Reason #4: Because I didn't know what I missed.

Reasons for a Love Song

‘Boyfriend my ing !’

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, he had been spending half an hour being an unwilling audience to the two inconsiderate love birds in front of him, looking at each other like they will go blind the next minute and nudging each other every now and then he became like a statue. He munched on a pasta and almost break his teeth for making it sound while he chew, Sungmin noticed him and eyed him ferociously like he’s some kind of an embarrassing meat warning him to stop it and then he turned  back to Jongwoon who smiled at his expression.

“ANYWAAYS…” Kyuhyun said  longer than necessary to get the two’s attention. “What do you plan after this lunch out?” he asked almost failing to show a smile, who more likely looked like a grin.

“Need to go back to the club, I had a night schedule and I need to practice.” Jongwoon said smiling at Sungmin who pouted.

“So you’ll be busy tonight then?”

“Yep.”

“Aww, too bad I’ll miss you…”

Kyuhyun almost puked out at the overwhelming sugary stuff from across his seat and once again poked his pasta like a ing serial killer.

‘This extremely pisses me off.’ He thought.

“I need to be with this brat though, text me?” Sungmin cheered a little to the other man and his  boyfriend smiled at Sungmin’s cringing cuteness.

“yeah that’ll be great.”

Jongwoon placed a chaste kiss on Sungmin’s lips and Kyuhyun looked at it in shock. “Oh please don’t make out here.” he gruntled.

His bestfriend’s man just laughed at it and parted from Sungmin’s lips, before whispering a silent ‘I love you’. “Take care.” Sungmin said in return.

“Nice to meet you Kyuhyun-ssi.” Jongwoon smiled and bowed to Kyuhyun as the other did the same unwillingly. Sungmin looked at the other lovingly as he bid goodbye.

 “So what’s up with you and lover boy?” Kyuhyun ask as soon as the other man was out of sight picking up his abused pasta lazily.

Sungmin looked up glaring at the other but decided to just roll his eyes at his bestfriend’s retort, dig in to his own drink and smile at the thought of Jongwoon. “I really like him.”

“You said that before.” the snarky one commented before relaxing his back at the back rest. “What’s new with him, you seemed like you just drugged yourself with ecstasy.”

“Oh shut up Kyu!” the other pouted. “I’m serious about him, he is serious too.”

“I still don’t see the difference. I mean, you’ve just been crying to me a few weeks ago and now you’re saying you’re serious?”

“Don’t start lecturing me Mr.I-Sleep-With-Every-Hottie.” Sungmin snapped back. “Why are you being so cranky about this, anyway? We’re supposed to be catching up with each other…”

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders and muttered a low ‘okay.’ and looked away from Sungmin who immediately smiled at him and said. “I miss you…”

The other chuckled at the cute weapon of his bestfriend and replied. “Yeah me too… but I don’t see why you miss me, you have a new ‘boyfriend’ after all.”

Sungmin giggled and reached out from across the table to grab harshly and pinch Kyuhyun’s cheeks. “Ooohh SOOO CUUTTE.”

“Ouch!” Kyuhyun complained looking at his laughing bestfriend crossly. “Geez, quit tearing my face apart, and stop calling me cute, that’s your description.”

“No it is not. My description is ‘smexy’, smart and y… remember? I’m the only one who excels above you.”

“No need to remind me about that.” Kyuhyun growled.

“So what are your expeditions for the whole 3 weeks I’m away?” Sungmin pried after he signaled the waiter to come closer.

“Nothing much, work and work…” Kyuhyun replied halting for a moment when the waiter came nearer to take Sungmin’s additional order of as usual, cakes and coffee and then leaving as soon as he reconfirmed the order.

“No girls?” Sungmin asked looking at him again.

Kyuhyun snickered. “One per week…”

Sungmin feignd a puking action before gagging. “Eeew…”

“You ask for it.” Kyuhyun laughed.

“You scarred me for life.” Sungmin replied.

The waiter came with Sungmin’s order and their conversation stopped for a while again to accept the order.

“How ‘bout you and lover boy?”

Sungmin coughed at his own saliva choking him. He blushed immediately before looking back to Kyuhyun’s narrowing eyes. “Not yet, he refused to do it, not until I fully recovered from my past love… he’s too sweet.”

Kyuhyun stared and then scoffed. “He knows his game, that turtle boy knows how to roll…”

“What turtle boy?” Sungmin asked confusedly. “Why are you calling my boyfriend a turtle?”

Kyuhyun laughed hard at Sungmin’s expression. “He looks like a turtle.” he said earning a whip on the back of his head with the store’s menu.

“Shut up.” Sungmin glared but then realized that Jongwoon and the turtle have indeed a few similarities he chuckled and laugh too.

The atmosphere became lighter and Kyuhyun felt that he had his bestfriend back. There was something familiarly warm in his chest and it is because one of the people he considered close to him is laughing heartily in front of him.

“Min, seriously huh…” he started again making the man in front of him wipe his tears of joy.

“What is it?” Sungmin replied looking at Kyuhyun with a sweet smile.

“Seriously, don’t get hurt again… okay?”

Sungmin looked tenderly at Kyuhyun’s over protectiveness and he once again giggle.

“Of course, and I’m not afraid to get hurt… you’re always there to comfort me.”

“Uggghhh. That’s what I’m aiming to not happen.” Kyuhyun sighed and finding it amusing they both break out in laughter again.

**

“You look happy…” Leeteuk barge in the room the next day looking at Kyuhyun who’s humming a sweet song. “Yeah Hyung?” the dongsaeng replied in a really unexpected tone.

“Okay, alright that’s just plain creepy. Stop doing it okay?” the older man said seriously. “So what happen? You had a nice ?”

“No I didn’t went to the bar last night. I went out with Min.” Kyuhyun replied and an ‘Oh…’ escaped Leeteuk’s lips.

“So what’s up with him anyways? I barely see him nowadays.”

Kyuhyun chucked on a paper on the side and open another folder before smiling stupidly again. “He introduce me to his boyfriend, he had a new expedition.”

“WHOA?! HE DID?!!” Leeteuk shouted without consideration. “That’s new, he usually didn’t introduce them to you personally…”

Kyuhyun looked at his Hyung sternly arching one of his eyebrow up. “You’re being too loud Hyung…” he said before returning his gaze to the paper works. “Yeah It’s a first time actually, and he brought him to our favorite gazebo, it’s so weird.”

Leeteuk’s mouth hung open for a second and he tapped the younger’s office desk loudly. “OHMYGOD! TELL ME THAT ISN’T TRUE.”

“What’s not true?” the door barge open and Sungmin peeked from behind. Leeteuk stood up in undeniable shock and smiled widely at their visitor.

“Yo Min!” Leeteuk greeted but his greeting hug was abruptly pushed aside when another man came after his friend. He looked right away at how Kyuhyun change his expression.

“Leeteuk-hyung…” Sungmin greeted with a bow. “I’m here to tell Kyuhyun something…”

Sungmin said tugging his boyfriend who’s been looking at the bunny boy intently, smiling sincerely as his cute lover became too excited like a little child.

“What is it? I’m busy Min…” Kyuhyun said in a disappointed tone that Leeteuk caught.

“Grumpy chicken!” Sungmin muttered but suddenly remembering he did not introduce Jongwoon and Leeteuk yet he gasp.

“Oh! That’s rude of me.” he said before smiling again. “Jongwoonie, this is Leeteuk Hyung, he’s our senior friend from high school, he work with Grumpy Chicken over there.” Sungmin said and both Jongwoon and Leeteuk laugh and bowed at each other. “And this is Jongwoon, my boyfriend.” Sungmin introduce the other in a lovely smile that Leeteuk can’t help but be amused.

Sungmin then turned to the busy chicken.  “Yah, you wanna come with me on Jongwoon’s bar tonight, It’s my treat, my baby here is singing live.”

Kyuhyun arched up his brow. He looked at the desk calendar and checked the day. It was Friday, and he and Sungmin are supposed to do overnights on either of their place. But, what happened to the tradition?

 “Its Friday today.” he mouthed and looked at the other who didn’t exactly get the meaning of the now serious chicken.

“Exactly. We should go out don’t you think?” Sungmin smiled sweetly leaning on the table.

Kyuhyun, obviously pissed as observed by Leeteuk himself who’s watching the scene in pure interest, shook his head. “Sorry, Min… I have lots of-“

“PLEASSEEE…” Sungmin pleaded widening his eyes in a totally adorable manner that Kyuhyun stopped what he was doing and just stared.

‘Uh-oh… Sungmin 1 Kyuhyun 0’ Leeteuk whistled in thought as he saw Kyuhyun gave up.

“Okay.” the snarky chicken sighed in defeat and the bunny boy squealed through the arms of his lover. “I’ll see you later then. Don’t be late its 8pm sharp!” Sungmin cheered.

“You go with Kyuhyun too, Hyung!” Sungmin said to Leeteuk before dragging again his boyfriend who barely said goodbye to the two before hugging Sungmin from the back and whispering things to the smaller man ear that made the other giggle.

Leeteuk looked slowly at Kyuhyun who’s currently dumbfounded with his brows creased with this annoyed expression.

“Oh man!” Leeteuk shouted startling the other who glared at him. “Today is ‘best friend’ day right?”

The dongsaeng growled and return to his paper works. “I think I just said that. Sungmin forgot it already.”

Leeteuk clucked his tongue. “You’re in a deep heaps of trouble man…”

Kyuhyun chuckled at the retort of his Hyung. “I’m not, it’s just a small change of schedule, we can always return to the original routine after this.”

“No.” Leeteuk said confidently that earned him a surprise look from the younger. “I’ll elaborate it to you my genius Kyuhyunnie-“

“First. Sungmin never forgets.”

“Second.” Leeteuk tapped his lips with the pen he was holding. “Sungmin, put you first, no matter how many men he dates. It doesn’t matter if he really like him or not. ‘Kyuhyun-Sungmin’ pairing is always the priority.”

Kyuhyun was now listening intently at his Hyung though he didn’t dare look up.

“And Last…” Leeteuk chuckled heavily before looking at Kyuhyun.

“The way his boyfriend looked at Sungmin… I knew that look. It’s a look that says ‘I’m ing seriously In Love with you!’”

**

To Be Continued

A/N: I'm sorry if it's short. I just want to let you know that this fic is still alive, and I'm totally having this on my priority list from now on. I'm updating it more frequently so I still hope you can have fun in reading this ^^