Reason #8: Because it might be too late.

Reasons for a Love Song

"Do you love me?"

Kyuhyun swallowed his pride, his composure, his sanity for this question. Sungmin looked at him, eyes clearly surprised and clearly getting what the question meant. The playboy is putting everything in this one question. He only needed to see if Sungmin may have felt the same way about him after all this years.

"I-..." Sungmin tried to open his mouth but the words died out, Kyuhyun inched closer encouraging the other to speak.

"Kyu-"

"Hey!" a low husky voice cut the both of them off, hands wrapped around Sungmin, and the man placed subtle kiss on Sungmin's lips. 

Kyuhyun gasped at the scene and diverted his eyes right away. Swallowing another choked dissapointment.

"What's wrong? You two're so serious, what happened?"

Sungmin looked at Yesung's smiling face and his heart hammered, he turned towards Kyuhyun who lost his appetite and stood up abruptly leaving his seat.

"Excuse me." the man muttered almost inaudibly and he walked right off away from the couple.

Yesung stared at Kyuhyun's retreating form then towards Sungmin who's staring at the man who left with a frown.

"Babe?" Yesung tapped Sungmin who seemed startled based on the way he threw his eyes back to his boyfriend. "Is something the matter? Did you two fought?"

Sungmin pursed his lips and shook his head. "No, it's just a misunderstanding... we'll fix this in no time."

"Should I talk to him then? Maybe I could knock some sense in him, I hate to see you so worried like that..."

"Are you sure?" Sungmin asked confused at the same time nervous.

"Of Course, I think I can reach out to him, don't worry okay?"

Sungmin pursed his lips into a soft smile before he nodded and kissed Yesung's lips muttering a short "Thank You" before  his boyfriend sprint to where Kyuhyun have left off.

**

Yesung found Kyuhyun at the outside garden of the hotel reception, sitting on the gazeebo lounging a drink. The older sighed as he approached the younger who seemed to ignore his presence.

Kyuhyun sighed. "Do you know that Sungmin love cakes, he stared at it for a long time before he'll eat it..." the younger started and at first Kyuhyun made no sense, not until the next words are spoken.

"He hates anything that resembles a cockroach, he loves to cook, he wore a thick rimmed glass back in high school that made him look like a total nerd, he practically lived in my house, he has his own set of pyjamas and his favorite is the one settled on the room next to mine. He's anemic, he can't be deprived of food. He's not a cry baby and only cries infront of me, he was close to being molested back in high school and I was the one who saved him, the teacher denied it and I  filed the case against that son of a . He spends his birthday every year with me, my parents love him more than they love me, the only girl he liked is my elder sister, we spent 10 years doing the same routine every friday night, we hugged, we got wasted, we got drunk, and we sleep right next to each other!"

The last words tugged the older man's chest as he sighed  getting what the other meant. Kyuhyun is slapping him with everything he didn't know about the man he loves. 

"So what are you implying." Yesung broke the silence with a bitter retort.

Kyuhyun looked straight at him. "Me and Sungmin are something no one can penetrate."

Yesung chuckled at the childishness and he think it's time he said his part.

"We met in a bar, the one where I was singing live..." he started making Kyuhyun snapped up. 

"He never went to bars without-"

"He was drunk, wasted and crying."

The words that left Yesung's mouth startled Kyuhyun out of his semi-drunk state.

"He was struggling, driving attention, good ones and sinister ones, I took him to the private rooms to rest, well I took quite a few punches though I really didn't mind."

Kyuhyun let a cursed escape his lips, that's exactly the reason why the other don't go to such places alone. Jongwoon on the other hand  laughed at the obvious expression.

"Relax, I didn't molest him, if that's what you're thinking, I like him so I wouldn't do that." the older confessed.

"Then why do you like him, I'm sure it's your first time meeting him..."

"He's been going to that bar almost everyday that his unique beautiful face registered to me, and that cute drunken state do me in." Jongwoon chuckled recalling the memories.

"He's not a drunkard, he don't usually drink without me." Kyuhyun spat with loathing as he tugged down his throat another mouthful of beer.

