Reason #9: Because I have to let you go

Reasons for a Love Song

 

“So you’re here.”

Leeteuk sat on the counter peering over at Kyuhyun who’s almost drunk . The unceremonious pouring of brandy in his glass was a good indicator.

“Yeah Hyung, I screwed up.” Kyuhyun stated in a short reply.

The older man sighed. “You’ve been like that for almost a week, why don’t you call him? He’s already worried sick about you.

Kyuhyun smirked as he let out a scowl. His week had been awful , he alternated  and drinking almost every night, his apartment is a mess, he’d been out for work, and he didn’t talk to anyone except Leeteuk.

“Just tell him that I’m fine.” Kyuhyun hiccupped pouring another shot down his throat.

“I don’t see what’s ‘fine’ in your state.” The elder stated sarcastically. “Stop this already. I don’t want to confine you into a rehab center this early on your life.”

Kyuhyun chuckled darkly as he poured another drink on his messed up glass. “I hate it Hyung, I hate Sungmin.”

“Oh come on!” Leeteuk pried the bottle away from the younger’s hand quite harshly. “We both know that wasn’t the truth. Just talk this out.”

“I don’t know what to do anymore, I don’t even have the guts to face my best friend now.” Kyuhyun rested his head on his sprawled arm across the table. “My heart felt like it’s bursting out of my chest.”

The elder tapped Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “And even if you slept with all of the girls in the world, it won’t heal since you only needed one man to cure it.”

“Do yourself a favor Kyu, talk to him.”

**

Kyuhyun pushed the girl into his apartment. Almost bruising to the impact but he couldn’t care less. The kiss shared was forceful, lust-filled, and the heat was inevitable.

The woman with him moaned shamelessly trying to pry open Kyuhyun’s buttoned shirt, caressing the toned muscle that was revealed by the loss of fabric.

After a few , the man’s chest was revealed; Cho Kyuhyun removed his shirt leaving his top to the feasting woman in front of him. The woman pulled herself closer to devour more of Kyuhyun’s heat .  The disheveled apartment was left unnoticed when the fire of lust from the two people filled it.

Kyuhyun’s drunkenness causes him to feel numb all over his body. The woman’s ministrations felt off but he’s been doing one night stands for a while now. He didn’t really care.

Somehow, he almost whispered a moan of the name of a person not in that place at the moment, all he see is Sungmin, his bestfriend doing wonders in his body, imagining it to be slow, passionate and caring, unlike what he was feeling right now.

But knowing that ‘that’ person he wished he was with is not really there gave a suffocating weight on his chest that wouldn’t come off no matter how many times he had his release.

The door flung open with a loud thud. Kyuhyun dropped on the sofa as the girl looked at the intruder alarmed.

“Leave!”

A small, soft but fierce voice echoed through Kyuhyun’s ears that he almost mewled.

“Who the hell-!”

“I SAID GET OUT! !”

Kyuhyun’s throbbed not because of the girl who scoffed and left but because of the forceful retort of the stranger, it sounded somewhat ier than any moans he heard in his entire life.

“What the hell is this mess Cho Kyuhyun!”

Sungmin retorted angrily at the drunk Kyuhyun, topless and on his boxers.

“Min? Oh God! Why do you sound so y? Where’s the girl?”

Before Kyuhyun could end his incoherent blabber, Sungmin disappeared to the kitchen and reappeared minutes later with a bowl of iced water.

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun who seemed to be high on alcohol and and his patience snapped.

He poured the whole bowl of Ice on Kyuhyun’s and the latter yelped at the contact, his drunkenness ebbing at the sensation.

“What the -“

SLAP!

Kyuhyun held his now swollen cheeks and by the time his blurred vision came into focus, he stare right through the eye of his friend filled with torn expression, sobbing non-stop as he clapped the hand he used to slap Kyuhyun against his mouth.

“Min~” Kyuhyun whispered an aching feeling shot through his chest doubled as the other walked out in front of him and started cleaning up the mess he made.

The moment of silence was inevitable, the owner of the apartment sat back on the chair reorienting his swirled thoughts as the other moved around the apartment cleaning. The effects of alcohol on his mind drifted away but its effect on his body is still taking it’s toll.

“Sungmin, stop cleaning.” He growled cursing his throbbing head, the other didn’t replied, instead he proceeded to the bedroom after he had cleared up the living room and kitchen. He removed the sheets with a loud cursing on the stains of and sweat, placed it straight to the laundry bag he was carrying along with the stained boxers and shirts and those disgusting things that does not belong to Kyuhyun went straight to the garbage bag.

Kyuhyun, gathering his body strength, stood up dripping wet due to the melted ice, staggered to his room where Sungmin is currently replacing the bed sheets.

