New Violin

사랑은 저주입니다 (Love is a Curse)

100 subbies ^^ I'm so happy right now even thought it's like midnight

 

 

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing next to your ear.

With one eye opened, you looked at the caller and groaned.

-Why so early?- you complained and answered the call. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Mian, I woke you didn't I?" Chanyeol chuckled on the other end.

"No no it's fine, who wouldn't want to wake up at 7 in the morning on a day-off just to answer your call?" you said, putting as much sarcasm as you could muster in your voice.

"Wow, you're not a morning person are you?" you could tell he was enjoying this.

"Why so early anyway? I thought we were going to go out after lunch" 

"That'll be too late, Mr. Lee's heading there right now so you better get ready" he informed you.

You sat up, feeling just a bit awake. "Woah, wait, what? I'm still in bed and I don't think-"

"I'n hanging up!" he announced cheerfully and the line went dead.

You flopped back down, grabbed your pillow and screamed into it, flailing your body every which way possible.

 

It took you approximately 30 minutes to take a quick shower, eat breakfast, brush your teeth, and dress up. You decided to wear a simple denim dress with black oxfords. The door bell rang just as you were rubbing the rest of the sleep away from your eyes.

wg_sohee_tommyhilfiger_cosmokr_sept_2012

 

"Mr. Lee, Good Morning!" you greeted him happily, you were much more pleasant in the morning with food in your stomach.

"Morning Yun Hee" Mr. Lee smiled back and gestured for you to step out "The car is waiting just in front"

"Thank You for picking me up" you said as the two of you headed for the car.

"I'm just following orders" he laughed "Chanyeol stressed that I should take care of you and  make sure you're okay until we get to-"

"Where?" you asked, as you sat in the comfortable leather seat of the car "Where is this place Chanyeol's planned on taking me?"

"I'm not at liberty to say, but by the looks of it, you'll really like it Yun Hee" he assured and put the car in drive.

You let yoursekf fall asleep during the whole ride. If you could, you'd always sleep in a car since it was the most comfortable place for you to sleep, next to your bed of course. 

*********************************************************************************************************

Chanyeol stood pacing under the walk/stop light on the corner of the street. He was excited and nervous at the same time. he wasn't expecting Yun Hee to agree to his request yesterday and now he is looking at the situation as a date. 

He didn't want to carry a lot of stuff so he only brought his phone and wallet which he stuffed in his back pocket. He was wearing denim and was fixing the cuffs of his shirt when the all so familiar car drove up right in front of him. 

 

chanyeol.png

 

Chanyeol smiled as Yun Hee stepped out of the passenger's door. 

"Hey" he greeted.

Yun Hee looked up and stared at his clothes before letting out a light chuckle.

"W-whar?" he asked, and looked down at himself. 

-Is there something wrong with my clothes?-

"We kind of match" she said simply, and gestured to her own clothes.

"Oh right" he relaxed and smiled. -Now we even look like a couple-

"So..where's this place you were talking about yesterday?" she asked.

"Right here" he said and spread out his arms to show the store behind you. 

It was a violin store.

7960781252_58061e2669_z.jpg

 

"It's owned by a japanese violinist who already retired. I figured since you just lost yours...you'll need a new one" he explained and hoped that Yun Hee would like the idea.

"Chanyeol..." Yun Hee breathed and she dabbed at her eyes with her finger.

"What's wrong? Is it too soon? I'm sorry, we can come back another time of you're not ready. I just thought-" Chanyeol rambled in panic. He wasn't expecting her to start crying.

Yun Hee laughed and waved her hand "It's not that, it's just no one's ever gone this far for me before...Thanks"

"You're welcome..just don't start crying on me again"

"Don't worry, I won't"

"Then let's go in" Chanyeol grabbed her hand and led her inside. 

Rows and rows of violins lined the wall of the store. There were cases, bows, and strings as well. Yun Hee marveled at all the violins, her eyes widened at some of the more famous and expensive makes. Chanyeol smiled at how she handled the instruments as if they were new born babies. Her touch was soft and gentle, she made sure not to even leave a visible finger print on any of them.

"Find anything you like miss?" a man's voice asked. The two turned around to see a white-haired man who wore a pair of specs on his nose.

"Kurosawa-san" Chanyeol bowed.

Yun Hee quickly put down the violin she was holding and bowed down respectfully.

"H-hello...I'm sorry, I was touching them without your permission" she apologized.

"It's alright young lady, I haven't seen someone hold a violin with as much care as you. Besides myself of course" his thick accent made it obvious that he wasn't korean but japanese.

"Chanyeol here actually called me yesterday and asked for help. Now I see what had him so desperate" he chuckled.

Yun Hee laughed and walked up to the counter to formally introduce herself.

"Nice to meet you sir, my name is Kim Yun Hee" she offered her hand.

"The pleasure's mine Yun Hee-sshi" Kurosawa took her hand and shook it slightly. "It's not everyday I get a special customer such as yourself"

"Special? I'm not anyone like that Kurosawa-san. In fact, I couldn't be father than special"

The old man leaned in and gestured for her to do the same. "The fact that Kang Dae's son himself asked me personally for help makes you pretty special Yun Hee-sshi"

He nodded at Chanyeol's direction and Yun Hee turned around to meet his big brown eyes. She quickly broke eye contact and face Kurosawa instead.

He laughed "You two are very sweet, I'm sure he likes you very much"

"No no we're not like that!" she shook her head, her cheeks burning red.

"Not like what?" Chanyeol asked form behind her. She jumped at his sudden closeness.

"So did you find one you want yet?" his body brushed past against her as he stepped beside her.

"Uhmm...I don't know" Yun Hee shuffled her feet, she couldn't possibly choose from all these excellent violins.

"That's where I come in" Kurosawa put in, he opened the door that led to the back of the store. After rummaging through some stuff, he emergeb back holding a light colored violin. He put it down on a black piece of cloth.

 

Here it is. And it was, Yun Hee knew it was the one. There was no explaining it, she gently picked it up and placed it on her shoulder. It fit perfectly, like the missing piece to a jigsaw puzzle. Kurosawa handed her the matching bow and she played a note, the sound that the violin produced was like nothing she had ever heard before.

"Each violin has its own unique sound" Kurosawa commented, as if he just read her mind.

Yun Hee smiled and looked down at the instrument with eyes full of joy.

"I'll take it"