Missing

Indisputable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Missing

*****

‘I never know, since when I feel like as long as I have you, I have everything to live for…’

 

“Jaejoong, have you done your homework?” Yunho asked when he walked to the room after finished cleaning the table where they had their breakfast just now. He found the boy was concentrated finishing his homework.

It was Sunday morning, he only had one shift today in the morning until late evening, and he will be free for the rest of the night afterward. That was the precious time where he could have a proper rest and spend some time to monitor the child.

“Hmm…almost!” The little boy who was sprawling with stomach down on the mat, answered shortly.

“It’s okay if you not finish it. You can continue doing it with Yoohwan later.” Yunho said while he kept all Jaejoong’s belonging into his small backpack. The kid would stay at Yoochun’s place whenever he went out for work; that was what Yoochun decided himself. Yunho didn’t quite agree with the idea at first, at the thought of that would be inconvenient to his friend. But after Yoochun insisted, saying it would be safer if Jaejoong stay with him during his absence, Yunho had no choice as he was also worry after remembered what had happened last time when he left the boy at home alone - harm or injury was the last thing he needed.

“Okay, Joongie’s done!” Jaejoong chimed and got up from his spot after gathered all his workbooks. He trotted to Yunho and passed them to the lad.

“Are you sure you finished it all?” Yunho asked while hand flipping the pages of book, checking the work randomly.

Jaejoong nodded solemnly with eyes prodding to ensure the eldest that he had done all of his homework.

“Okay.” Yunho put the book into the backpack, ready to send Jaejoong to Yoochun’s place. But then he noticed the boy was still staring up at him unblinkingly, with anticipating look.

He arched his brows. For a moment, he confused by the look on the little one’s face until he caught what the boy wanted from him.

“Oh, You are…. a very smart boy.” Yunho uttered and ruffled Jaejoong’s smooth fringe that covered his small forehead.

As he had expected, Jaejoong smiled brightly, his big-rounded eyes shone with gleefulness upon received that kind of gesture from him.

Yunho couldn’t helped, but felt amused and yet funny. Well, kids… always need some treat or praise whenever they done something good. But for Jaejoong, what Yunho had noticed, the boy seemed fond of his attention and touches more than a treat or praise.

The sudden knock on the door broke Yunho’s attention from his younger brother. He walked to get the door.

“Yunho hyung, where is Jaejoongie?” There, a bright, cheerful boy who was same age as Jaejoong asked once he opened the door. The boy was almost a copycatted of Park Yoochun.

“Yoohwannie!” Jaejoong called out once he spotted his friend on the door and run to him.

“Hyungie, can I take Jaejoongie to celebrate it at the nearby water park today?”

“Huh? Celebrate what?” Yunho asked confusedly.

“Oh, Yunho hyung seems to forget Jaejoongie’s birthday today. That’s bad!” Yoohwan exclaimed.

“Huh, birthday… Wh-what?!” Yunho’s eyes shifted to look at the two boys who were staring up at him at the moment, looking so confused. But the pair of those big-doe like eyes seemed held him more, Yunho caught Jaejoong was looking at him expectantly. For the split seconds he lost his word to forbid.

“Hmm…of course you both can go, but…isn’t it dangerous if only the two of you go?” Yunho reasoned, feeling reluctant to give his permission for some odd reason.

“Don’t worry, I will take them. That’s my idea actually.” Yoochun appeared suddenly, walking up behind his little brother. “Since my father went to outstation for three days, Yoohwan kept whining that he was bored to be at home on weekend. That’s why I plan to take both of them out. And it happened to be Jaejoong’s birthday too. ” Yoochun added.

“If so... I don’t have anything against it.” Yunho relented, as he trusted his friend.

“Yay! Did you hear Jaejoongie? You can go with us. Let’s go! Let’s go!” Yoohwan cheered in excitement before he grabbed Jaejoong’s hand and dragged the other boy toward the car that parked across the street.

“You forgot his birthday?” Yoochun asked once both little boys disappeared before them.

“I never know anything about him…” Yunho let out the truth. It took a moment of silence before Yoochun broke into laughter.

“That’s surprised me. Well, I know he’s not really blood-related to you and I never wanted to know how you treat him before this. But I’ve one thing that I wanted to say… you better give more attention to him.”

Yunho knew what his friend said was indeed true. But still, he just never thought about to get to know the kid more closely. Since, he was not good dealing with other people more than necessary. Especially with a kid that was in the peak of age that needed his solely attention.

“Then, how do you know about it?”

“About what?” Yoochun’s eyebrows pulled in.

“His birthday.”

“That… thanks to Yoohwan again who busy boasting about they had a lesson of how to write their first biography in the class yesterday. And he noted Jaejoong’s birthday is today.” Yoochun explained.

“By the way, don’t you need to go to your work now?” Yoochun suddenly alarmed the other.

“Oh, yes. I’m always running late nowadays. I don’t want to get the second notice.” Yunho snapped as he realized he will be late for his work. “Are you really okay with taking Jaejoong along?” Yunho asked for the last time.

“Of course, don’t worry. I’ll take care of him like he’s my own brother.” Yoochun convinced his friend who still looked hesitated to leave the little boy to him.

“Then, I’ll be going now.” Yunho said and closed the door behind him before he left to his work at the gas station.

***

It was six in the evening and soon the sundown, dimming the once bright sky. That was a cue for Yunho to end his shift for the day. He started gathered his things and headed toward his bike. After two month of working, he owned a good amount of money which he able to spend it on the bike. It was necessary to him as it easing him to commute. That helped him to manage his time efficiently between running his errand and his routine of picking up Jaejoong at school.

After pulled onto the street, Yunho started speeded off before he made a stop once the traffic light approached in. That was when his eyes catch a new-opened bakery at the nearest building on the street.  

Suddenly, the thought of Jaejoong’s eyes twinkling with excitement which he ever witnessed just in a handful of time, flashed in his mind. And he knew what he needs to do to able him to see that cheerful and bright expression again.

It took almost half an hour for him to reach home, and the night was getting close. After he pulled his bike on the front yard, Yunho took off his helmet before glanced over the cute, hello kitty printed-box of the birthday cake in his hand. That was the first time ever he bought a cake or something for someone’s birthday, and he didn’t even give a long thought about it before he proceeds to do it.

As he was about to walk to his door, Yunho caught Yoochun’s house was still in dark, indicating the guy was not at home. That also meant Jaejoong still did not return from his outing with his friend. He started wondering, what took them so long?

Yunho found himself engrossed to settle the cake in a right position on dining table. He was busy adjusting the cake on the right angle where it will be noticed easily by the boy.

It was obvious, that he didn’t plan to give the cake to the boy directly and wishing him happy birthday face to face. That was something he never did, so better not, since he hated to be trapped in awkwardness. As long as the gift and the wish written on the cake would convey his thought to the other, so that was fine and enough.

Yunho had just put the last candle on the cake when his cellphone alarmed him about the incoming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter