzzled her face on his side. Hoya stiffened and looked down at her; she was snoring softly. He relaxed and slowly lifted his right arm and draped it over her shoulders, caressing the skin of her arm. Hoya watched her sleep with a smile for a few minutes until he started to feel drowsy and sleep took over him.

 

Haneul scrunched her face as the warm rays of sun hit her face. She was so comfortable to even bother to open her eyes, so she just made herself more comfortable. She has had the most awesome sleep seen his brother was away. Haneul sighed and felt something wrapped around her waist. Her eyes shot wide open and she looked down to see a muscled arm around her middle. Her heart started to beat rapidly as she remembered that last night she was in Hoya’s apartment watching a movie so, that means, that that arm was his. Haneul gulped and squeezed her eyes shut and then she opened them again. What greeted her first was a broad chest in a white t-shirt rising slowly with each breath. She blinked and slowly lifted her gaze.

Haneul let out a loud gasp when she saw Hoya’s sleeping face almost in front of her, just a few centimeters between them. What the hell did she end up sleeping in Hoya’s bed and with him next to her?

She mentally slapped herself as she remembered her weird sleeping habit. Seungho always because she tended to hug whatever was next to her while she was sleeping. When they were kids and she fell asleep on the couch or the ground playing with cars, Seungho was the one who carried her to her bed and always ended up sleeping with her thanks to her strong grip on his arm no matter how many times he tried to pry his arm away; she was a heavy sleeper too.

Haneul took deep breathes to calm her crazy heart. But it just worsened the situation because Hoya felt her moving and, unconsciously, he tightened his grip on her, nuzzling his nose on her hair. Haneul felt a wave of heat rising up her neck to the tip of her ears.

She stood still for a few seconds but relaxed when he glanced at his face. His hair was covering his eyebrows and she, slowly, lifted her hand to brush them away with her fingers, caressing gently his forehead in the process. She smiled. Hoya stirred a bit and she quickly withdrew her hand, closing her eyes as she felt him stretching himself.

Hoya rubbed his eyes to slowly open them. He glanced around and then his eyes fixed on the figure next to him. Hoya blinked at her a few times and waved his hand in front of her to check if she was awake. He smiled when she didn’t even stir and settled his elbow on the pillow, resting his face on his hand. He gazed at her softly, letting out air through his nose.

Haneul felt his strong gaze and started to felt uncomfortable.

‘Why is he gazing at me like that? Oh God what to do..?’

A few strands of hair fell to her face and Hoya didn’t hesitate to brush them away. He reached his hand and tucked them behind her ear, letting the back of his finger to brush on her cheek. Hoya’s gaze drifted to her dark bags and carefully brushed his thumb under her left eye.

Haneul’s heart started to beat like crazy at his touch and a dozen of butterflies started to flutter on her tummy.

‘Oh my God, oh my God, what is he doing?! and why is my stomach doing this crazy flips?!’ She thought but trying to not flinch from his touch.

Hoya’s touch was so gentle and caring that she felt as if she was floating on a cloud. Deep down she enjoyed that feeling. In that moment Haneul realized, that all this time, Hoya was being nothing but nice and caring with her; he always asked her if she was okay, whenever they hang out or left the dance studio and he couldn’t walk her home, he always called her to check if she made it safe.

Haneul would be stupid if she haven’t realized that he have developed feelings for her and she would be even more stupid to denied that she hasn’t have them for him too.

But she thought it was strange because all her life she has only had feelings for Woohyun, everything she has done it has always been around him, everything, even her heart, but this feeling towards Hoya was new, and she liked it.

Haneul decided that it was enough of pretend to be asleep so she started to stir and Hoya withdrew his hand immediately. She groaned and slowly opened her eyes and blinked at him sleepy.

“Good morning, morning.” Hoya smiled and she blush a little. Haneul blinked again and sat up with wide eyes.

“What am I doing here?” She asked with raspy voice, she had to clear . Hoya sighed and sat up too.

“Sorry. Last night you fell asleep and I tried to wake you but you didn’t even move, so I carry you here and I swear I was going to sleep on the couch but you just grabbed my wrist and didn’t let go no matter how much I struggle so I thought of just laying for a few minutes but then you hug me and I couldn’t-“

“Okay, okay, stop. I understand.” Haneul covered her red face. Hoya took a deep breath after his long speech and smiled.

“For someone who don’t like skinship that much you’re very cuddle when you sleep.” He grinned.

“Yah!” She kicked his leg and grunted, still covering her face. “I’m sorry, I have that weird habit…” Haneul murmured.

Hoya stood up from the bed and walked to the door, glancing over his shoulder to send her a warm smile.

“I think it’s cute.” And with that he walked out of the room leaving her with a tomato face. “I’ll leave a new toothbrush here!” He yelled and then the door of the bathroom slammed shut.

Haneul blinked at the open door and dropped on the bed again. She turned and nuzzled her face on the pillow taking a deep breath. It smelled just like Hoya. She smiled and closed her eyes.

Haneul was slowly fallen asleep again when Hoya entered his room and gazed at her small back rising with each breath. He walked to her and slightly kicked mattress.

“Wake up, go wash your teeth, I’ll be in the kitchen.” She stirred and lifted her head, blinking at him sleepy. His heart did a flip at the cute sight.

“What time it is?” She murmured and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand.

“Almost noon.” He said from the door. Haneul’s eyes shot wide open.

“What?!!” She jumped out of bed and ran to the living room, bumping in the wall on the process. “Ouch.”

“Slow down, sleepy head.” Hoya laughed and she glared at him, rubbing her arm.

“Where’s my cellphone?” Haneul murmured while searching on the couch. She finally found it under a cushion. She unlocked it and flinched at the amount of missed calls and messages. Haneul groaned loudly and Hoya walked to her.

“What’s wrong?” He frowned.

“I need to call my brother.” Was all she said and walked to the bathroom with the cellphone next to her ear.

Hoya blinked at the closed door and hurried to the kitchen when a slightly burning smell filled his nostrils.

 Five minutes later Haneul walked out of the bathroom with a flushed face and slumped on one of the chairs. Hoya turned around from the stove to stare at her face.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah.” She rested her elbows on the table and rubbed her hands on her face.

“Did you wash your face?”

“Yep.”

“Your teeth?”

“Yes.”

“Your hair?” Haneul dropped her hands and looked at his amused face.

“What are you? My dad?” Hoya snorted and pushed a plate with hot soup and another with rice to her.

“Of course not.”

Haneul eyed the plates and watered at the sight. She haven’t realized but she was famished.

“Did you make all of this?” She looked with hungry eyes everything in front of her.

“Yeah. Not the kimchi though, that’s from the restaurant.” Hoya sat next to her and rubbed his hands nervously. “Eat before it gets cold.”

And Haneul didn’t need to be told twice. She immediately took a spoonful of rice and a sip of soup, then a bite of one of the toast and a few fruit pieces. Hoya blinked at her hungrily state and calmly started to eat while she kept on devouring her part.

“Oh my God-“ She put a piece of kimchi in . “This is delicious.” She said with full.

Hoya poured her a glass of water and she took it happily, sighing in delight.

“I didn’t know you knew how to cook.” Haneul looked at him with shining eyes.

“I have to. I’ve been living alone for a while plus I learned a lot from the restaurant. They gave me some food too. I guess that is a good point of working there.” He took a sip of water and watched amazed at how much she was eating.

“I agree with that.” She said before swallow. Hoya chuckled and she turned to him confused. “What?”

“I haven’t seen you eat like that.” He motioned her to clean her bottom lip and she followed his action.

“I’m hungry.” Haneul said with a ‘duh’ face.

“I know but usually a lot of girls tend to control themselves when they’re hungry.” She snorted.

“But I’m hungry, I’m not going to act all feminine in my way of eating if that’s what you’re trying to say.” Haneul squinted her eyes and Hoya lifted his hands in surrender.

“I didn’t say it was bad just… different.” She glared at him and Hoya laughed. “A good different.”

Haneul smiled sweetly in a funny manner and kept eating. Hoya shook his head and something flicked in his head.

“Why was your face so red? What did you talk about with your brother?”

Haneul was taking a sip of water when he talked. She choked and started to cough madly. Hoya hit her back slightly with a shocked face.

“You okay?” She glared at him.

 

The weather cold down a lot and the wind was hard and cold. Hoya lent her a warm jacket and walked her home and she motioned him to wait outside while she changed to clean clothes. She warily entered her house and as quietly as a mouse went to her father’s room to see if he was back. Haneul let out a sigh of relief when she didn’t was him there and ran to her room to change.

Haneul came out five minutes later and Hoya’s eyes scanned her from head to toe. She wore dark jeans with a white oversized sweater under a warm brown jacket with a white scarf and brown Ugg boots. She walked to him putting on a white knitted beanie. Haneul smiled at him and his heart fluttered. She stood on her tippy toes to put him a gray knitted beanie.

“What for?” He touched the soft material.

“Is my brother’s beanie but it so cold. Don’t your ears get cold?”Hoya blinked at her amused.

Yours get cold?” Haneul blushed and slapped his arm.

“Don’t mock me.”

Haneul walked ahead with her bag over her shoulder. Hoya followed her laughing and teasing her over her cold ears.

A few minutes later they arrived to the dance studio.