The husband-to-be

A stranger, a husband, a teacher and one best friend !

 chapter two 

 The husband-to-be

 

________________________________________

 

She was late, her parents were already waiting for her with her future husband. The guy lived at the other side of town so of course she would be late, but frankly she could care less about this stupid meeting and just seeing the look on her mothers face when she saw her wearing the same clothes as last night was priceless. Her mother pushed her up the stairs to get changed, "you better behave.".

 

A knock on her bedroom door and someone comes in before waiting for a response, " I was going to help you out of this, but I'm disappointed in you," it was her older brother Young Kwang. He had always been overprotective so he must be mad that she didn't answer yesterday evening.

"Oppa, you are lucky," she sighed as she looked at him through the mirror. "Whae?" he sat on her bed looking how she was brushing her hair in a neat ponytail in front of the vanity. "You married unnie, even when mom was against it." He smiled, " oppa is a bad example, you can't follow my lead, I wasn't filial when I dropped out of business school to study cooking and follow my dream. You know it wasn't easy in the beginning, I'm sorry but I can't help you with disobeying our parents. It's a bit hypocrite from me but you are my baby sister I don't want you to live in hardship. The guy you are going to marry isn't bad, he will treat you well. Who knows maybe you will start to like him." He sighed when he saw her saddened face "Let's go they are waiting for you."

 

She walked into the living room where her future in-laws and husband where sitting, she bowed before introducing herself " Annyeonhaseyo, Kim Ha Neul imnida, nice to meet you," her mother-in-law beamed, "omona, she is so pretty. You should sit next to my sqon. Son, greetings" she hissed through her teeth.

 

The young man didn't even pay attention to the girl who was walking in. He was just staring at his phone, waiting for a call or even a text, anything would be good at this moment.  She must be awake now why didn't she call me.

 

He heard his mother talking to him and stood up to do as she said, "annyeonhaseyo, Zhang Yi Xing imni.." he stopped when he saw her. His eyes lightened up when he realised that the girl he was going to marry was the same he left in his bed this morning, well actually he had mixed feelings. First, he was glad it was her because they really got along yesterday even before starting drinking, but he was a bit disappointed cause she knew about this marriage and still went out. What does that say about her, him, their marriage?

 

Ha Neul looked up a the guy and smiled sweetly, well she was faking it. He looked handsome she would admit that but he was just ruining her peaceful life. She thought about the guy of yesterday although she didn't remember his face she remembered the feelings she had while being with him. She was carefree, happy, no worries. She was thankful to him to have felt that at least once before getting into this marriage. It's not like she had feelings for a person she couldn't even remember how he looked like, it was just she felt grateful to have spend a time without thinking about the consequences for her, her family or their freaking business. Just for one night she had felt like Kim Ha Neul an ordinary girl having fun and not as Kim Ha Neul daughter of Kim Tae Won Chairman of one the biggest cosmetic company in Korea. This marriage was nothing more than an agreement for both their parents to insure they would always help each other out with their businesses .

 

Her life as a normal teenager was officially over in a few days and she blamed her parents and his. He stole a glance of her face and smiled when their eyes met. She turned her head and sighed, wait doesn't she recognise me? He looked at her again hoping to find some kind of sign that she knew who he was but nothing. She kept staring at her hands, she didn't even look at him.

 

Why does he stare at me like that, I hope I have nothing on my face.

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» layout