"Well, he's actually shouting in his drunken state... saying that his bestfriend is such a stupid bastard who already forgotten him."

A huge pang of realization hit Kyuhyun's twisted brain, it all fell into place. Jongwoon, Sungmin's current lover who seemed seriously in loved with his bestfriend and his bestfriend met during those times that he was confused, the times when he kept denying his feelings for the other. That's the opening, that's the loop hole. 

"So Cho..." Jongwoon said in a serious tone snapping the younger to his regretful trance. "You loose your chance already, 10 years is a very long time for you to act up and hold on to Sungmin, now, don't you think it's unfair to claim him from me, when you already missed out the ing chance?!"

The challenge made the insides of Kyuhyun boil and in a split second he grabbed Jongwoon's collar and hoisted it up. "What the did you say?!" the younger said through gritted teeth and Jongwoon just stared down at him.

"You can't have it all Cho. And you can't give what Sungmin needs, you who loves to play around..." the older said igniting the anger inside Kyuhyun.

"Why you-"

"Kyuhyun?!" the voice shook Kyuhyun awake, though slightly blurred he could see the shock and worry in Sungmin's face, not only his but Leeteuk's as well and the speculating stare of the guests peeking out towards the gazeebo.

"W-What's happening here?" Kyuhyun removed his grasp from the other's collar and staggered lightly, the effects of the alcohol isn't the one rendering him this pathetic state, it was the pain, the pain that caused his eyes to blur and his heart to burst.

"I'm going home." the younger stated as he composed himself and walk pass Sungmin ignoring the other.

"Wait Kyuhyun?!" Sungmin shouted making the man stopped. 

"I'm sorry Min, I'll go home first." Kyuhyun stated not really looking into the other's eyes before walking away again, biting his lips Sungmin pulled the younger's arm and made him turn around.

"I said stop!" Sungmin shouted. "What the hell was that for, Jongwoon's just here to talk with you, because you suddenly went out after you asked me something that's definitely confusing and now I will see you starting up a fight and not even explaining it to me? What's your problem?!"

"You're unfair!" Kyuhyun finally snapped shouting at Sungmin with equal force taking Sungmin aback.

"You have a new boyfriend and you let him in 'our' life almost instantly! Inviting him to our favorite place where no flings of mine never set foot of, loosing our friday nights because you're out with him, living with him, it's ours! Everything you two do is things that we did for the past ten years! These things you shared with him is 'Ours'!"

"You've been hurt so many times and you still don't get the point why I dropped down everything to be beside you when they all left you in a mess!" Kyuhyunretorted and the tearing up from Sungmin's eyes became too much to conceal.

"So this is about your stupid jealousy?! You're afraid that I won't care about you?! Is that it?!"

"Yes! That's it. You..." Kyuhyun pointed at Sungmin. "Should've put him..." then he pointed at Yesung. "...in his rightful place! Not between us!"

Sungmin pursed his lips in anger. "That's quite rude Cho! Remember?! You were the one who stopped seeing me first! You're the one who without further ado, dissapeared when I needed you most! I thought we were something inseparable but you left me first! And don't blame me if I found someone willing to be with me, in case you haven't notice, you're making a big deal out of this when you were JUST MY FRIEND!"

As those words escaped his mouth Sungmin immediately clapped his hand against his mouth, he had said something wrong, the broken expression in Kyuhyun's face says it all, those last words hurted him but the pain evident on his bestfriend's eyes proved that he suffered most. That the retort affected him beyond comprehension.

Sungmin knew, that somewhat along those years, Kyuhyun is never 'Just a friend', What they have, if described as 'friendship' is an understatement.

"Yeah." Kyuhyun opened his mouth with a forceful voice. "we were 'just' that."

The man stepped back and Sungmin tried to reach out to him but his knees grew weak and Jongwoon caught him just in time before he broke down to the sight of Kyuhyun's retreating back.

 

To be Continued

A/N: So.... take that extremely heated discussion between those two. Did I do great?! Because personally I'm quite proud of this chapter? What do you think??