The Final

Aftermath

"Okay, now I know who it is," Jonghyun mused after finishing the brief flashback, a definite expression on his face.

 

"Who is it? Better not be Abraham Lincoln or somebody like that," retorted Minho, eyes narrow with suspicion at the shorter male.

 

The said person ignored the reply and stated, put simply, "Eunhyuk."

 

"Eunhyuk? You mean, as in Donghae's husband?!" exclaimed Key, eyeballs wide in astonishment. A swift nod of the older was enough for everyone else to gape in surprise.

 

"I can't believe it." Taemin blinked several times in a blankly manner at the resting patient. 

 

"Me either." Onew rubbed his eyes to confirm what he was seeing was reality.

 

"Well, what are we standing here for? Call Donghae!" commanded the tallest, pulling out his cellphone and tossing it to Jonghyun.

 

The said person caught the device safely and dialed in the husband's number.

 

Donghae drove to the hospital as fast as he could manage. Many thoughts were racing furiously through his mind, as he nearly broke the gas pedal in his car. By the time he had gotten there and raced into the designated room where Hyukjae was, tears were already flowing like waterfalls from his eyes.

 

He slowly sauntered over to the half-awake man, brushing his hand along Hyukjae's slightly cold cheek. Hyukjae gave back a little smile as a return to the gesture.

 

"You're back, Hyukkie," Donghae managed to croak out, before enveloping his reunited lover in a hug, his tears slowly soaking Hyukjae's hospital gown.

 

"I know," his boyfriend whispered, clutching Donghae's warm hand tightly in his own. "I know."

 

End of flashback

 

About a week later, Hyukjae was able to be discharged from the hospital. Donghae quickly made him comfortable in their rented apartment when they got home, treating him to strawberry milk and chocolate-covered strawberries. They refused to leave their house for that week, only desiring to stay in the comfort of each other.

 

Because New York was still a chaotic mess at the time and people were still "jobless" and all, they had to move out of the state, and took an airplane to California. They moved into a small house with the rest of their savings, while also opening a small cafe that specialized in combining Korean and French desserts together. Donghae and Hyukjae didn't really expect the place to get so popular, as they believed that they weren't very good in the field of baking. Turns out, it did become quite the attraction, as they were always busied taking in orders and such. The customers were delighted at the strange yet tasty concoctions, and the little bistro became successful in no time. Eventually, they were obliged to hire their neighbors, Yongguk and Daehyun, to help them in the cafe, since it was getting extremely stressful with all the crowds and such. 

 

Aside from the exotic cuisine and all, most of the female population in the area arrived to the building simply because to stare and drool over the handsome employees. Unfortunately, they didn't know that were already taken, Hyukjae with Donghae (Duh) and Yongguk with Daehyun. Nonetheless, the business was a happy one, and they all recieved a fair share of money in the end. 

 

Several years later, Hyukjae suddenly began to experience severe pain in one of his arms, and was eventually sent to the hospital again for a check up. It turned out that the damage from the incident was beginning to affect him again, his muscles strangely yet constantly swelling up painfully all the time. There was no better choice than to amputate and replace it. However, the procedure was a success, and two weeks later, Hyukjae was out of the hospital once again, this time with one less human arm.

 

At first when he had come back home, it was a challenge for him to do some chores, such as cutting vegetables or carrying the laundry with his newfound robotic arm, but pretty soon, he had become accustomed to it, and was doing everyday jobs like nothing had happened.

 

About 12 years passed, and the idea of raising a child suddenly appeared in the couple's minds. Since they couldn't bear a child, they finally decided to visit the local adoption center. There were many kids there, all who were fun to play with in their own way. After a couple of small arguements or so, the two chose to raise a boy, who had abnormally chubby cheeks and small eyes, creating the image of a hamster. They signed the documents and all, and named their newfound child Sunggyu.

 

Yongguk and Daehyun had also thought of nurturing a child, and they adopted a boy too, with surprisingly handsome features despite not going through puberty and such, and named him Woohyun. The two young boys quickly became friends in no time, always playing with each other after school. And then the two finally became lovers later.

 

The two small families became quite close and cheerful, and life was content as that.

 

"YAH HYUKJAE! EXPLAIN TO ME WHY ARE YOUR SUNGGYU AND MY WOOHYUN LOOKING THROUGH YOUR STASH OF !" Daehyun furiously yelled from downstairs, immediately grabbing the magazines from their grasp.

 


Finally, I'm done... /throws confetti/

I'd like to say, thank you to those who joined me on this little journey. :3 I highly encourage you to check out my other stories if you have time. ^^

And once again, thankyu! I LOVE YOU GUYS ALL!

tumblr_m7p7j68xnK1qmxpi5_large.gif