Chapter 1: Goodbye

Awaiting Love

Chapter 1: Goodbye

No One’s POV…………..

 

 

“Promise me that after the war, you will marry me.” Mina said as she and Kai sat on top of the palace roof, a place where only they both go to.

“I will. A general never go back on his word.” Kai said as he back hug Mina.

“I trust you.” Mina said as she hold onto his arms.

            As they both were hugging each other, they look at the beautiful lands that belong to the South Kingdom. With the sun setting, they could see everyone returning to their home. Just as their eyes was about to travel to the lands of the North Kingdom, a voice could be heard, “ Princess Mina, where are you??!!”

“Aish, she is always worried about me.” Mina said as she smile slightly at the sight of her Head Maid, along with 4 other maids, looking for her.

“Let’s go. She must be worried.” Kai said as he let go of Mina and climb off the roof and then help Mina get off the roof. Once they got on the ground, they both ran hand in hand through the darkness, dodging at the sight of the guards, maids, and officials. Once they got to Mina’s bedroom, Kai quickly look around before he bends over and quickly peck Mina’s nose, before hurrying off with a red face.

“So cute.” Mina whisper as she look at the hurrying Kai.

            Quietly opening the door of her bedroom, she enters it. Once she got inside, she let out a small shriek.

“Where have you been?” The Head Maid ask as she stood up from the bed.

“In the kitchen?” Mina said as she mentally hit her head for saying that in a question.

“The kitchen?” The Head Maid ask as she walks around Mina in a circle, “ Are you sure you weren’t with Kai?” Making Mina’s head shot up, she look at the Head Maid, who had a straight face on.

“How did you know?” Mina ask quietly.

“I know everything about you.” The Head Maid said.

“Please don’t tell anyone.” Mina beg as she got on her knee.

“Princess!!!  Please get up. No one can see you like this.” The Head Maid said as she got on down and pull Mina up.

“Please don’t tell anyone. We both will tell whenever we are ready.” Mina said as she look at the Head Maid in the eyes.

“Fine.” The Head Maid said as she let out a sigh. Ending the conversation like this, they both sat in a awkward silence. For a good 5 minute, the Head Maid finally spoke up, “Princess, you do know that the warriors and generals are leaving tomorrow for the war against the North Kingdom, right?”

“Yes. But no matter what, I will wait for him.” Mina said sternly, “Even if it takes days, weeks, months, or years, I will wait for him.”

“Young love these days.” The Head Maid said as she shook her head, “Go to sleep. They are leaving early tomorrow.”

“Okay,” Mina said as she lay down on the bed and pull the cover up to her chin, “Thank you for supporting me.”

“That is what a Head Maid do.” The Head Maid said before walking out the door.

 

The Next Early Morning……………

 

“Princess Mina!!! Wake up!!! They are leaving!!!” Mina heard a voice said as she cover her ears.

“If you don’t wake up, Kai is going to leave!!!” With that Mina shot up and quickly got dress before running out with her Head Maid and other maids after her.

            Finally making outside, she could see her own breath in the air, but farther away she could see all the warriors and 3 generals in the front line, one of them was Kai.

“Wait!!!” Mina yelled out, stopping everyone.

“Mina!!!” Kai shouted out as he jump off his horse and run back to Mina. Once they got close enough, they both jump into a hug. 

“I thought you would never come.” Kai said as he hug Mina tightly against him, earning gasps from the warriors.

“I will never leave you without saying goodbye.” Mina said as she buried her face at the crook of Kai’s neck.

“General Kai, it’s time to go.” One of the older generals said as he stops his horse beside Kai and Mina and bow at the sight of the Princess.

“Yes, General Kris. Sorry for the disturbance.” Kai said as he bow at General Kris before turning back to Mina.

“Goodbye.” Kai said as he bow at Mina and kiss her hand gently.

“Remember your promise. " Mina said.

“I will.” Kai said before walking off.

“Set off!!!” General Kris yelled out, making everyone, once again, move.

“Let’s go, Princess.” The Head Maid said as she pull Mina’s arms. Quickly getting the Head Maid’s grip off her, she ran off to the only place where she could see them go, the roof. As she was running she could hear, the maids shouting behind her. Once she got to the roof, she pick up her dress and climb up until she reach the roof. When she got up there, she could see the maids and guards looking for her, down below.

“I’m going to miss you.” Mina whisper as she look at the lines of the warriors and the 3 generals, who is heading off into the horizon to protect their lands, and love ones.

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Hello everyone!!! I am back with another contest story. I hope this chapter is interesting!!!

So just to let you guys know, princesses and generals could not get married in the old days because a general is consider a lower ranking than a princess.

-littleocean