Reason #3: Because sometimes, I became really stupid

Reasons for a Love Song

PS: Please read the author's note below ^^

 

"You look like hell!"

Kyuhyun groaned as he massaged his neck. He slept uncomfortably for the past nights because of cramming and because of his bestfriend's pestering which he undeniably allow.

"Stop teasing Teukie hyung." Kyuhyun growled under his breath. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"Just here to check up on you and it seems like you didn't have a nice for a year... what's up?" Leeteuk sat on the chair across Kyuhyun's small but private desk.

"Yeah~ no for a week..." Kyuhyun rolled his eye. "Some problem came up..."

Leeteuk looked at Kyuhyun and then his mouth fell open in realization. The usual problem came up. He laughed at Kyuhyun and then whistled. "Sungmin problem again?"

Kyuhyun's sound of like a whining dog before he placed his head on the desk. "I'm dead tired..." he murmured almost incoherently.

"You can always say no to him you know~ you're just friends, I'm sure he'll understand if you can't attend to him all the time." Leeteuk said smiling devilishly awaiting for Kyuhyun's reaction whenever he say these kind of things.

Kyuhyun (as usual) glared at him. "He's not just a friend. He's my best friend. How many times do I have to repeat that?" the younger man raised his head just to give the older one a very dissatisfied look. "He's very depress this time, he even think he's better off a girl."

"Oooh~! that's new! Tell me about it!" Leeteuk leaned in closer to the desk showing his interest to Sungmin's new retort.

"You're such a gossiper!" Kyuhyun growled. "He just blabbered it out in a drunken state. I told him he's better off a guy, after all he's more beautiful than most girls so there's nothing wrong with being a guy."

"Yeah I agree, and you probably won't know what to do with him." the older man laughed. "I can't even remember how you two came from being best enemies to best friend."

"It was back from high school, he's stingy as ever, you know him, he's like this wild horse you can't tame especially when it comes to professionalism. It was because I save him from being molested that we started to open up..." Kyuhyun recalled chuckling at the memory of Sungmin crying at the same time cursing him when he already had bruised torso and a cut on the lips.

"I was on senior back then, I don't remember that much about the two of you but I'm pretty sure he always kicked your ...the mighty Cho stopping all his rendezvous whenever the queen called." Leeteuk laughed. "Seriously, if he had been a girl, I'm sure she'll be the death of you."

Kyuhyun snickered trying to focus on a paper he should check before the president took hold of it. "What do you mean, the death of me?"

"Oh don't be stubborn Kyu. If Sungmin was a girl. you might've fallen in love with him."

Kyuhyun stopped his fiddling and then scoffed followed by an inconsiderable fit of laughter. "What are you crazy Hyung~! I can't even stick my stuff into one girl and you're suggesting I'll fall in love with my bestfriend?! We talked about it though, and he said I'm not his type..."

"But he's your type...." the older man joked and this time Kyuhyun looked at him sternly. Thinking about pushing his luck with the almost annoyed dongsaeng he tapped the table. "If I didn't know you better I'd say you liked him even as a guy. Romantically..." Leeteuk murmured the last word almost inaudible.

"We're bestfriends, that won't happen." the younger said stiffly now just filling the paper inattentively.

"I see more than that." Leeteuk said before raising his hand to protect his face from Kyuhyun's attack of slapping him with the folder.

The two of them remained quiet after the attack and Leeteuk just waited for the papers to be put below the desk on an office box before speaking again. "Have you ever consider it? Falling in love with Min?" and the younger sighed defeated at his hyung's hard-hardheadedness as he chose not to reply.

"If you don't want to can I try him instead?"

Kyuhyun looked up once again his expression turned hard. "Do you want to loose your job?"

"As expected." Leeteuk growled. "You see~! If you don't want him to be taken by someone else, then you should take him instead?!"

"It's not like that I just don't want him to be hurt since he's my bestfriend."

"Well then, If you say so..." Leeteuk dismissed the topic just like that still unable to comprehend Kyuhyun's stubborness. "I'm just saying..."

"It's really not like that hyung..." Kyuhyun denied all the more as the older man started to walk out his office waving back at him like he's a boring piece of specimen.

Kyuhyun stared at his hyung's retreating back, and as much as he didn't like it he begin to think what Leeteuk said. Questions started to popped out from nowhere, questions like 'is he and Sungmin too close?' or 'if the two of them looked good together?' or 'is he really straight?'

He laughed at the last statement, there's no doubt about his uality, that's even a stupid question to ask shaking his head to the thought that these strange things that goes through his head is the effect of not sleeping with a girl for a week.

As if on cue, his phone rang. Sighing, he picked it up.

"Hello?~"  a chimed voice echoed from the other line and Kyuhyun sat straight in the recognition of who was on the other line.

"Yeah Min? What's up?" he smiled and relaxed at the realization that Sungmin's voice sounded better than the last time.

"It's Friday to day, it's our day... do you want lunch out, or probably hang out at the usual?"

Kyuhyun chuckled lightly, it's true. Both of them placed Friday as their day since they've been busy with work, they usually hang out, watch movies or go to their favorite cafe and restaurants, it's like their mini date...

Date.

The brunette stopped at the thought, he's straight, he and Sungmin, his gay bestfriend, shouldn't be going out like this. It should feel weird right?

Thinking about what Leeteuk said and concluding that it was all true, the both of them are too close, if he can recall everything the both of them did it's as if it was beyond what they should act. He needed to stop this.

"Kyu?" Sungmin asked cutting the man on his trance. "Are you still there?"

Pursing his lips tightly, mentally preparing himself. Kyuhyun took a deep breath  and said.

"Sorry Min... I can't, I'll pass for now."

**

It went on.

Kyuhyun started turning down his bestfriend’s invitation, two Fridays have already passed and still he refuse to show up on their hang-out schedule with the excuse that ‘he’s too busy’ and Sungmin just responded with the usual ‘Oh I see, maybe next time…”

Somehow, those few words felt heavier and heavier for Kyuhyun, the usual every day texts Sungmin was sending which Kyuhyun never replied, he only replied ‘Goodmorning’ and ‘Goodnight’ he felt guilty but he always convinced himself that that’s the right thing to do, until eventually, the usual numbers of calls and texts died down.

Thursday, 3 weeks after he decided to make the call, feeling that Sungmin might be crying already, he tapped on his phone a speed dial number.

“Hello?” Sungmin’s voice echoed through the other line.

“Ming? It’s Kyu-“ Kyuhyun greeted cheerfully, smiling ear to ear hearing the sound of  his bestfriend’s voice. It’s been so long and he realized that he eventually miss the other man. “Can we meet right now? My treat… it’s been so long…” Kyuhyun offered and he waited for a reply but all he heard was silence from the other line.

“Hello? Ming? Are you there?” he repeated his eyebrow frowning.

“Oh~ you’re not busy?” Sungmin’s cheerful voice echoed to the other line. “are we doing Friday night out today?”

Kyuhyun shook his head at the other man’s ecstatic voice, not concealing his excitement.

“No, It’s called ‘Friday’ for a reason right?” he scoffed and he’s sure the other is pouting like hell. “let’s do it tomorrow, let’s just meet up ‘kay? How ‘bout the usual place?”

Sungmin giggled from the other line and Kyuhyun can’t help but smile. “You’re in a right timing… I’ll meet you there in an hour…”

Kyuhyun hummed in response. “Yeah, be careful on your way there…”

Sungmin hanged up and Kyuhyun hurriedly picked up his coat and keys almost running through the doors.

**

Kyuhyun reached their place 45 minutes later, he ended up earlier than expected since he picked up the speed. He wanted to make up with his bestfriend quite badly that he didn’t care to let his speedometer piped down.

Their place is a small western café, the ambiance had a touch of Italian that suits into Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s preferences. Woods carved as tables and chairs, outside gazebos that he remembered lighted beautifully at night and the specialty wine who never fail to caress both their refined taste.

Kyuhyun sat beside the window overlooking the beautiful garden gazebo and a part of the parking lot so that he would see Sungmin arrived.

15 minutes later, a familiar black chevy halted on the parking, Sungmin got down from the driver’s seat smiling as he recognized Kyuhyun. The latter stood up and greeted him with an excited smile, tapping his feet impatiently when he saw his bestfriend walking to meet another man, who seems to be invisible to Kyuhyun’s eyes until Sungmin took his car keys from him and gave the man a sweet smile with a lovingly nudge.

The man with a sleek blonde hair smiled at Sungmin lovingly, wrapping his arms around the other’s small waist and a sickening feeling fell down on Kyuhyun’s stomach.

Sungmin waited for the other man as they walked, hand in hand. The unkown man looked at Kyuhyun’s bestfriend endearingly , his eyes never off of the smaller guy’s face.

Kyuhyun didn’t like it, in fact, it feels like there’s a hammer pounding on his head, like mocking him or something added to the fact that this place is Sungmin and his’ , how come Sungmin brought  another person when he never even brought someone else there, not even Leeteuk.

But why didn’t he? Even the only serious girlfriend he had never set foot on this place. The betrayal he felt was nerve wrecking but he’s feeling something else, something somewhat greater than betrayal, a feeling of possessiveness with a mixture of disappointment, the feeling of something looming to tear their friendship apart.

Sungmin entered the café and walked towards kyuhyun tugging along the man with him.

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin exclaimed, finally letting go of the other man’s hands before he sprint towards Kyuhyun for an embrace.

Kyuhyun felt another swooping sensation when the other man hugged him, he misses his bestfriend so much he didn’t want to let go, but the clingy Sungmin is the first one to move away to Kyuhyun’s disappointment.

“You’re so busy that I never get to see you …” Sungmin smiled at him and Kyuhyun just nodded sheepishly.

“I’m sorry about that Min…” he apologized sincerely feeling somewhat sorry for himself rather than for his bestfriend.

“Don’t worry about it.” the smaller man flashed him a flustered smile that he tried so hard to hold himself from hugging the man again.

Sungmin, on the other hand moved back taking the stranger (which Kyuhyun almost forgot) closer to their little bubble. “By the way Kyu - this is Jongwoon…” Sungmin giggled a blush spreading on his cheeks as he held the other man’s hand. “He’s my boyfriend.”

-To be Continued-

A/N: Sorry, for updating this ssoooooo late. It’s a month I think >.< Sorry for those who are really looking forward to my updates to this. I'm sorry that I can't make this update longer. (If I did, I' will not know where to cut it off)Honestly, this is not (yet)on my priority list, since ‘Can I Love Again?’ is almost finishing all my writing power is there. On the other hand in ‘Luck Stealer’ I’m having a writer’s dilemma so the updates for that will be pushed back too, though it is still, highly prioritize.

 Actually it’s a travel fic, the one I wrote back in December where our family is (obviously) on a trip so this fic had been written way back and I’m just typing it in which I’m quite lazy to do so, I’m really sorry. But don’t worry; I presume that you guys will love this too. I just hope you can still wait for the updates >.<