Chapter 2: Broken

Awaiting Love

Chapter 2: Broken

No One’s POV………….

 

A Year Have Pass By……………

 

            As Mina had said, she really did waited for days, weeks, months, and now a year, but as time goes by, their love was slowly wilting each passing days.

“Day by day, you never came back. Why?” Mina whisper as she sat on top of roof and with her knees up to her chin. “Today mark the day where you left me like the winds, leaving me with no trace of you, who left this long road just to save us.”

           Surrounded by the darkness of the night, she quietly cried and cried until there were no tears. *I miss your embrace. I miss your scent. I miss your voice. I miss everything about you. Please come back before tomorrow night.* Mina thought as she silently wipe her tears. Looking out to the nearest village she could see, she see a couple. They both were out at night hugging each other before the guy gently kiss her before hurrying off with a red face. *These memories are so painful.* Mina thought as she clutch onto the spot where her heart was.

“Princess!!!” Mina heard a very familiar female voice yelled out in the dark as she look down to see the worried face of the Head Maid, looking out to the darkness to find Mina. Seeing the worried face of the Head Maid, Mina quietly got down and silently went to the Head Maid.

“Princess Mina!!! Where were you? We were all so worried!!!” The Head Maid said as she turn around to see me.

“I was somewhere,” I answer, “I’m tired. Let’s go to my room.” With a nod from the Head Maid, she lead me to my room. Closing the room on the other maids, she help me get on the bed and tuck me in.

“Don’t give up. I’m sure he’ll be back.” The Head Maid said as she rub my cold hands.

“But the marriage is tomorrow.” Mina said quietly.

“You can always hold off the marriage,” The Head Maid answer, “He is not even your love one. Your dad will understand.”

“He won’t. He never go back on his word.” Mina said as a tear slip out.

“Well, I hope they’ll be back by tomorrow. The messenger said they will be back by tomorrow.” The Head Maid said, “Now you need to get some sleep.”

“Okay. Goodnight.” Mina said as she yawn.

“Goodnight to you, too, my Princess.” The Head Maid said as she slightly bow before making her way to the door and leave Mina in the darkness.

 

The Next Day……………..

 

“Good morning, my darling.” The King greets Mina at the dining room.

“Good morning, daddy.” Mina answer back sadly.

“Why are you so pale today? You should be happy!!!” The King said as he smiles.

“I just don’t feel well today.” Mina said before she began eating along with the King,

“Okay.” The King replied.

 

Forward to the afternoon…………..

 

            Everyone was rushing everywhere to make sure everything was in place before the marriage starts. While everyone, including the Head Maid, was rushing, Mina decide to go up the roof once again. On her way to the roof, she could see a dirty beggar, along with some other behind him, on the ground, begging a guard to see the King right away. Just as a guard was about to hit the beggar, Mina quickly stop him.

“Stop!!!” Mina yelled out as she block the beggar.

“P-Princess.” The guard said as he bow.

“Since you are not going to take him to the King, I will.” Mina said as she pull the beggar up to his feet.

“Yes, Princess.” The guard said as he step aside to let the Princess and beggars go past him.

            As they were walking to the King’s room, Mina examine the beggar, who she protect. He had dirty blond hair. He was very tall. He had a scary face that could scary off anyone who bother him. He had beggar’s clothes. Just as Mina’s eyes trial past his arms, she saw an awful familiar looking tattoo.

“General Kris!!!” Mina yelled out as soon as I saw the South general’s tattoo.

“Princess Mina, you remember.” Kris said as he bow.

“The tattoo is showing.” Mina said as they approach the King’s room.

“Where is the others?” Mina ask him.

“They are still outside the palace, waiting.” Kris replied as he knock on the door.

“Who is this??!!!” The King yelled out when he open the door.

“General Kris at your service, my King.” Kris said as he bow.

“General Kris?” The King ask Mina, who respond with a nod.

“General Kris, please get clean first, and then we'll talk.” The King suggest, in which Kris respond with a nod before going off.

“Go get ready, Mina. Your wedding is just hours away.” The King said as he shoo Mina away. Once she got outside the room, she ran off to the roof. Once she got there, she quickly climb it and look over the whole South land, trying to look for Kai or the other warriors. When she spotted the warriors, she got off the roof and ran to the place where they were at: The garden. After running for a long time, she finally reached the garden. When she arrive, all of the warriors bow.

“Where’s Kai?” Mina ask as she look at their faces. When none of them respond, Mina ask again, “Where is Kai?”

“He’s gone.” Mina heard Kris’s voice said as he stop beside her.

“W-What?” Mina ask as her heart skip a beat.

“Kai was ambush. He was badly wounded by arrows and swords.” Kris said.

“No, it can’t be.” Mina said as her breathing hitched.

“He wanted to give this to you,” Kris said as he hand her a necklace, “We must go get ready.” With that, Kris signal the warriors to follow him.

“This can’t be.” Mina said as she look at the familiar necklace. Quietly making her way to the roof, she ignores the whispers from the servants. When she arrive at the roof, she climbed it and silently sat down. Tears slowly escaping her eyes, when she look out into the horizon where Kai left her.

“You promise me. You promise me that we would be together forever.” Mina whispers as she holds tightly onto the necklace, piercing her hand, due to the sharp sides of the necklace.  Mixing her tears and blood together, she began to hum to a familiar melody. The song was a song Kai and Mina always hum and sing together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iENRcSSGr2k

“What should I do? What should I do now since you are gone forever?” Mina ask again and again as she hug herself.

 

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -