A moment

Indisputable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A moment

*****

‘Every time you smiled, it seems there’s a light that too bright for me to bear… and it seems giving me a warm feeling.'

 

“Yunnie, can we go home now?” That was the first question came out from Jaejoong’s mouth once Yunho stepped back into the room, after his long-serious discussion with the doctor about Jaejoong’s real condition.

For a moment, Yunho lost a word to answer the boy. “Erm… you can’t. For now… you have to stay here.”

“Huh, why?” The child's brighten look dropped promptly.

Yunho couldn’t bear to look straight into those pair of innocent eyes anymore,which previously was sparkled with excitement at the thought he can go home, but now, looking doleful after being informed he wasn't allowed go home with his brother.

Yunho had no choice, but to break the boy’s hope of going home with him that day. “The doctor said that you need to stay here for a couple of days more to get further examination. So, it’s better to let the doctor finish his work first. After that I’ll take you home, okay.” There were a dozen of emotions surged through him. The sadness displayed on Jaejoong’s face somehow hurting him. 

Yunho thought it would be easy to lying the kids, but if it came to the kid like Jaejoong, he needed to be wise.

“B-but… Joongie is fine now! Joongie’s head doesn’t feel hurt anymore.” The boy pleaded.

Yunho walked and sat on the edge of the bed. “Then, how about your eyes? Is your eyesight still getting blurry?”

“Hmm… it’s just sometime. But like right now, I can still see Yunnie clearly. See...” Jaejoong’s smile returned as he enlarging his beautiful-rounded eyes, to prove he could still see his brother without a problem.

Yunho felt the sudden tightness in his chest. Reaching his hands to the boy, he brought the fragile frame into his arms.

‘How could this thing happen to you? You’re still in an innocence age. You still have a long journey and there’s so many things that you need to see.’ Yunho thought silently while his face sunken into the mob of Jaejoong’s hair. That did calming the pain and tightness that currently crammed his chest a little.

“Yunnie…” Jaejoong’s muttered against Yunho’s chest, he was sitting on the other’s laps and trapped in Yunho’s arms. He felt weird by his brother’s sudden gentleness for that day.

“Yunnie, is something wrong?” Jaejoong’s face creased into a small frown, as always he amused the eldest with his quick-to-pick-up habit.

Yunho broke the hug after a moment and just stared at Jaejoong in silence, trying to find a reason since when he had fall to care and fond of the kid? Unbeknownst to him, his eyes started getting watery.

Catching the swift changes of look on the eldest face, Jaejoong’s big-doe like eyes also started pooling by tears.

“Why Yunnie looks so sad? Has someone chased us out again? Have we lost our home again?” Jaejoong asked with his trembling lips; in the verge of crying. That was the only thought he had, as a reason that possibly making Yunho got that depress look - just like last time when they were chased out from their previous home by the merciless landlord. He had a strong instinct to cry whenever he saw the elder looked sad.

Yunho flashed a small smile quickly, trying to bring Jaejoong back in a cheerful mood as he always been. “No, nothing happen. You don’t have to worry.”

“Then, why Yunnie cry?” Jaejoong asked again, his doe-like eyes still whirling with tears that threatening to fall.

“Hey, I’m not crying. You’re the one who is crying here.” Yunho thumbed off the trace of tears on the corner of the boy’s eyes.

“But Yunnie got teary eyes too…”

“Hmm…it’s just something got into my eyes.” Yunho reasoned.

Jaejoong tilted up his head to look closer at the other, before he suddenly blew Yunho’s eyes lightly like the eldest did to him this morning.

“Is it feeling better now?”

Yunho chuckled at the boy's spontaneous action and nodded slightly before he trapped the small limb into his arms again. “Yes, it’s better now.”

“Hmm… Yunnie seems love hugging today.” Jaejoong’s voice muffled against Yunho's chest.

Yunho chuckled at the nonchalant comment. “Yeah, it’s hug day today. So be quiet, just let me hug you.”