Sungmin, sensing Kyuhyun behind him threw the latter a clean boxer shorts. “Change into this, don’t bother going to the comfort room or else you may slip and die in that drunken state of yours.” The man said sternly and the other did nothing but complied.

With Sungmin’s back facing him he removed his boxer and changed into a new one.

The silence, dragged on and after Kyuhyun have changed into the given clothing, he found his tongue. He wanted to talk this out tonight, he wanted to make things clear and to end this denial.

“Min, please talk to me…”

Sungmin stopped but maintained his place, his back still facing the other.

Unable to stop himself, Kyuhyun lounge  and wrapped his hand on Sungmin’s waist back-hugging the latter before muttering against his ears.

“I’m sorry…”

“What do you want me to do with you huh? Cho?” Sungmin’s voice cracked.

“Stay with me…” Kyuhyun replied.

Sungmin heaved a deep sigh. “I’m always, always will be here with you, why are you so cranky about Jongwoon and why do you need to be like this?” Sungmin asked turning around to meet Kyuhyun’s face. His hand travelled to Kyuhyun’s temple wiping the sheer amount of sweat that accumulated on it.

Kyuhyun leaned in to the touch, feeling those warm hands against his face felt surreal. “I don’t want you to be with him.” Kyuhyun confessed and Sungmin’s hand move out from the contact in surprise.

“Kyuhyun…” Sungmin sighed in both questioning and disbelief. “Stop being-“

“I want to be with you. I-I don’t know what this is or what the hell is happening to me but, when I see you with him, I just wanted to take my heart out for a second because it ing hurts, and when I’m with other girls, no matter how many of them I sleep with just to erase you off my freaking mind, all I can see is you. What if you were doing all those things to me, what if you were the one sleeping beside me. It would make me happy for some reason I didn’t ing know.”

Sungmin realized this, he knew what Kyuhyun is saying, but the frown and creases on his forehead deepen because he too felt  the exact feeling. But it’s too late now.

“You’re just saying these things because you didn’t want to lose me, Kyu. But I’m not going anywhere, I’m still and will forever be your bestfriend. Nothing can change that.”

“But I don’t see you as a friend anymore!”

And then the knife of regrets is set off.

“Tell me, Sungmin. Did it even crossed you mind that maybe, you could love me? For, you who always fail in love and me who always played with it, maybe, just maybe the both of us is all we really need to discontinue this sick games?”

“Can’t we try Min?” Kyuhyun’s low voice simultaneously caressing the frown on the smaller man’s brows. “Can’t you give me a chance?”

Sungmin pursed his lips. God knows how much he suffered just to endure years of hiding the truth and now that he buried his feelings, why is it resurfacing then?

“Kyuhyun, why now?” the question broke out his and the other’s heart. This question described all the regrets they both had. “I-I have someone special, I found that love Kyuhyun, why now?”

Kyuhyun looked away scrunching up his brows. “Won’t you give me a chance?” the taller moved closer to the trembling Sungmin and placed his hands ever so gently on the other’s cheeks. “Just give me a chance to try…”

Kyuhyun moved closer as he let his lips land on Sungmin’s parted ones, he didn’t want to startle the other so he just placed a small peck before he moved away and see pain written all over Sungmin’s eyes.

He didn’t want to see his most precious friend like this. If he was the one leading Sungmin into this kind of expression then he might as well.

“Let go.”

Kyuhyun pursed his lips and close his eyes to the painful words he just said. He moved a step back and take in a sharp breath.

“I’m sorry, please leave me. I don’t want you to be hurt because of me, please, you deserve someone better.” The brunette said turning his back on the other.

“Just leave me. I’ll be fine.”

 

Sungmin needed to choose, this complicated feelings, this tricks of stupidity. Jongwoon’s been the best guy, he’s too good to be true the man he dream to be with.

The feeling from a week ago when Kyuhyun turned his back on him hit him once again.

What will he do to stop Kyuhyun from leaving?

And what will he risk to keep that man with him?

He didn’t want to get hurt, he knew Kyuhyun, he didn’t know how love will change this man in front of him, he’s scared as hell, if he risk this then there is a huge chance that all of this talk is just a drunken, incoherent and unimportant, an excuse to rack Sungmin’s mind.

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin called making the man stop, he walked in pace as he meet Kyuhyun’s eyes who turned at the sound of his name, he wrapped his hand around the other’s neck pulling him closer and letting his lips land on the pillowed lips of the bestfriend he had.

“I’m sorry…”

 

 

To be continued

 

**So... did you expect this will happen? hehehehe Sorry for the looonnnggg time it takes before I updated. Internet had been cut off for almost 2 weeks... >.< well still hoping you like this ^^

 

PS special announce will be made regarding the progress of my other fics so please read my future blogs >.<