Meeting Mr. Choi Minho

A Study in Shinee

 

As we made our way to the hospital Kibum told me more about the gentleman whom I was to be staying with.

       "Just don't blame me if you don't get along with him." Kibum said while avoiding pedestrians going the opposite way. "I know nothing more than what I have learned from our occasional meetings at the lab." I walked along beside Kibum, wondering about the peculiar Choi Minho.

       "If we don't get along It will be easier to leave ." I said, looking over at Kibum and smiling. Kibum stayed silent. "What's so extremely strange about Mr. Choi?" I asked him.

       "It's not easy to express the inexpressible." Kibum answered quietly and keeping his focus straight ahead. "He's too scientific for my taste, one might even say he's a bit...creepy." he said and smiled absently and looked over at me. "You know one time he took one of his experiments too far. He beat the corpse subjects in the dissecting room with a stick! I saw it myself!"Kibum said as his eyes grew wide.

       "He beat the corpses with a stick? What was the object of the experiment?" I asked him, suprised and a little scared.

       "He wanted to see how far bruises produced after death. He's not a medical student of any kind. No one really knows the object of his studies." Kibum said, shaking his head. It was then that I began to have second thoughts about staying with the man known as Choi Minho.

 

  We turned a few corners on the street and finally came to the hospital. We walked up he steps, through the doors, and into the narrow corridor. I was familiar with the setting and no longer needed guidance. We came to an arched passage that branched off from the hallway and into the wide room that was the Chemical Laboratory. The walls were a light brown color and there were long black tables set around the room. Bottles and test tubes lay about the counters and tables along with small lit lamps. There was only one person in the room, bending over one of the tables, totally absorbed in his work. He glanced up with wide grin on his face as we entered and he quickly ran over to us with a test tube in his hand.

       "I've found it! I've found it! I have found a re-agent which is precipitated by haemoglobin, and by nothing else!" the man shouted excitedly, a more pleased expression couldn't have been seen on this man's face. His scientific talk baffled me a bit but by this man's actions I could tell that what he found must be important.

       "Choi Minho, this is Dr. Kim Jonghyun." Kibum said to the man, not really caring about what Minho had found. I smiled and held out my hand to the man.

       "Nice to meet you." I said to Minho. Mr.Choi took my hand and accepted the hand shake.

       "Nice to meet you too. You have been in Afghanistan I perceive." he said, letting go of my hand. My eyes grew wide.

       "How on Earth did you know that?" I asked him, shocked.  Minho chuckled to himself.

       "Never Mind. The question now is about haemoglobin. You see the importance of this discovery of mine, do you not?" he asked me, raising the test tube to his face and peering at it's dark contents. Minho then grabbed me by the sleeve and lead me over to the table he had been working at.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: okay then i might continue this since some of you like it. So I might take a while writing the other chapters since i no longer have the book to help me and i owe a major library fine now haha! But i do have the BBC version dvd "Sherlock" I can watch and get some ideas from it maybe.