Actually, there was nothing could reassuring him at the moment, only with hugging the kid could comfort him a bit. He would feel a bit better and reassured that he had just made a right decision, by putting the boy through a critical process and life-threatening situation that had a slim chance to success. He could only hope that there will be no regret to this later on.

*

Yunho walked on the quiet street, leaving his bike behind as he wanted to have a little walk, seeking a bit of calmness for himself. It took a lot of words and efforts for him to leave the hospital previously; in persuade Jaejoong for letting him go home as the boy started to look panic once Yunho mentioned he needed to go back to pack up some of the boy’s stuffs. Seemingly, Jaejoong didn’t believe him; still afraid by the thought of the elder was planning to leave him.

And when he was totally deadlocked and lost all excuses to assure the kid anymore, Yunho had took off his jacket and gave it to Jaejoong as a guarantee that he will surely return and asked the boy to hold it for him. With that small trick, it seemed worked to silence the boy, even he still looked hesitated.

Yunho heaved a sigh. The chilly night didn't seem to bother him as his mind was too occupied with so many things at the moment. The burden that he had to put up with was so much and far more complicated than they might seem. Now, he needed to work harder than he had already did, since Jaejoong's operation needed a really big sum of money, also for the boy's therapy that he knew it will be required later on. Even with his current two-time jobs, it was still not enough to pay the high cost of the operation. And there was no way he would ask for a help from the Park’s family again. He had already indebt to Yoochun’s family and relied too much on his friend. He won’t keep troubling them than he already had with his continuous life problem. They had already done too much for him.

He needed to regain more strength and think of a way how to support the boy that was bestowed to him.  There must be a way to survive…

Yunho had just passing a row of closed shop in downtown, when suddenly he was surrounded by a group of mobster. They were six of them. Yunho looked up as one of them stepped forward to him.

“Hey, just give us what you have with you now and don’t think to create unnecessary action.” The guy said in a careless, lazy tone but his eyes looked threatening.

Yunho let out a low chuckle which had ticked off the guy who seemed the leader of the gang.

“You’re asking me like you know what I have with me now. Do you think I've anything that’s worth being taken?” Yunho asked back, making the guy frowned at his taunting look.

“You guys such lowlife scumbag should find a filthy rich victim to raid. Unfortunately... I-have-nothing.” He muttered with a smirking face. There was no slightest fear of being threatened on his face. With his current miserable head, seems there was no space to concern about any other things. He already had a lot to deal with and scariest thing ahead.

“You , how dare you show me that smug look!” The mobster exploded by Yunho’s provocation. He then directed a punch to Yunho’s face, but his hit missed as Yunho was able to duck it easily with his standing posture barely move.

“Well, you just attacked me at the right time… when I really need some distraction from my ill-fated life.” Yunho muttered. His face turned cold and serious this time.

“What the hell are you talking about, bastard! Yah, what you guys waiting for?! Beat him until he unable to stand and show me that conceited look!!!” The guy ordered his followers, feeling anger surging through his veins as the young man before him still looking at him smugly. The other five guys started attacking Yunho upon heard their leader’s command.

Yunho was already in his sturdy posture, eyes guarding every violent move that came to him. He tried ducking all the punches and kicks that were meant to him before he felt tired, and started making his move. Then, the real fight had take turn.

One by one… those mobsters received a high kick on their faces and hard punch on their abandonments, as Yunho swiftly started taking his action.

Yunho sighed and looked down at the six numbed limbs that were barely moving on the cold pavement after he finished them all. It seemed he was in a serious bad mood, and those guys just came at the wrong time to attack him. He wasn’t someone who would just staying calm and being bullied, with his well-known temper, all his friends knew better for not step into Jung Yunho’s bad side when he was in a foul mood.

Yunho patted the dirt that marked his shirt due to all the fight. He was about to walk away from the street when he heard someone’s clapping hands behind him.

“Tch, what a scene…”

Yunho turned around slightly and found himself facing a man who was looking amused at the mobsters that were still lying weakly on the street.

Yunho frowned as the man looked up at him and smiled. “You really have a quite talent there, kid…”

“Who are you?” Yunho asked dire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter