Falling for you

The Flower Boy

''I'll see you tomorrow, Yoojin..'' Ahyeon wave goodbye to me and I did the same before I put on my helmet, and it always takes forever to wear it, since my long hair takes to much space, my hair is long enough to sweep the floor if I just bend a little, yes, its that long.

I put my sling bag into the basket after I secure the helmet and hop onto my white scooter.

I look at my wrist watch, realizing I was late to get the porridge I ordered earlier at Madam Lee's, and so in just minutes, I stopped my scooter in front of the restaurant  ''Yoonji, here..'' Madam Lee herself came out form her shop and placed the freshly cooked porridge into the basket, I always thank her for that.

''Here, eomonim..''I pay her and said thank you before I make my way to the hospital.

The hospital, realizing I will get to meet Flower Boy soon, the young man who works in the flower shop directly opposite Seoul Hospital , and like the nickname I gave him, he really is a Flower Boy, with the perfect features, a warm smile that is always on his face, his soft eyes...no no, I shouldn't think about that, I shook off my thoughts and look straight ahead making sure I am riding the scooter to the direction I wanted, and in a flash I stopped my scooter in front of the flower shop. I got out from the scooter, and turn off the scooter before I remove my helmet, realizing that my rubber band had already break probably from the tension of my thick black hair.

I immediately put on my sling bag, and search for another one, but there isn't any...and so I just enter the shop with my hair down, and with people eyeing me, is a usual look I get, and there he is, Flower Boy, t the leaves from the carnation,  looking positive as usual, which makes me comfortable around him.

I smile and bow a little, before I walk to the sunflower section, but before I do, I saw the rubber band he had in his apron pocket.

''Excuse me, would you mind giving me one of those?''I asked pointing at his hand.

''You mean this?'' he asked and took out one and I nodded.

''Here you go..'' he smile and place it on my palm.

'Thanks'' I said and quickly plait my hair, but before I proceed he stop me.

''Err..there are no sunflowers today...''he paused rubbing his nape, ''But..I got this for you'' he took out a sunflower which opens up brightly wrapped nicely in a chiffon wrapper with and tight nicely with a chiffon pink ribbon.

I didn't know what to response, and just look at him oddly, there isn't any in this shop, and yet he went to get me one?

''Thank..Thank you..''I bowed, not realizing my cheeks turning slightly pink, and with that I paid, and left, not daring enough to look back at the shop, and just scoot off, Kwon Yoonji, you are not suppose to feel this way!!

Is nothing, because he know that you will get a stalk of sunflower everyday for the pass 2 years, and..and he just get you one, that’s all, so stop thinking more than that arasso!! I mentally scolded myself.

A stalk of sunflower is what I get everyday for my sister, is her favourite , and it actually resembles her, since she have always enjoy the sunshine,  and being an optimistic 21 year old  just like the sunflower which will always follow the sun,  gaining strength and power to survive, and thanks to her, sunflower is also my favourite flower, not because of those reasons but because of him.

I snapped myself out from my thoughts and walk into the hospital holding on to the porridge and the sunflower, as I walk myself in, nurses smile and greeted me and I did the same, they are used to seeing me around for the pass 2 years.

''Sunflower again?'' a deep voice stop me from walking, is Doctor Lee the doctor who is the one taking care of my sister.

I nodded. ''How is she today? any better?''I asked.

He sighed, a heavy one, I always knew that the word better will never come out from his mouth, after he told me last week that she might leave me anytime..anytime.

''I understand, Doctor Kim, I'll go visit her now..''I said and give him a bow, before I enter the room, 216B, I never like the hospital and I hate it more knowing the reason why she have to suffer everyday, even though how much I wanted to cry every time I open the door seeing her thin figure sitting by the window or resting on the bed.

I told myself not to cry and try to smile as bright as the sunflower I bought for her.

''Unnie!''I tried to sound exciting, trying to cheer her, ''Hey, kiddo..'' she answered, and tried to get up from the chair, seeing her not being able to stand up by herself, breaks my heart every single time, and I went to help her, carefully helping her to get up on the bed, and adjust the bed for her.

''Here..''I placed the sunflower which is wrap nicely with a chiffon colour wrapper, and immediately a small smile appeared on her face, as she bring the sunflower near her nose which never last long, but I hope this will make her better, ''Unnie, guess what?''I asked, and she look at me with her soft eyes, ''Flower boy specially bought this for you..''I said.

''Huh?..he has a name… you know….''my sister said trying her best to complete her sentence, but I know she is happy, very happy.

''I know..i know..''I said, and open up the porridge, and scoop it into a bowl and feed her, ''..and in just a few days, your dream will come true unnie..''I said to her, and her smile last longer than usual..her dream..I'll make it happen for her..anything for her..I close the door, and lean myself against the door, thinking about ways to make her dream come true, tomorrow is a step closer, all I still need to do is ask him, Flower Boy...even though we never really had a conversation before.. I never dare to, because I'm afraid that..that I will fall deeper in love with him.

About him, he is the person that my sister had a crush on 2 years ago, ever since she got transferred to Seoul Hospital.She never enter the shop before, because she was shy,  all she did was pass by the shop and try to peep inside the shop to get a glimpse of him. She will pass by the shop everyday when she was healthier back then, and she will always tell me about how much she like him, and how she like the way he smile, the way he arrange the flowers, but she can’t anymore since she can’t leave the hospital, and since then I was the one that get her fresh sunflower everyday...

...and from there I discover that I might have fall for him little by little.